The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

"Was, hes arrested now, and ready to go on trial" *He sighs* "Long story short, he tryed to kill me..and...sam..sh_.....*sighs* things happened and then at the end, Legion managed to get a lucky shot on my neck, killed me, and..well.." *He rubs his head* "Yeah, I won't go into that agien, but pertty much it"

"And the other Tenno brought you back." Melanie says. "I knew they were powerful... but this..."

On 9/9/2016 at 4:20 PM, kyrozon said:

"Sounds like something fun."

Richard's helmet folded into his shoulders to reveal a wry smile on his face, the gold rings in his blue eyes twinkling.  "I like you.  Come on."  He gestured with his shoulder for them to follow as he turned to continue walking in the direction of the crashed ship.

Edited by Yzjdriel

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Ryoko laughs.

"Which project?" He says. "I've got about several hundred in varying stages of development or testing."

He shrugs at the mention of disaster.

"We should be safe for another 24 hours. Longer if C.A.L.C actually gets the shadow ops team up and running."

Therese scratched the rear of her bighorn helmet. Is he joking or there's really no difference between projects for him?

"Erm... The one that involves our species reproduction, apparently"

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard's helmet folded into his shoulders to reveal a wry smile on his face, the gold rings in his blue eyes twinkling.  "I like you.  Come on."  He gestured with his shoulder for them to follow as he turned to continue walking in the direction of the crashed ship.

"So since when are you aware of these sentients being present on this planet?" The Loki asks.

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese scratched the rear of her bighorn helmet. Is he joking or there's no difference between projects for him?

"Erm... The one that involves our species, apperantly"

"Ahh yes." Ryoko says. "Ascension."

He hesitates. 

"If you don't mind there is someone else who should be here for that little talk." He says. "Follow me."

He makes his way past several tents and finally enters one. A woman stands near a relic item, looking over it. It hums in response to her proximity. 

"Felicity." Ryoko says. "We have a guest. One of the WTC. She's curious about the Ascension program."

The woman looks up. She seem to be about 20, but her eyes have the look of someone far older.

"Representative Theresa Bloom." Felicity says. "I've heard a lot about you on the comm traffic. Welcome welcome. Have a seat."

She turns to a stove.

"Would you like some tea?" She asks. "Or something to munch on. This conversation may be a lengthy one."

Edited by Rakawan

43 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Ahh yes." Ryoko says. "Ascension."

He hesitates. 

"If you don't mind there is someone else who should be here for that little talk." He says. "Follow me."

He makes his way past several tents and finally enters one. A woman stands near a relic item, looking over it. It hums in response to her proximity. 

"Felicity." Ryoko says. "We have a guest. One of the WTC. She's curious about the Ascension program."

The woman looks up. She seem to be about 20, but her eyes have the look of someone far older.

"Representative Theresa Bloom." Felicity says. "I've heard a lot about you on the comm traffic. Welcome welcome. Have a seat."

She turns to a stove.

"Would you like some tea?" She asks. "Or something to munch on. This conversation may be a lengthy one."

It took about five seconds for Therese to formulate the answer due to the sheer suddenness of hostesses hospitality. She quickly scanned her in order to compare this alien from the past to those orokin she seen herself during the times of war.

"... And I assume you're the famously sociable orokin our dear Melanie told me about earlier today. I did plan to meet you tomorrow in more - how to put it correctly? - more fair circumstances than a desert tent camp, but your... um... partner decided that we should meet immediately. Speaking about circumstances: I'm horribly sorry for rejecting your hospitable offers, but tea parties aren't exactly what people participate in when waiting for a flight. So I'd try to be laconic: my mentor will pay another visit here in a day after tomorrow, and, knowing the field of our clan interests, I may ensure you with 98 percent probability that this tenno repopulation project of yours will be a part of his visit agenda. So, you may want to put this discussion on hold for efficiency's sake"

She smirked somewhat timidly after sensing a smell of something presumably edible spreading from the stove's direction. 

