The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

18 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

Sol looks down at the floor "None that would amount to the sins I have committed"

Tiny reaches down and lifts your chin.

"Every good deed matters." He says. "No matter whether it stones for sins or falls short of such. Is there nothing you have done out of the goodness of your heart?" 

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Because you seem the power within that tone." The first says. "It is ours to teach, but only to those who we seem worthy to take up our place in the Order."

"The power is this tome holds is great, but it is not the greatest."

*Stabilis closes the book, his gaze shifting between the shades*

"There is a time for shields and a time for swords; now is the time for shields.  If you will listen, I will tell you of a man who held the greatest power."

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"The power is this tome holds is great, but it is not the greatest."

*Stabilis closes the book, his gaze shifting between the shades*

"There is a time for shields and a time for swords; now is the time for shields.  If you will listen, I will tell you of a man who held the greatest power."

As you close the book a spirit appears. However as you begin to speak he listens, nods approvingly, then disappears.

It occurs to you that this might be a test in and of itself.

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you close the book a spirit appears. However as you begin to speak he listens, nods approvingly, then disappears.

It occurs to you that this might be a test in and of itself.

*Stabilis gently sqeeuzes Sarah's leg, waking her*

"I will tell the story you like. 

Long before the orokin empire, earth was in a state of tyranny. A monster of a person held prisoners, tormenting them daily, but forcing them to live. One man defied the monster, and spread hope. He was sentenced to die a public death, but when the hammer was brought upon his back, his bones did not break. He was struck again, and still he held. The monster, growing angry, struck his face. He remained solid. Then the man was struck utop his head. The stories say that the hammer broke, and that the man rose and stood against the beasts of humanity. He had ended a tyrant's riegn without a single blow.   Wether you believe this story or not is up to you; I know it to be true. I would love to say I am this man, but it is not so. I can, however, strive to hold his determination, his will to stand and let others strike him without profit. This is the greatest of all powers:  to never back down, and to never give in, even when you are going through hell."

*Stabilis sighs, his shoulders relaxing*

"If your power is not of determination, if it is of the sword, then I want no part in it. You make claims if your own benefit, but I seek this knowledge myself. I will continue to travel after I have learned it."

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

29 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"I saved a child's life."

"A good deed." He says. The others echo it.

"I welcome you as Brother, Sol." He says. "Step forward and touch the glaive of Hayden."

Behind him a glaive hovers above a dias. It appear ancient, older than even the first Tenno.

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Bill sits at the counter watching the place.

"Where's the Princess?" He asks.

"Preparing stuff. We're still going out for some bloody fun, so I'm booting up the blood lickers." Alice replied, clapping her hands for the command to initiate. From the back rooms, a couple of MOAs with different (and blood splattered) animal costumes, taking position in different parts of the establishment as guards.

"These cuties will take care of any death wishing clowns, so you can go now sweetie." After that, she walked back down into the dungeon to get her toys. The Ospreys do all the cooking now while she's gone.

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"Preparing stuff. We're still going out for some bloody fun, so I'm booting up the blood lickers." Alice replied, clapping her hands for the command to initiate. From the back rooms, a couple of MOAs with different (and blood splattered) animal costumes, taking position in different parts of the establishment as guards.

"These cuties will take care of any death wishing clowns, so you can go now sweetie." After that, she walked back down into the dungeon to get her toys. The Ospreys do all the cooking now while she's gone.

Bill shrugs and leaves the eatablishment.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"A good deed." He says. The others echo it.

"I welcome you as Brother, Sol." He says. "Step forward and touch the glaive of Hayden."

Behind him a glaive hovers above a dias. It appear ancient, older than even the first Tenno.

Sol approaches the glaive and lays a hand on the haft

45 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis gently sqeeuzes Sarah's leg, waking her*

"I will tell the story you like. 

Long before the orokin empire, earth was in a state of tyranny. A monster of a person held prisoners, tormenting them daily, but forcing them to live. One man defied the monster, and spread hope. He was sentenced to die a public death, but when the hammer was brought upon his back, his bones did not break. He was struck again, and still he held. The monster, growing angry, struck his face. He remained solid. Then the man was struck utop his head. The stories say that the hammer broke, and that the man rose and stood against the beasts of humanity. He had ended a tyrant's riegn without a single blow.   Wether you believe this story or not is up to you; I know it to be true. I would love to say I am this man, but it is not so. I can, however, strive to hold his determination, his will to stand and let others strike him without profit. This is the greatest of all powers:  to never back down, and to never give in, even when you are going through hell."

*Stabilis sighs, his shoulders relaxing*

"If your power is not of determination, if it is of the sword, then I want no part in it. You make claims if your own benefit, but I seek this knowledge myself. I will continue to travel after I have learned it."

All save one shade vanish.

"Theee tests in one." He says. "And all passed. Resolve, trust, and wisdom."

He spread his hands.

"Two tests remain, completing one may help or hinder the other." He says. "All Masters must possses two things. The first, a Mantle, a symbol of wisdom and skill. Seek out the Brawler Nikolai, he holds the Mantle, and the next test."

He motions to you.

"The final test may seem strange to you." He says. "You hold our secrets, our knowledge. But both are useless if left unused. Thwre is great power within you, We can help you shape it, but we cannot unlock it for you."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Bill shrugs and leaves the eatablishment.

