The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

The proxy heads pulls back a bit and it keeps observing the Kavat.

"D'aww, that's nice. I just got Diablo as a companion and that's it."

The Kavat darts forward again, trying to lure the Proxy forward.

"So what do you do for the Fire Hawx?" Felicity asks.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Kavat darts forward again, trying to lure the Proxy forward.

"So what do you do for the Fire Hawx?" Felicity asks.

The proxy follows after it.

"I'm mainly keeping myself occupied with trying to recreate orokin proxies, like the wolf ones. So far we have made a few succesful ones, but nothing that's exactly the same. A few parts we simply don't have."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Melanie knows that if someone leaves here intact then any differences have obviously been resolved." Darrin says. "And she is well used to my 'debates' with people continuing into the odd hours."

He shrugs.

"There is a new luxury hotel." He says. "They'd probably spoil you rotten, though. And I cannot say it would be secure."

"Does it have hordes of valetry, sanitary with heating, and 24 hours buffet?" She asked 

Edited by Teloch

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah stares around.

"Looks fun." She says. "But causing phyiscal pain isntt my thing. Far more amusing to watch someone lose their grip on reality."

She shrugs again.

"But Ill keep that in mind." She says. "The Wraiths would love this place."

"The ghostygoos are free to join as well. As long as they keep all the vein slicing secret, or I'll have to slaughter the anti-fun police, again... wouldn't mind that though."

The door to the next room seemed much more special, made of blood red ceramic and bones of all kinds.

"This one's my favourite..."

Alice opened it, revealing what seems to be her personal quarters. They were quite sizeable, one had to say. Many trophies of slain enemies, creatures and robotics lined the red/purple walls, along with paintings she 'borrowed'. All the furniture was in the same style as everything else, including the bathroom, the confy looking bed, the weapon lockers or the miniature kitchen. All she needed now was a window, but since they're underground, dirt isn't that nice to look at... unless soaked with blood... she should write that down...

"Soooooo? Like it?"

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Does it have hordes of valetry, sanitary with heating, and 24 hours buffet?" She asked 

"Massage settings on the beds with heating options, full room speakers. Sinks the size of bathtubs and bathtubs the size of pools." He says. "The even have a kitten library where you can check out little furballs to cuddle with. High definition holoscreens, and several archaic console sims. But no buffet, unfortunately. There is however a automated chef who can cook anything provided it acquires a recipe."

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

"The ghostygoos are free to join as well. As long as they keep all the vein slicing secret, or I'll have to slaughter the anti-fun police, again... wouldn't mind that though."

The door to the next room seemed much more special, made of blood red ceramic and bones of all kinds.

"This one's my favourite..."

Alice opened it, revealing what seems to be her personal quarters. They were quite sizeable, one had to say. Many trophies of slain enemies, creatures and robotics lined the red/purple walls, along with paintings she 'borrowed'. All the furniture was in the same style as everything else, including the bathroom, the confy looking bed, the weapon lockers or the miniature kitchen. All she needed now was a window, but since they're underground, dirt isn't that nice to look at... unless soaked with blood... she should write that down...

"Soooooo? Like it?"

Saiah claps exictedly.

"I wish I had one like this." She says. "But Initiates aren't allowed to decorate our personal quarters. Not until we are full fledged Tenno anyways, and I doubt Grandmaster Tak would approve of the decoration in his Monastery."

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

The proxy follows after it.

"I'm mainly keeping myself occupied with trying to recreate orokin proxies, like the wolf ones. So far we have made a few succesful ones, but nothing that's exactly the same. A few parts we simply don't have."

The Kavat pauses when the proxy is away from the tent and then darts behind it, curling up where the proxy stood. It kneeds the ground for a bit and then stretches out purring. 

"What exact parts are you looking for?" Felicity asks. "Ryoko has a knack for obtaining rare items, perhaps he could help."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Massage settings on the beds with heating options, full room speakers. Sinks the size of bathtubs and bathtubs the size of pools." He says. "The even have a kitten library where you can check out little furballs to cuddle with. High definition holoscreens, and several archaic console sims. But no buffet, unfortunately. There is however a automated chef who can cook anything provided it acquires a recipe."