Edited by Teloch

Just now, Teloch said:

It took about five seconds for Therese to formulate the answer due to the sheer suddenness of hostesses hospitality. She quickly scanned her in order to compare this alien from the past to those orokin she seen herself during the times of war.

"... And I assume you're the famously sociable orokin our dear Melanie told me about earlier today. I did plan to meet you tomorrow in more - how to put it correctly? - more fair circumstances than a desert tent camp, but your... um... partner decided that we should meet immediately. Speaking about circumstances: I'm horribly sorry for rejecting your hospitable offers, but tea parties aren't exactly what people participate in when waiting for a flight. So I'd try to be laconic: my mentor will pay another visit here in a day after tomorrow, and, knowing the field of our clan interests, I may ensure you with 98 percent probability that this tenno repopulation project of yours will be a part of his visit agenda. So, you may want to put this discussion on hold for efficiency's sake"

She smirked somewhat timidly after sensing a smell of something edible spreading from the stove's direction. 

"Lesser Orokin." Felicity says. "Were the Empire still around I would have less claim than the bastard daughter of the second cousin or a Executors niece."

She places a platter with some cookie like objects on the table before you.

"Nonsense." She says. "The next flight isn't for an hour or so. You must be hungry after such a fight."

She does not wait for your response but takes a seat herself, after adjusting a tea-kettle.

"Besides I'm sure your commander would appreciate having some information beforehand, rather than getting blindsided by the suddenness. She says.

She adjusts the robe she is wearing.

"You have seen the results of the Ascendance yourself." She says. "I am told you fought alongside Philip. Tell me, what did you think of our talkative swordsman."

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Lesser Orokin." Felicity says. "Were the Empire still around I would have less claim than the bastard daughter of the second cousin or a Executors niece."

She places a platter with some cookie like objects on the table before you.

"Nonsense." She says. "The next flight isn't for an hour or so. You must be hungry after such a fight."

She does not wait for your response but takes a seat herself, after adjusting a tea-kettle.

"Besides I'm sure your commander would appreciate having some information beforehand, rather than getting blindsided by the suddenness. She says.

She adjusts the robe she is wearing.

"You have seen the results of the Ascendance yourself." She says. "I am told you fought alongside Philip. Tell me, what did you think of our talkative swordsman."

The more persistent nature of hostess hospitality swapped Therese's shy smirk for a somewhat embarrassed grin. Not willing to act like a boring mid aged secretary and getting cookies trampled down her throat by force she slowly began to chomp on the sweety bits.

"Talkative, huh? Well, It wasn't him who tried to reason the terrorist to behave. But seriously, he looks like a normal tenno, behaves like a normal tenno, and I would say that he smells like a normal tenno, but unfortunately I didn't find it necessary to inspect him so thoroughly. From what I seen, he resembles an absolutely normal excalibur pilot of what lotusoids would characterize as the golden hunter to silver eagle mastery rank range and hypothetical inclination to naramon path. Although, he didn't show any school inclinations in my presence, so my guess is mightily based on my intuition"

Edited by Teloch

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

The more persistent nature of hostess hospitality swapped Therese's shy smirk for a somewhat embarrassed grin. Not willing to act like a boring mid aged secretary and getting cookies trampled down her throat by force she slowly began to chomp on the sweety bits.

"Talkative, huh? Well, It wasn't him who tried to reason the terrorist to behave. But seriously, he looks like a normal tenno, behaves like a normal tenno, and I would say that he smells like a normal tenno, but unfortunately I didn't find it necessary to inspect him so thoroughly. From what I seen, he resembles an absolutely normal excalibur pilot of what lotusoids would characterize as the golden hunter to silver eagle mastery rank range and hypothetical inclination to naramon path. Although, he didn't show any school inclinations in my presence, so mu guess is mightily based on my intuition"

"You must have earned his respect." Felicity says with a smile. "That is no easy feat."

She smiles at the mention of Tenno ranks.

