The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

"It's great." She says. "Of course I can't tell you where it is. He changes market stalls every day. Part of the fun is finding where he's set up shop. Just don't order the seafood surprise. And if he serves it give him a compliment and ask for something else."

"Why excaly?, whats wrong with seafood?" *He looks confused*

22 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"If you wish to know my personal opinion, then I probably should mention my affiliate with the hexis doctrine and so the personal interest in our advancement as a species, which follows from the first statement. If you wish to know our views on this matter as an organization, then I suppose they are not different. And not only because we have many hexis sympathizers and followers"

((Will edit colors once computer works.))

"Ah Hexis." Ryoko says. "You should visit their library here. I've personally retrived several ancient texts that you may find fascinating...."

An armored form enters the tent.

"Arbiter." Philip says. "The drones are in place. We are ready to begin the aerial sweep."

Ryoko rises and leans to whisper something in Felicity's ear.

"I'll be fine." She says. "Go see to your project."

He leaves the tent, chatting excitedly with Philip.

"So Hexis." Felicity says. "I've been debating which syndicate to work for once I complete my training. Ryoko said we'll be named full-fledged Tenno soon."

She walks over to the counter and fills her cup with more tea. Her ahnd seems to linger under the sink for a second as she replaces the box of tea-bags.

"What are your takes on the syndicates?" She asks. 

Edited by Rakawan

22 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Oh, clever girl~" Alice said "But do you really think I need a justified reason to sink my teeth into its air pipe? Please, that would be for sane people."

She flashed an almost innocent smile, coupled with a giggle.

"No." Sai'ah says. "Sane people are soo boring."

She pops another armor plate off.

"Though I am curious why you are passing up a perfect chance to dismember this specimen. The back plates are close to the spine. Sometimes if you hit the wrong nerve the whole thing jerks like a fish out of water. You'd almost think it came back to life hlfway through."

Edited by Rakawan

10 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Why excaly?, whats wrong with seafood?" *He looks confused*

"Well let's just say it's made from sea-worms that find 400 degrees for two hours to be less lethal and more of a relaxation therapy." Sam says. "And conclude by pointing out that Marcus' oven only teaches 390."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Well let's just say it's made from sea-worms that find 400 degrees for two hours to be less lethal and more of a relaxation therapy." Sam says. "And conclude by pointing out that Marcus' oven only teaches 390."

"Uhhh.." *He looks even more confused* "You kown, what, I;ll your word for it.." 

5 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Do you wish to know my personal opinion on the syndicates or about their spread among our operatives?"

"Your opinion." She says. "Master Richard says I should go with Loka, as they usually work with healers. But I find their views a bit... narrow, for my tastes."

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

He shrugged.  "You have to remember that Tenno are less than 5% of the population here, and we weren't looking for the signatures of a completely dormant Sentient Lord.  We were a little busy stopping the Grineer from running us over from the Earth portal.  Couple that with the fact that we can't stay here all the time because of the things going on in the Origin System, and you've got your answer."  He flexed his shoulders and was once again clad in a Zephyr.  "Okay, I'm bored.  Grab on, kids.  We're going for a ride."  He bent his knees slightly, clearly preparing to take off.

"I will be perfectly able to follow you on foot, don't worry about me."

Cyria just nodded and climbed on Richard's back. 

Just now, kyrozon said:

Richard launched himself directly upward several hundred meters, then began to slowly glide downward as he looked around slowly.  "See anything that looks like a crashed Sentient ship?" he asked Cyria.

18 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

You can see a large ship scattered across the center of the desert. It is in several pieces, and has heavy void corrosion across the hull.

Edited by Rakawan

12 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard launched himself directly upward several hundred meters, then began to slowly glide downward as he looked around slowly.  "See anything that looks like a crashed Sentient ship?" he asked Cyria.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You can see a large ship scattered across the center of the desert. It is in several pieces, and has heavy good colors ion across the hull.

"I do, seems like it broke up already."

37 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Away Master Hund." Jas says. You recognize him from earlier. "How may I help you?"

"Ah, good, this will make things much easier."

The Chroma turns around and the Operator takes a long and deep breath.

"Okay. . . so. . . it appears I may have had a bit of an accident which has quickly turned into a fantastic discovery."

The slightest hint of youthful excitement has entered the Operator's voice

"I had taken a significant amount of time fiddling with the Sentient Skull, trying to see if I could boost the signal to reach the collective's' off world when I suddenly realized I had worked myself into exhaustion (the realization coming when I dropped flat mid conversation). Upon wakeing , it seems that someone had. . . uh. . . "slipped into the driver's" seat and. . . well. . . let me just show you."

The Operator waves a hand towards the tent.

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"I do, seems like it broke up already."

"I see it.  Let's see, we're looking for the- ah, there we are."  He'd caught sight of the center section right near the edge of the horizon.  "Hang tight."  He streaked directly for that section with a midair Tail Wind, airfoils expanding to hold Cyria in a shell, making the pair more aerodynamic while also shielding her from wind burn.

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I see it.  Let's see, we're looking for the- ah, there we are."  He'd caught sight of the center section right near the edge of the horizon.  "Hang tight."  He streaked directly for that section with a midair Tail Wind, airfoils expanding to hold Cyria in a shell, making the pair more aerodynamic while also shielding her from wind burn.