"Way too posh for us - two downhome soldiers - it is then" she replied and addressed Ulf, "Grab your blower helmet; we're going to see how glorified the tent is". Perhaps he would be upset about his commander's decision in other circumstances, but the frost was too busy imagining what will he do with the entrusted vehicles.

"Evening, general" Therese said before taking leave.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Way too posh for us - two downhome soldiers - it is then" she replied and addressed Ulf, "Grab your blower helmet; we're going to see how glorified the tent is". Perhaps he would be upset about his commander's decision in other circumstances, but the frost was too busy imagining what will he do with the entrusted vehicles.

"Evening, general" Therese said before taking leave.

"Evening Major." Darrin says, turning back to his Hek.

The guards, two new prosecutors, both salute you as you pass.

The tent is a pavilion tent, with several dividers. The cloth is Orokin design, and the accommodations are as ornate and comfortable as they are sparse. The entrance to each divided 'room' is a curtain, but the open space when it is pulled back shimmers, possibly a force field for additional security. 

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Jas removes a bag from digital storage and withdraws another shield, slotting it onto his arm. He nods at you.

"Take your time Master." He says. "This is your field. Not mine."

"Master?" The Operator says as it slaps a hand onto the Chroma and it's body thrums to life, snatching the Operator up in it's arms.

"I think Operator would be a bit more suitable, Master makes me think of. . ."

The Chroma's hand rubs the back of the Operator's head gingerly

". . . him."

After a few moments of stareing thoughtfully off into space, the Operator shrugs as the Chroma lifts it over it's head and places it back into the harness.

"Anyway, I think we might need some scouting assistance here, I have absolutely no memory (mine or anyone else's) of what could be down in that hole."

The Chroma steps over to it and stands off to the side, peaking through the crack.

"Seems deep enough, you think your little friend could sniff around ahead?"

1 hour ago, Unus said:

"Master?" The Operator says as it slaps a hand onto the Chroma and it's body thrums to life, snatching the Operator up in it's arms.

"I think Operator would be a bit more suitable, Master makes me think of. . ."

The Chroma's hand rubs the back of the Operator's head gingerly

". . . him."

After a few moments of stareing thoughtfully off into space, the Operator shrugs as the Chroma lifts it over it's head and places it back into the harness.

"Anyway, I think we might need some scouting assistance here, I have absolutely no memory (mine or anyone else's) of what could be down in that hole."

The Chroma steps over to it and stands off to the side, peaking through the crack.

"Seems deep enough, you think your little friend could sniff around ahead?"

Jas taps the Sentinel and then points down the hole.

The Sentinel hums and descends, feeding video to a holo-pad.

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Saiah claps exictedly.

"I wish I had one like this." She says. "But Initiates aren't allowed to decorate our personal quarters. Not until we are full fledged Tenno anyways, and I doubt Grandmaster Tak would approve of the decoration in his Monastery."

Alice smiled "Well, you can hang out here when that plain room of yours gets you pretty eyes sore~. And you're not a full fledged Tenno yet?"

Alice smiled "Well, you can hang out here when that plain room of yours gets you pretty eyes sore~. And you're not a full fledged Tenno yet?"

"Not even technically an adult yet." Sai'ah says. "This body belongs to the last being that though challenging me would be fun."

Her form shifts and a young girl, about eight, stands before you in a scaled dress. Her eyes have a terrible gaze to them, the look of someone who knows far more than any mortal should.

"I'd walk around like this." Sai'ah says. "But its hard to get things done when everyone goes running in terror from the 'demon child.'"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Not even technically an adult yet." Sai'ah says. "This body belongs to the last being that though challenging me would be fun."

Her form shifts and a young girl, about eight, stands before you in a scaled dress. Her eyes have a terrible gaze to them, the look of someone who knows far more than any mortal should.

"I'd walk around like this." Sai'ah says. "But its hard to get things done when everyone goes running in terror from the 'demon child.'"