"That is.. a bit high." She says, turning to Ryoko. He nods. "He is an Initiate, as am I. Though he dedicated himself to bladework long before becoming a Tenno. He is second only to Jas in martial skill. Though that is largely due to the differences in their training."

She sips her tea.

"Speaking of which." She says. "We come to the heart of the matter. You must have many questions. Ask away."

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"We should have communications steadied within the hour." Felicity says. "Then we can authorize a aerial sweep."

She bows and leaves the tent.

"For now I'd get settled into your lab." She says. "We'll have an search team organized soon."

"Settling in it is the mam."

The Operator gives a military salute.

"Just point me where I need to go and I'll be on my way."

As the Operator's Chroma turns back in the direction of the tent and makes it's way back, the drone slowly putters towards you and stops in the Chroma's original spot.

"Oh, Oh! What about me? What can I do?!"

The drone's movements are uncanny, bounceing and moving in a manner as though it is attached to an unseen body.

"Now that I'm out and about, I figure ye might have something to do for me?"

Edited by Unus

8 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Since they started shooting out of the ground and killing people," he replied.

The Loki turns to Cyria. "You where aware of the presence of the Sentients earlier weren't you, why didn't you tell them?"

"I told you the reason already."

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Sam is at the bar.

"Where is this Alice?" She asks. "I've heard so much about her steak."

"Hay Sam" *Walks over* "Alice?"

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"Over here sweetie!~" Alice said from behind the counter, hacking away at a feral kubrow.

*Looks over* "Ah, the uh feral..dog, is this a specialty or somethin?" *He says, in a odd tone, he looks around at the other foods that are being served* 

Just now, -Platinum- said:

"Hay Sam" *Walks over* "Alice?"

*Looks over* "Ah, the uh feral..dog, is this a specialty or somethin?" *He says, in a odd tone, he looks around at the other foods that are being served* 

"Oh, now don't tell me you never ate a dog before!" Alice said "We need to correct that mistake!"

The other kinds of meat he'd notice we're hard to recognise, some were of Sand Skates, some even from... Kavats? But the meat he doesn't recognise feels like he sees it every day, just not always cooked...

Outside the establishment, people could notice a 'for hire' sign near the main entrance. It reads: If you don't ask stupid questions like "Why am I doing this?" or "What is that smell?" then Alice has the job for you!

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"Oh, now don't tell me you never ate a dog before!" Alice said "We need to correct that mistake!"

The other kinds of meat he'd notice we're hard to recognise, some were of Sand Skates, some even from... Kavats? But the meat he doesn't recognise feels like he sees it every day, just not always cooked...

Outside the establishment, people could notice a 'for hire' sign near the main entrance. It reads: If you don't ask stupid questions like "Why am I doing this?" or "What is that smell?" then Alice has the job for you!

*He Chuckles* "I'm afraid not, even more so, if its...feral..." *He looks around and sighs* "I hate to be a bother, darll, but you got anything, Orokin?" *He looks at some of the food, perking a brow* "Not cooked?" *He mutters to himself* "Ah, so your hiring, eh?" *He shurgs* "The only fine foods, I kown how to cook are pure and rarity of the Orokin foods"

"Oooh, boy, trust me, if there were still those milk drinking Orokin around, my stocks would be full with golden steak" Alice replied "Though we have a Corrupted flavour for every kind of meat. But make sure your wallet isn't hungry, cause those will cost ya"

'At least till I get that delivery...' she though silently.

She the store him down at the mention of the job, looking him up top to bottom. She tilted her head "You could be a master schef sent by the potato embassy with a flesh ornament splattered on your pants, but I wouldn't hire you. I'm looking for a mind willing to learn my ways, skilled in tomato cutting or not. And if they fail, well... let's just say they'll get a reaaaaaly good look at the oven."

((You got me wrong. The meat IS cooked, he just feels like he sees this kind of meat not always cooked every day outside of the establishment.))

