The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

*He relaxes* "Yeah, I don't do well, with such" *He rubs his neck* "But in all serious, Im sure you can guess"  *He walks over* "Hay Brandon, *he smiles and does a little wave*

((Follow Ryoko, not Seven. Should have made that clear.))

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He relaxes* "Yeah, I don't do well, with such" *He rubs his neck* "But in all serious, Im sure you can guess"  *He walks over* "Hay Brandon, *he smiles and does a little wave*

*As he follows, he truns back and looks to Ryoko* "So, what excaly is the mission over there?"

*As he follows, he truns back and looks to Ryoko* "So, what excaly is the mission over there?"

"C.A.L.C has been tasked with identifying and eliminating threats to Phenix before they occur." He says. "To that end I have given him authorization to start a Shadow War against our enemies, conducting espionage and reconnaissance."

32 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"C.A.L.C has been tasked with identifying and eliminating threats to Phenix before they occur." He says. "To that end I have given him authorization to start a Shadow War against our enemies, conducting espionage and reconnaissance."

"I see, no wonder why Matrix was so hush-hush about it" *He says, and sighs* "Lets hope i don't get myself killed"

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Why do this?" Ryoko asks. "You are a merchant. Why put your life on the line for this place?"

*He chuckles* "Im not -just- a trader my friend" *He replies* "I'm a Combat-engineer my good man" *He chuckles and speeks out* "Just as Balls said to me: Those kneeling at the altar of commerce will be returned.. to the Void." 

*He chuckles* "Im not -just- a trader my friend" *He replies* "I'm a Combat-engineer my good man" *He chuckles and speeks out* "Just as Balls said to me: Those kneeling at the altar of commerce will be returned.. to the Void." 

"But risking your life for this place." Ryoko says. "After nearly dying most people would step back a bit."

He steps onto a large teleport pad and motions for you to join him.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"But risking your life for this place." Ryoko says. "After nearly dying most people would step back a bit."

He steps onto a large teleport pad and motions for you to join him.

*He Shrugs* I like the danger and such, it thrives me" *He steps on* "I understand that, and yes I'm more scared of dying, now I  that I have a something to lose, so to speek" *He nods* "Tho it won't scare me away from a fight!" *He slams his firsts-togather* "I say bring it on"

"Like the Pirnn, I like to protect people, I want peace and profit, not kill without a reason" *He sighs* "Sure the Steel Meriden won't agree, but I did help, the leader promptly" *He chuckles*  

On 9/17/2016 at 4:28 AM, kyrozon said:

"I'm used to having been through a couple of unsavory medical examinations, so it isn't that big of a deal for me." Cyria replies looking at the box. "Is that cube also something you made?"

On 9/17/2016 at 11:08 AM, Yzjdriel said:

"Hell no.  This here is Darrin's handiwork.  Anything I shove into it ends up in Ryoko's lab after it undergoes some process or another.  I'm not really sure how he set up the portal, but things get sorted, cleaned, and cataloged before ending up in the lab, so we don't ask questions."

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Hell no.  This here is Darrin's handiwork.  Anything I shove into it ends up in Ryoko's lab after it undergoes some process or another.  I'm not really sure how he set up the portal, but things get sorted, cleaned, and cataloged before ending up in the lab, so we don't ask questions."

"Hmm alright, at least it saves you on sorting everyhing out." Cyria shrugged.

Just now, kyrozon said:

"Hmm alright, at least it saves you on sorting everyhing out." Cyria shrugged.

"That's one way to look at it, yeah."  Richard finished dumping parts into the box, then pulled out a jar of what looked suspiciously like peanut butter and used a Karyst to spread it over the entire remaining part of the ship that was sticking out of the sand.  "And now we go very far away from here."  With another shrug his Zephyr was back.

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"That's one way to look at it, yeah."  Richard finished dumping parts into the box, then pulled out a jar of what looked suspiciously like peanut butter and used a Karyst to spread it over the entire remaining part of the ship that was sticking out of the sand.  "And now we go very far away from here."  With another shrug his Zephyr was back.

From the guess of it this 'peanut butter' probably was something explosive, so without hesitation Cyria climbed on Richard's back.

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"There is a mole." Darrin says. "In your organization or ours I have not yet discovered. But someone is feeding information about both our ops to the enemy."

He pulls up feeds from missions.

"We received word about Grineer attacking a colony." He says. "We arrive to find the colony already aflame, and Nightwatch swarming the site, targeting Archons and ignoring Civilians." 

Another image.

"There were Zanuka and Hyena proxies at a decomissioning site." He says. "Transferred only two hours before our troops deployed."

Another document pops up. The date listed in in two days.