"D'aaaaaw, but seeing them run away in fright must be so fun! No?" Alice said, quickly adapting to the new turn of events. The sudden change of age bothered her a bit, but she didn't want to loose a new buddy by voicing it. Would make complimenting her easier afteral...

"D'aaaaaw, but seeing them run away in fright must be so fun! No?" Alice said, quickly adapting to the new turn of events. The sudden change of age bothered her a bit, but she didn't want to loose a new buddy by voicing it. Would make complimenting her easier afteral...

"True." Sai'ah says, her form shifting back to an older form. "But when you need to be serious people don't listen to children as much as other adults."

She titls her head.

"I know what you're thinking." She says. "It bothers everyone. That's why I usually don't do it often. Still, its a fun trick to startle someone. Somehow a psychopathic child is even more terrifying than an adult."

She holds out a hand.

"Friends?" She asks, her voice sincere. 

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"True." Sai'ah says, her form shifting back to an older form. "But when you need to be serious people don't listen to children as much as other adults."

She titls her head.

"I know what you're thinking." She says. "It bothers everyone. That's why I usually don't do it often. Still, its a fun trick to startle someone. Somehow a psychopathic child is even more terrifying than an adult."

She holds out a hand.

"Friends?" She asks, her voice sincere. 

"Obviously!" Alice beamed, shaking Sei'ahs hand with overflowing joy. She has a buddy! Now they can do so many buddy things! Though, in some part of her mind, she wondered if they could be...

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Jas taps the Sentinel and then points down the hole.

The Sentinel hums and descends, feeding video to a holo-pad.

The feed reveals only the cable and thick square walls of a concrete shaft that goes straight downwards. After a few minutes of descending, a blue glow engulfs the drone, holds it in place for several minutes, and then promptly disappears. Finally, after a 30 foot descent, the machine clinks against a concrete floor to a fearsome sight. The device appears to have throughly pancaked a M.O.A. and is still thrusting downwards. The M.O.A.'s limbs still twitch and convulse, splattering conductive fluid and sparks around it.

"Well, at least it seems to have cleared a path for us." 

The Operator says as it turns around and the Chroma body lifts it into the hole.

"Dark, cold, and certainly noisy, got any inklings of what it might be?

The Chroma pulls the Operator back up and "holsters" it again, unveiling a gruesome face pale with white dust.

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Evening Major." Darrin says, turning back to his Hek.

The guards, two new prosecutors, both salute you as you pass.

The tent is a pavilion tent, with several dividers. The cloth is Orokin design, and the accommodations are as ornate and comfortable as they are sparse. The entrance to each divided 'room' is a curtain, but the open space when it is pulled back shimmers, possibly a force field for additional security. 

Both of them looked around for a bit, inspecting the interiors. Everything seemed fine, especially compared to the cellar back in the citadel. The only problem was that it was a bit chilly inside, just like in the most tents.

"The locals sure have a thing about tents, don't you think Theri?"
"There was nothing intact around half a day ago"
"Yeah. A point"

Therese examined the force field for a bit longer while Ulf proceeded straight to one of the "rooms". She leaned outside to check the touring patrols and then headed back to the remaining section. It was more night chills than the latest bits of intel given by Darrin that made her feel uncomfortable taking her frame off for the night. Good thing mesas don't actually bear any ceramic or rubedo plating...

The kitten library tho...  Was her last thought before she took the horizontal position and dozed off within the first minute. 

10 hours ago, Unus said:

The feed reveals only the cable and thick square walls of a concrete shaft that goes straight downwards. After a few minutes of descending, a blue glow engulfs the drone, holds it in place for several minutes, and then promptly disappears. Finally, after a 30 foot descent, the machine clinks against a concrete floor to a fearsome sight. The device appears to have throughly pancaked a M.O.A. and is still thrusting downwards. The M.O.A.'s limbs still twitch and convulse, splattering conductive fluid and sparks around it.

"Well, at least it seems to have cleared a path for us." 

The Operator says as it turns around and the Chroma body lifts it into the hole.

"Dark, cold, and certainly noisy, got any inklings of what it might be?