Edited by Denny2669

22 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Oooh, boy, trust me, if there were still those milk drinking Orokin around, my stocks would be full with golden steak" Alice replied "Though we have a Corrupted flavour for every kind of meat. But make sure your wallet isn't hungry, cause those will cost ya"

'At least till I get that delivery...' she though silently.

She the store him down at the mention of the job, looking him up top to bottom. She tilted her head "You could be a master schef sent by the potato embassy with a flesh ornament splattered on your pants, but I wouldn't hire you. I'm looking for a mind willing to learn my ways, skilled in tomato cutting or not. And if they fail, well... let's just say they'll get a reaaaaaly good look at the oven."

((You got me wrong. The meat IS cooked, he just feels like he sees this kind of meat not always cooked every day outside of the establishment.))

(( oh whoops..))

*He laughs* "Ohhh, I am swimming in Orokin, they don't call me the Prime Trader for nothing my friend" *He looks to her*  *He pauses* "Wait, are you telling me, you kill your employers, thats one way to get a bounty on your head, my dear and all it takes is for someone to over-hear our talk" *He says firmly*  "And well, hah as much as I whuold, I'm here to enjoy myself"

*He sighs* "Besides..the last time I tryed to do something, nice...my ship...exploded"..

Edited by -Platinum-
Cuz, Bro...I'm Terid

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

(( oh whoops..))

*He laughs* "Ohhh, I am swimming in Orokin, they don't call me the Prime Trader for nothing my friend" *He looks to her* "Delivery issues?, you need help with that?" *He pauses* "Wait, are you telling me, you kill your employers, thats one way to get a bounty on your head, my dear and all it takes is for someone to over-hear our talk" *He says firmly*  "And well, hah as much as I whuold, I'm here to enjoy myself"

*He sighs* "Besides..the last time I tryed to do something, nice...my ship...exploded"..

((How can he hear her thoughts?))

"It's written in the terms of service, jevel bucket" Alice replied.

"And that's why being nice is pointless~"

5 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

((How can he hear her thoughts?))

"It's written in the terms of service, jevel bucket" Alice replied.

"And that's why being nice is pointless~"

(( Oh, I miss-readed that, I tought it said "She said" silently, I'll change that, yah Im still tired ))

*He Folds his arms* "Let me guess, you cook them two?, your cannibals.." *He Grunts* "Does your ToS, tell you about the backlash of murdering?, man-slaguering!?" *He scoffs* "And I tought I had had it easy with Dualist, Who..is now..dead"  

Edited by -Platinum-

14 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"You must have earned his respect." Felicity says with a smile. "That is no easy feat."

She smiles at the mention of Tenno ranks.

"That is.. a bit high." She says, turning to Ryoko. He nods. "He is an Initiate, as am I. Though he dedicated himself to bladework long before becoming a Tenno. He is second only to Jas in martial skill. Though that is largely due to the differences in their training."

She sips her tea.

"Speaking of which." She says. "We come to the heart of the matter. You must have many questions. Ask away."

The speed with which Therese grabbed singular cookies slightly intensified

"... Did you just say that you underwent the void exposure process while either being aware or oblivious about the twenty percent survival rate?" She devastated another cookie like a barracuda feeding on a lesser fish, "and how possibly can an orokin become a tenno? Isn't the pure human genome required to perform the transit to post-human states?"

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

(( Oh, I miss-readed that, I tought it said "She said" silently, I'll change that, yah Im still tired ))

*He Folds his arms* "Let me guess, you cook them two?, your cannibals.." *He Grunts* "Does your ToS, tell you about the backlash of murdering?, man-slaguering!?" *He scoffs* "And I tought I had had it easy with Dualist, Who..is now..dead"  

"And that's why you'd never get a bloody job here!" she said "You, like many others, care about such petty little thingies like morals..." one could almost feel the disgust that rolled off her tongue with that word.

"But enough of using your mouth for anything else that ordering and feeding. Your order?"