After a while, Alice go out of the restaurant ready to tango with a dinosaur. Dual Zoren with the dagger axe variation, the Stalker's prized throwing knives, Despair, and the Drakgoon grineer flak cannon.

On her hips hanged a variety of items. A couple of spay cans, crayon case, some universal red pen, and a finger nail file. Speaking of nails, she seems to have sharpened them, and taken a bath as well. Even a perfume... well, if the exotic smell of albino skate blood is a perfume, it does smell relatively good though.

One could think she's going out for a dance night, not rip someone's head off. But the full Mirage frame and weapons might give it away.

With no time to waste, she floated off to meet Sai'ah in the forest, at the place she told her about. A grin carved up behind her helmet.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

All save one shade vanish.

"Theee tests in one." He says. "And all passed. Resolve, trust, and wisdom."

He spread his hands.

"Two tests remain, completing one may help or hinder the other." He says. "All Masters must possses two things. The first, a Mantle, a symbol of wisdom and skill. Seek out the Brawler Nikolai, he holds the Mantle, and the next test."

He motions to you.

"The final test may seem strange to you." He says. "You hold our secrets, our knowledge. But both are useless if left unused. Thwre is great power within you, We can help you shape it, but we cannot unlock it for you."

"Very well"

*Stabilis stands, and moves to find  Nikolai. He brings the book with him, asking those he sees where Nikolai is.*

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

After a while, Alice go out of the restaurant ready to tango with a dinosaur. Dual Zoren with the dagger axe variation, the Stalker's prized throwing knives, Despair, and the Drakgoon grineer flak cannon.

On her hips hanged a variety of items. A couple of spay cans, crayon case, some universal red pen, and a finger nail file. Speaking of nails, she seems to have sharpened them, and taken a bath as well. Even a perfume... well, if the exotic smell of albino skate blood is a perfume, it does smell relatively good though.

One could think she's going out for a dance night, not rip someone's head off. But the full Mirage frame and weapons might give it away.

With no time to waste, she floated off to meet Sai'ah in the forest, at the place she told her about. A grin carved up behind her helmet.

Sai'ah meditates in her Nemesis form, surrounded by strange creatures.

((Look up Dark sector's Stalkers.))

One of them lunges at you, only to recoil as if chastised. 

Sai'ah looks up.

"One moment." She says. "I just need to double check."

She seems to confer with herself and then nods.

You feel something touch your mind. Through it you can sense Sai'ah, and an army of minds, some with nearly human thought patterns. All feel feral.

"Beta." You hear Sai'ah say, indicating you.

The Hunters look at you and bow. All save one. It's body is covered with scars. It chitters a challenge and scurries towards you.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Very well"

*Stabilis stands, and moves to find  Nikolai. He brings the book with him, asking those he sees where Nikolai is.*

((Discount the events of Guilds.)) You are directed to a strange coliseum ring below the mountain.

You can hear the sound of combat  from inside the right, the clash of metal and the thud of fist on flesh. The place smells of sweat and dust.

The guards direct you to a figure watching over a combat ring. An atlas. He stands with the air of one in charge.

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((Discount the events of Guilds.)) You are directed to a strange coliseum ring below the mountain.

You can hear the sound of combat  from inside the right, the clash of metal and the thud of fist on flesh. The place smells of sweat and dust.

The guards direct you to a figure watching over a combat ring. An atlas. He stands with the air of one in charge.

*Stabilis approaches the atlas, standing a full head taller*

"I take it you are Nikolai, the one I was directed to. The shades told me that you hold my next trial"

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"The overseer was Grineer." She says. "Now... now he is dead."

*He looks to her* "Good.." *He sighs* "Look, Sam, I hate myself that I asked you this, I really do, but, it was on my chest" *He rubs his face* "I still can't bealive someone would do this to, well, a wonderful woman like you" *He says, his voice is breaking* "I....didn't tell you about my child, did I?"

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis approaches the atlas, standing a full head taller*

"I take it you are Nikolai, the one I was directed to. The shades told me that you hold my next trial"

He looks you up and down.

"You're the new Master ja?"He asks. "Here for the Mantle?"

4 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*He looks to her* "Good.." *He sighs* "Look, Sam, I hate myself that I asked you this, I really do, but, it was on my chest" *He rubs his face* "I still can't bealive someone would do this to, well, a wonderful woman like you" *He says, his voice is breaking* "I....didn't tell you about my child, did I?"

"It's... I..." she says. "I don't enjoy the topic. Remember that."

She looks at you.

"I do not believe you mentioned him." She says. "Where is his mother?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

"It's... I..." she says. "I don't enjoy the topic. Remember that."

She looks at you.

"I do not believe you mentioned him." She says. "Where is his mother?"

"She's dead" *He says, with a soft sigh* "The Sentients killed her" *He grips the necklace harder* "Them....damm monsters, Murdered her" *He Grunts* "The Corpus did jack, to do help her as well, sure they where young back then, but....still" *He says* "I took Eden and took him to the Orokin Ten-Zero, but..that was..a mistake.." *He grips his face* "Thats...where..I..lost him.."

5 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Yes. I am Stabilis, as they might have told you"

*He looks for a place to set down the book.*

"Might." He said. "And didn't. Not that it would help much if they did. They aren't exactly straight forward fellas."

He looks you over again.

"I ain't about to hand the mantle over to just anyone." He says. "I do not know ye. And there's really only one way to get to know someone."

He gestures down into the ring.

"Famcy a brawl?" He asks.