Cyria is suprised by the sudden burst of speed and looks back to see if Aaron is holding up. To her suprise he actually kept up pretty well, she knew Aaron was used to being quick on his feet but not that fast.

Just now, kyrozon said:

Cyria is suprised by the sudden burst of speed and looks back to see if Aaron is holding up. To her suprise he actually kept up pretty well, she knew Aaron was used to being quick on his feet but not that fast.

They reached the site in seconds, and floated a good kilometer above it for a moment.  "Do you prefer your landings 'terrifying' or 'casual'?" Richard asked as the wind started to pick up a little around him.

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

They reached the site in seconds, and floated a good kilometer above it for a moment.  "Do you prefer your landings 'terrifying' or 'casual'?" Richard asked as the wind started to pick up a little around him.

"Uh pick whatever you like to do more."

"Uh pick whatever you like to do more."

"Are you sure?" Richard asked, bemused.  "Because I usually go with 'terrifying'.  The feeling of pulling out of a dive mere millimeters from crashing directly into the ground at several hundred kilometers per hour in the least-armored Warframe is pretty exhilarating, don't get me wrong, but I've never done it with someone along for the ride before.  I also don't have any idea what the Gray Isle will do if I try that.  Actually," he said, as if he'd just realized something, "no.  Since I don't know how well the briefcase works at extreme velocity, let alone with a passenger, I'll play this one safe."  And he Dive Bombed.

For about two hundred feet.  Pulling out sharply, he hovered for a moment, then began slowly gliding downward.  "Just kidding.  'Safe' means exactly that."

14 minutes ago, Unus said:

"Ah, good, this will make things much easier."

The Chroma turns around and the Operator takes a long and deep breath.

"Okay. . . so. . . it appears I may have had a bit of an accident which has quickly turned into a fantastic discovery."

The slightest hint of youthful excitement has entered the Operator's voice

"I had taken a significant amount of time fiddling with the Sentient Skull, trying to see if I could boost the signal to reach the collective's' off world when I suddenly realized I had worked myself into exhaustion (the realization coming when I dropped flat mid conversation). Upon wakeing , it seems that someone had. . . uh. . . "slipped into the driver's" seat and. . . well. . . let me just show you."

The Operator waves a hand towards the tent.

"Of course." Jas says. He tucks his blade into the shield he carries and follows you.

Edited by Rakawan

"Are you sure?" Richard asked, bemused.  "Because I usually go with 'terrifying'.  The feeling of pulling out of a dive mere millimeters from crashing directly into the ground at several hundred kilometers per hour in the least-armored Warframe is pretty exhilarating, don't get me wrong, but I've never done it with someone along for the ride before.  I also don't have any idea what the Gray Isle will do if I try that.  Actually," he said, as if he'd just realized something, "no.  Since I don't know how well the briefcase works at extreme velocity, let alone with a passenger, I'll play this one safe."  And he Dive Bombed.

For about two hundred feet.  Pulling out sharply, he hovered for a moment, then began slowly gliding downward.  "Just kidding.  'Safe' means exactly that."

Cyria gasped for a moment as Richard made that sharp turn, letting out a sigh of relieve after.

Aaron was just waiting near the wreck of the ship.

Cyria gasped for a moment as Richard made that sharp turn, letting out a sigh of relieve after.

Aaron was just waiting near the wreck of the ship.

Richard landed lightly, laughing.  "Sorry," he said.  "I had to.  Now then, let's have a look at this thing."

Richard landed lightly, laughing.  "Sorry," he said.  "I had to.  Now then, let's have a look at this thing."

Cyria rolled her eyes, not that it would be visible. "Don't scare me like that next time!"

Aaron was walking along the side of the wreck, letting his hand glide over its surface.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"No." Sai'ah says. "Sane people are soo boring."

She pops another armor plate off.

"Though I am curious why you are passing up a perfect chance to dismember this specimen. The back plates are close to the spine. Sometimes if you hit the wrong nerve the whole thing jerks like a fish out of water. You'd almost think it came back to life hlfway through."

"Who said I wouldn't?" Alice says "I'm just waiting for you to evoke the flames of hate so I can extinguish them with my BIGGER flames!"

9 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria rolled her eyes, not that it would be visible. "Don't scare me like that next time!"

Aaron was walking along the side of the wreck, letting his hand glide over its surface.

"Next time, you'll be expecting it."  With a flex of his shoulders, his Feyarch Oberon was back, and as the Markhor helm slid into place, he cracked his neck.  "What do you think of it?" he asked Aaron.

*Zaeed checks any massages and hums* "I wonder if thos files I sent got checked yet.."

"Spam..Spam..Spam.."

*GASP* "New Baro Sentinel Mask?! BUY! *Clicks buy*

"Feeling aloney? Torment can ease that pain!" *He looks confused* "Why, do I keep getting these type of massages?"

"Fan..Mail"

"your actions have consequences?" *He looks to sam* "The hell is this?"

Edited by -Platinum-

The Chroma moves towards the tent at a moderate pace as the Operator adjusts an object hanging around it's neck. Standing outside the tent now, the operator clearly seems to be a blended mix of fearful, excited, and concerned. 

"You wouldn't happen to have a light source on you would you? It took me hours to find my way back up with just the headlamp."

Upon saying the word "headlamp", the Chroma's eyespots flash online into an orange-tinted beam that stretches 3 feet in front of it.

"Plus, I seem to have tripped over. .  . uh. . . someone, on the way back.