"And I don't know what the objective Operation Stolen Ghost is." He says. "But it is a trap. There are several intercepted message detailing the placement of thermo-nuclear charges at 'alpha site' and orders for kamikazee squadrons to engage and eliminate any WTC Troops upon deployment. There are also disturbing reports of mining colonies whose members are being trained as suicide bombers by Grineer officials. Whatever this op is your people are about to walk into a trap."

He clicks the screen off.

"Someone is leaking intel on both of us." He says. "And I cannot use normal channels until I know who. Your Colonel is visiting in a day. You must warn him, in person, and in private, that the operation is a trap. We cannot afford to tip off the mole."

Traditionally to such tense moments, Ulf figuratively turned to stone.

Therese tiredly massaged her brows and spoke

"And, I assume, this is what caused the argument back in the desert camp?

Good news: this "operation stolen ghost" is one of the stumers left by our counter-intel corps specifically for the purpose of delusion of those who isn't aware of our actual information doctrine but still tries to dig us up. Bad news: this piece of evidence is a wild card that may disrupt the cooperation between our organizations if left unresolved. And by that, I mean it would make our intelligence warlord Estelle Hebert absolutely adamant against any form of co-operation since it threatens our informational security. But what is worse, is that it would shake the ground below the lobbyists. In any case, this is the informational bait that has been swallowed by someone unknown, and so it must be investigated. I'll inform our officials in person once the opportunity arise. The evidence will be needed, though. 

Until then, I recommend focusing on the deduction of our mole's informational channels, intel access level, and personal motivation and profile. In case if it thrives on this planet, then they must've been using the secured beacons that connect local officials with ours. Also, this mole supplies information for the both tidal forces, making it more probable that they are an independent agent who trades in information for benefits or does so for other obscure reasons. Another interesting detail is that if this mole swallowed the informational hook, then it is probably their first try, which means that they began to make attempts to compromise our data integrity very recently.

In order to leave our mole unsuspicious, I'll recommend colonel to have a meeting with you in person, so be prepared to suddenly adjust your schedule" 

Therese's speech seemed to calm Ulf down, and he even began to breathe again

Edited by Teloch

16 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

From the guess of it this 'peanut butter' probably was something explosive, so without hesitation Cyria climbed on Richard's back.

((You, my good Sir, have a good eye.))

Richard carelessly tossed a Talon somewhere in the middle of the ship and took off quickly, heading for headquarters.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Traditionally to such tense moments, Ulf figuratively turned to stone.

Therese tiredly massaged her brows and spoke

"And, I assume, this is what caused the argument back in the desert camp?

Good news: this "operation stolen ghost" is one of the stumers left by our counter-intel corps specifically for the purpose of delusion of those who isn't aware of our actual information doctrine but still tries to dig us up. Bad news: this piece of evidence is a wild card that may disrupt the cooperation between our organizations if left unresolved. And by that, I mean it would make our intelligence warlord Estelle Hebert absolutely adamant against any form of co-operation since it threatens our informational security. But what is worse, is that it would shake the ground below the lobbyists. In any case, this is the informational bait that has been swallowed by someone unknown, and so it must be investigated. I'll inform our officials in person once the opportunity arise. I will need the evidence, though. 

Until then, I recommend focusing on the deduction of our mole's informational channels, intel access level, and personal motivation and profile. In case if it thrives on this planet, then they must've been using the secured beacons that connect local officials with ours. Also, this mole supplies information for the both tidal forces, making it more probable that they are an independent agent who trades in information for benefits or does it for other obscure reasons. Another interesting detail is that if this mole swallowed the informational hook, then it is probably their first try, which means that they began to make attempts to compromise our data integrity very recently.

In order to leave our mole unsuspicious, I'll recommend colonel to have a meeting with you in person, so be prepared to suddenly adjust your schedule" 

Therese's speech seemed to calm Ulf down, and he even began to breathe again

"That argument was a clan matter." Darrin says. "But if they are using the beacons, that doesn't explain how they accessed your files. Those channels only relay voice and transmitted data. Someone in your organization would have had to tell us about Stolen Ghost. Intentionally or not."

He sighs.

"I've begun counter intel of my own." He says. "C.A.L.C will also be spreading misinformation as he can. I'm reviewing the transmitted logs from here. But I suspect the mole would not remain here. I have a few contacts I trust within the empire. If something of interest happens we will know."

He holds up a strange item, it looks like a keycard.

"I have a way for you to relay information to me, and vice versa, without attracting attention." He says. "One your Sergeant may enjoy greatly."

He slides the keycard into a console and several images pop up, all vehicles of some sort or another.

"We've heard about Ulf's... skilll... at driving." He says. "Commander Tal has requested that he be contracted as a test driver."

He looks at Ulf.

"Your official job would be very simple." He says. "Drive it until it breaks, wait for it to be fixed, and break it again."

He holds out a data pad detailing the assignment.