The Chroma pulls the Operator back up and "holsters" it again, unveiling a gruesome face pale with white dust.

Jas returns to the tent where Hund is.

"Good morning, Master Tenno." He says. "I found someone else willing to help examine the tunnel."

A Loki with a Lacera and a bundle of rope around his shoulder waves at you.

"We have authorization to mount an expedition." Jas says. 

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

((Time skip incoming.))

Dawn rises over the planet and Archons go about their day. Civilians still sleep soundly.

After Shei'ah took her leave back to the monastery, Alice took a well deserved nap for the night.

She woke up early, got dressed in her - surprisingly - now cleaned Warframe, and got into the restaurant, opening the kitchen window. Unlike other restaurants that had set opening hours, Dine In Hell was always open thanks to the Ospreys her clan provided, but the specialties and high quality food was only avaliable when she's awake. The meat she makes is much better than the one mad by the Ospreys, due to her techniques and special kitchen equipment.
The butcher lady was casually looking at her finger nails, waiting for a customer to enter at this early hour.

14 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Jas returns to the tent where Hund is.

"Good morning, Master Tenno." He says. "I found someone else willing to help examine the tunnel."

A Loki with a Lacera and a bundle of rope around his shoulder waves at you.

"We have authorization to mount an expedition." Jas says. 

((Que garbled noise in the manner of an accelerated tape)) ((sound of someone pressing the play button on a tape-recorder))

The Chroma turns away from the chunk of stone it was eyeing at the entrance and turns around, revealing the Operator pulled into a faux-standing position. Flicking the side of it's head to retract the Naramon lens back into it's seath, it eyeballs the newcomer curiously, but with a warm smile.

"Could always use an extra pair of limbs when it comes to the unknown sir, is he brought up to speed?"

The Chroma bends the Operator's legs for it as it does a reverent bow to both of them.

"To tell you the truth, the only new things I have to say are that A) that protruding rock with the hatch in it was carved in minute detail over the course of 20 years by a single craftsmen and 2) those noises haven't ceased ever since the hole opened up."

The Operator pantomimes a dramatic athletic flip as the Chroma lifts it over it's shoulders and places it into the harness.

"Needless to say, I'm interested."

Edited by Unus

Ah the wonders of..... unusual places.  Firefly stood on the rail platform with a finger turning slowly to twist and roll a red dreadlock passively.  It felt like way too much of a journey, but she figures this might be a good place to lay low for a bit, and just relax.  Of course, that never comes without a price, does it?

Name? "Bug."

Race? "Uh.. Pretty sure human.. Unless the bloody sods poked around when I was asleep."

Reason for visiting? "R&R.  And hoagies. Oh and whiskey."

Cargo to Declare? "My charming wit."

Leaning against the wall, she folds her arms with eyebrows lifting slowly, "I'd be thrilled if you could direct me to a place for the... aforementioned whiskey and hoagies.  Hopefully the lads about here aren't eating the pets.."

Fake record ftw.. hopefully.  She'll know if her expertise in hacking got her anywhere.

On 21 september 2016 at 10:35 PM, Rakawan said:

The Kavat pauses when the proxy is away from the tent and then darts behind it, curling up where the proxy stood. It kneeds the ground for a bit and then stretches out purring. 

"What exact parts are you looking for?" Felicity asks. "Ryoko has a knack for obtaining rare items, perhaps he could help."

The proxy looked around, when he realised the Kavat was gone he turned back to his original spot. He looked down at the Kavat and barked at it.

"I don't know what I need straight out of my head. I'm pretty sure I got a list with missing parts I still need."

16 hours ago, kyrozon said:

The proxy looked around, when he realised the Kavat was gone he turned back to his original spot. He looked down at the Kavat and barked at it.

"I don't know what I need straight out of my head. I'm pretty sure I got a list with missing parts I still need."

The Kavat grips the Proxy's about and pulls it down, glaring into it's eyes as it's coated claws pierce the metal. It hisses threateningly and then bops the proxy, leaving small dents, before clicking it's tail and curling back up lazily.