The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

4 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

Getting up Forrest strides over twoards the two, his long travelers cloak shifting as he brings his arms out of it. Putting a large hand on each of there shoulders he grips onto both tightly as he towers over the both of them, "I think you two need to cool down a little" he says giving them both a frosty glare. "I would put him down if I where you youngling" he says harshly to the smaller rhino before turning to the ash. "Retract your little tooth pick, before I break it and you"

The Rhino releases him and retracts his helmet, he appears young, around eighteen. 

"I will not tolerate your blasphemy any longer." He says.

The Ashe steps back and raises his hands.

"All I am saying is that Veil may have started out as Rell's assistants, but there is no way to know the majority still serve his will." He says. "They are human and thus capable of error."

Closer inspection reveals a Hexis sigil on the Ash's chest, and a Veil sigil on the Rhino's. 

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Rhino releases him and retracts his helmet, he appears young, around eighteen. 

"I will not tolerate your blasphemy any longer." He says.

The Ashe steps back and raises his hands.

"All I am saying is that Veil may have started out as Rell's assistants, but there is no way to know the majority still serve his will." He says. "They are human and thus capable of error."

Closer inspection reveals a Hexis sigil on the Ash's chest, and a Veil sigil on the Rhino's. 

"You two can have your arguments at a later point in time, now come on" he says gesturing to where he was sitting, "where all ganna have some drinks and pretend to tolerate each other for the next couple hours." He says as he starts walking back to his seat to keep drinking his water.

Edited by 8009alpha

14 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"You two can have your arguments at a later point in time, now come on" he says gesturing to where he was sitting, "where all ganna have some drinks and pretend to tolerate each other for the next couple hours." He says as he starts walking back to his seat to keep drinking his water.

"I will not drink with this Blasphemer." The Rhino says, shrugging off your hand. "And I suggest you learn to mind your own business, stranger."

He turns and storms out of the bar.

The Nova raises her hand as if to stop him, and then decides otherwise.

The Ash follows you to the bar, while the Zephyr floats around between tables in a figure eight pattern.

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I will not drink with this Blasphemer." The Rhino says, shrugging off your hand. "And I suggest you learn to mind your own business, stranger."

He turns and storms out of the bar.

The Nova raises her hand as if to stop him, and then decides otherwise.

The Ash follows you to the bar, while the Zephyr floats around between tables in a figure eight pattern.

"Always an interesting timing dealing with those from the veil" he mumbles to himself as he sits back down grabbing his drink and taking a swig before turning to the ash, "so now that that's been resolved in a way, what's got you and sir stick up the up going at each other?"

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"One of our number, who delights in abiding by rules." Samuel says. "Guy probably shines the grandmasters shoes every weekend too. Skilled, but doesn't seem to have much ambition."

"Hope others have the ambition to make up for that." 

2 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Hope others have the ambition to make up for that." 

"It's not that he doesn't have any plans." Samuel starts to say.

"It is simply that I am willing to set them aside." A voice says from behind you. "You are supposed to be cataloging the new entries, Samuel." 

The speaker is a Nekros Prime clad individual, who radiates a calm sense of power.

"You are not a Keeper yet Gideon." Samuel retorts. "You don't get to give me orders."

"I will be when the Grandmaster returns." Gideon says. "Until then he has charged me with keeping order in his absence. I may not have the authority to discipline you, but Keeper Mira certainly does. Shall I fetch her, or will you complete the task you were assigned?"

Samuel seems to cower slightly.

"No need." He says sharply. "I will do as you command... Neophyte." 

He bows and disappears around the corner.

"Be careful around that one." Gideon says. "He has a habit of encouraging bad behavior."

3 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"Always an interesting timing dealing with those from the veil" he mumbles to himself as he sits back down grabbing his drink and taking a swig before turning to the ash, "so now that that's been resolved in a way, what's got you and sir stick up the up going at each other?"

"His idealism blinds him." The Ash says. "It gives him reason to judge me for what he deems failures."

His helmet collapses, revealing short, jet-black hair and a sharp, hawk-like, face.

"Seth's been a hothead ever since his uncle died." The Nova says, her helmet collapsing to reveal bubblegum pink hair. "Jas used to reign him in, but ever since Seth became a Tenno he acts like he's king of the world."