"Of course I'm sure your Major would occasionally have errands for you to run." He says. "We'd probably have to lease out one of our transports so you could drive back and forth."

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That argument was a clan matter." Darrin says. "But if they are using the beacons, that doesn't explain how they accessed your files. Those channels only relay voice and transmitted data. Someone in your organization would have had to tell us about Stolen Ghost. Intentionally or not."

He sighs.

"I've begun counter intel of my own." He says. "C.A.L.C will also be spreading misinformation as he can. I'm reviewing the transmitted logs from here. But I suspect the mole would not remain here. I have a few contacts I trust within the empire. If something of interest happens we will know."

He holds up a strange item, it looks like a keycard.

"I have a way for you to relay information to me, and vice versa, without attracting attention." He says. "One your Sergeant may enjoy greatly."

He slides the keycard into a console and several images pop up, all vehicles of some sort or another.

"We've heard about Ulf's... skilll... at driving." He says. "Commander Tal has requested that he be contracted as a test driver."

He looks at Ulf.

"Your official job would be very simple." He says. "Drive it until it breaks, wait for it to be fixed, and break it again."

He holds out a data pad detailing the assignment.

"Of course I'm sure your Major would occasionally have errands for you to run." He says. "We'd probably have to lease out one of our transports so you could drive back and forth."

"Oh... my.., GOD!" Therese exclaimed in shock and loudly facepalmed while Ulf slowly began to smile. The tips of his bearded mouth lifted up, he nodded approvingly, and for a fracture of a second, something... strange, eery, or even infernal sparked in his usually innocently-looking eyes.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Oh... my.., GOD!" Therese exclaimed in shock and loudly facepalmed while Ulf slowly began to smile. The tips of his bearded mouth lifted up, he nodded approvingly, and for a fracture of a second, something... strange, eery, or even infernal sparked in his usually innocently-looking eyes.

Darrins mouth lifts in a smile as well.

"We just need you to sign this form giving permission for him to work here." He says. "And of course waiving our responsibility for any injuries he may receive, though I assure you we will do our best to treat any that arise."

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

"Well..." Alice was in thought, before a playfull smirk crept up on her face "Sei'ah here can tell you the tale, I'm not sure I know it well enough..."

((Sorry, I had a whole story written, but internet cut out and I lost the progress... FML.)))

"Well see, a long time ago a man named Mr Weaver..." Sai'ah says. "Ran a nice little shop. Nothing fancy, just a little hole in the wall."

She smiles.

"They say the location was cursed. Or that the wiring was faulty, but one day a fire broke out. Nothing seemed to be wrong... not at first." She says. "The food was a little bloodier, the meat a bit more raw. Nothing too concerning."

The tips of claws begin to inch out around the sign.

"See the customers took the place for granted. Never gave many tips. Well poor old Bob needed the money to live. He kept up the shop, of course, but customers noticed something off about him. He looked thin, malnourished. Spoke to himself." 

Sai'ah looks up at the sign.

"Poor Bob eventually died." She said. "And the restaurant closed. But some said they still heard noises. Muttering. Saw a hunched figure sitting amidst the neon sign, watching."

She smiles and shrugs.

"They sold all his stuff, auctioned it to pay his debts." She says. "Alice here got the sign for a steal."

The claws begin to click on the sign.

"But they saw that's because its haunted." She says. "That Bob still hangs around, watching, waiting, for someone to skimp on tips. Waiting for a chance to dine again."

The creature let's out a low chuckled and the claws scrape against the sign.

Sai'ah opens the door and half-ushers, half pushes the Archons inside.

"But I'm sure you're safe." She says. "You don't look like the type to be so cheap."

Right before the door closes she looks up at the sign.

"Don't you agree.... Bob?" She says. 

On September 16, 2016 at 0:51 PM, Unus said:

The device swings into the shield and hits with the force of a truck before deflecting off and swinging back around the protrusion. It swings in tighter and tighter circles and faster and faster speeds like a penny going down a drain. In the end, the device slams into the stone with such force that it punches a torso wide hole in the rock and shoots downwards, wherever downwards might be. The wires connecting the device grow extremely taut. . . and then relaxes into a "merely" strained state.

"Typical, always with the unorthodox solutions to simple problems."

The Operator holds itself up with one hand.

"You okay?"

((Reposting cuse I never knew Rak was back temporarily))

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria looked over her shoulder to see what would happen.

Richard thumbed the detonator, and the ship was transformed into a beautiful fireball the size of a Galleon.  "I don't care that I was late to the party," said Richard with a chuckle.  "I still brought my gift."

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard thumbed the detonator, and the ship was transformed into a beautiful fireball the size of a Galleon.  "I don't care that I was late to the party," said Richard with a chuckle.  "I still brought my gift."

Cyria held one hand infront of her eyes to protect them from their flash. "Seems like a good gift for those things."