33 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It's not that he doesn't have any plans." Samuel starts to say.

"It is simply that I am willing to set them aside." A voice says from behind you. "You are supposed to be cataloging the new entries, Samuel." 

The speaker is a Nekros Prime clad individual, who radiates a calm sense of power.

"You are not a Keeper yet Gideon." Samuel retorts. "You don't get to give me orders."

"I will be when the Grandmaster returns." Gideon says. "Until then he has charged me with keeping order in his absence. I may not have the authority to discipline you, but Keeper Mira certainly does. Shall I fetch her, or will you complete the task you were assigned?"

Samuel seems to cower slightly.

"No need." He says sharply. "I will do as you command... Neophyte." 

He bows and disappears around the corner.

"Be careful around that one." Gideon says. "He has a habit of encouraging bad behavior."

"I've had a long history with acting on bad habits." Fell retorted as he looks after Samuel leave. He softly paces around the Nekros. Inspecting the frame for battle damage or anything of the like. "So you're Gideon?" 

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"His idealism blinds him." The Ash says. "It gives him reason to judge me for what he deems failures."

His helmet collapses, revealing short, jet-black hair and a sharp, hawk-like, face.

"Seth's been a hothead ever since his uncle died." The Nova says, her helmet collapsing to reveal bubblegum pink hair. "Jas used to reign him in, but ever since Seth became a Tenno he acts like he's king of the world."

"Guess that's the first thing I'm going to have to deal with" he mumbles to himself. Passing his glass back to seven he leans back a little and lets out a satisfied groan when his back gives a fairly loud piping noise. "Ah but where are my manners. My names Forrest, just came in recently after my clan healer all but kicked me out of the dojo and forced me to take leave." He says looking at them with a crooked grin. 

1 hour ago, 8009alpha said:

"Guess that's the first thing I'm going to have to deal with" he mumbles to himself. Passing his glass back to seven he leans back a little and lets out a satisfied groan when his back gives a fairly loud piping noise. "Ah but where are my manners. My names Forrest, just came in recently after my clan healer all but kicked me out of the dojo and forced me to take leave." He says looking at them with a crooked grin. 

"I'm Tony." The Ash says. "Tenno Assasin, or at least I will be once the council decides to consider skill, instead of lumping me together with these newbies. No offense to you, Lucy."

The pink-haried girl nods. ]

"None taken, buddy." She says. 

"The human balloon over there is Maurice." Tony says. "Apparently she had some sort of handicap, until the void exposure cured her. Now she can't stop floating around long enough to actually learn anything."

As he mentions his name, several of the Tenno in the bar turn to glare at him, with barely concealed hatred.

Edited by Rakawan

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I'm Tony." The Ash says. "Tenno Assasin, or at least I will be once the council decides to consider skill, instead of lumping me together with these newbies. No offense to you, Lucy."

The pink-haried girl nods. ]

"None taken, buddy." She says. 

"The human balloon over there is Maurice." Tony says. "Apparently she had some sort of handicap, until the void exposure cured her. Now she can't stop floating around long enough to actually learn anything."

As he mentions his name, several of the Tenno in the bar turn to glare at him, with barely concealed hatred.

Looking around at the people glaring then shrugging to himself he turns back the two he's talking with. "Ever thought of using rope?" He ask gesturing to Maurice with a raised eyebrow.

3 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"I've had a long history with acting on bad habits." Fell retorted as he looks after Samuel leave. He softly paces around the Nekros. Inspecting the frame for battle damage or anything of the like. "So you're Gideon?" 

"I am." He says. "And you are?"

His frame appears devoid of any battle-marks. It seems as if it has never seen combat.

Edited by Rakawan

Looking around at the people glaring then shrugging to himself he turns back the two he's talking with. "Ever thought of using rope?" He ask gesturing to Maurice with a raised eyebrow.

"Not my problem." Tony says. "I have enough to deal with convincing the council to grant me the title I deserve. I don't have time to solve someone else's problems."

"Tell him about your dad." Lucy says. 

Tony's wrist blade slides out, slicing the glass he is reaching for in half. 

"He wouldn't believe me." He says. "And he doesn't need to know."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Not my problem." Tony says. "I have enough to deal with convincing the council to grant me the title I deserve. I don't have time to solve someone else's problems."

"Tell him about your dad." Lucy says. 

Tony's wrist blade slides out, slicing the glass he is reaching for in half. 

"He wouldn't believe me." He says. "And he doesn't need to know."

"Oh? Now you've got me curious, and try me, I've seen my fair share of the unbelieveable just a little while ago"

"Oh? Now you've got me curious, and try me, I've seen my fair share of the unbelieveable just a little while ago"

"My father is the Shadow, the Stalker." Tony says. "The guy who hunts people like you. Heaven knows how there's even enough of him left to procreate, given how long he says he's been around, but apparently he did it twice, before finding out all of you Tenno weren't actually dead, and abandoning us to run off and hunt you all down."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"My father is the Shadow, the Stalker." Tony says. "The guy who hunts people like you. Heaven knows how there's even enough of him left to procreate, given how long he says he's been around, but apparently he did it twice, before finding out all of you Tenno weren't actually dead, and abandoning us to run off and hunt you all down."

Forrest stares at him for a minute or two..... before just shrugging "not really expecting that not the strangest thing I've ever heard. Besides" he yawns a little before setting both arms on the bar counter " I tend to not really give a dam about stuff like that"

Forrest stares at him for a minute or two..... before just shrugging "not really expecting that not the strangest thing I've ever heard. Besides" he yawns a little before setting both arms on the bar counter " I tend to not really give a dam about stuff like that"

"Well you're a better man than Seth is." Tony says. "Because every since he found a shred of proof, he's been preaching it like the gospel." 

"Tell him about..." Lucy starts.

"Lucy, let it go." Tony says. "He doesn't need to know, and I don't want to talk about it."

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Well you're a better man than Seth is." Tony says. "Because every since he found a shred of proof, he's been preaching it like the gospel." 

"Tell him about..." Lucy starts.

"Lucy, let it go." Tony says. "He doesn't need to know, and I don't want to talk about it."

"I won't pry lad" he says " we all have things that are uncomfortable to talk about with others, especially with people you've just met" he say with an understanding smile before it turns a bit devious "though I can help but notice the little lassie over her know quite a bit about you, something going on between you two?" He says wiggling his eyebrow suggestively.

"I won't pry lad" he says " we all have things that are uncomfortable to talk about with others, especially with people you've just met" he say with an understanding smile before it turns a bit devious "though I can help but notice the little lassie over her know quite a bit about you, something going on between you two?" He says wiggling his eyebrow suggestively.

"Everyone knows quite a bit about me, and I'm not dating any of them." Tony says. "So make of that what you will."

"I require a lot of energy to keep up with." Lucy says. "In fact I haven't slept in the last three days."

"The scary part isn't that she controls anti-matter." Tony says. "The scary part is that she's telling the truth."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Everyone knows quite a bit about me, and I'm not dating any of them." Tony says. "So make of that what you will."

"I require a lot of energy to keep up with." Lucy says. "In fact I haven't slept in the last three days."

"The scary part isn't that she controls anti-matter." Tony says. "The scary part is that she's telling the truth."

He looks at her before giving a slight shiver, as if remembering something traumatic in the past, he starts mumbling to help himself rapidly as he looks twoards the counter with a million mile stare. 

Small parts like "just wouldn't stop" and "so many times" are all that can be picked out of the incoherent mumbles.

He looks at her before giving a slight shiver, as if remembering something traumatic in the past, he starts mumbling to help himself rapidly as he looks twoards the counter with a million mile stare. 

Small parts like "just wouldn't stop" and "so many times" are all that can be picked out of the incoherent mumbles.

There is the sudden, unmistakable sound of a Hek roaring next to your ear.

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I am." He says. "And you are?"

His frame appears devoid of any battle-marks. It seems as if it has never seen combat.

"The name is Fell, pleasure to meet you." He replies. No traces of combat. So either he hasn't seen combat or the frme was recently taken in use.

6 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"The name is Fell, pleasure to meet you." He replies. No traces of combat. So either he hasn't seen combat or the frme was recently taken in use.

"We shall see." Gideon says, checking his HUD. "Enjoy the Archives  visitor."

He turns and walks away.

The only sound in the library is Samuel mumbling angrily as he slides books onto the shelf, re-arranging them.