Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

12 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"Would probably have to go for the second option then" he says, shifting his cloak slightly to show a steel meridian defender sigil, glowing a dull orange. "If you could point me to a place I could stay for the night, I would be grateful. I intend to visit the healers tomorrow and then see what I can do about buying up some land."

"Well there is the new luxury hotel." Seven says. "Good service, and pretty cheap. Entrance is two doors down."

Tirion is snoring. After a second his helmet begins to beep. He bolts up, letting out a void charged roar. You feel your mind sharpen and your focus increase as the wave hits you.

37 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Because I did not wear this form before." The wolf says, in a rumbling voice.

"Master Gallik!" Samuel says. "I..."

"Focus on completing your task young one." The wolf says. "Beceause if you drop one more book on me..."

Fell paced around the wolf, as he always did when he saw something he considered mildly interesting. He couldn't help but smile at the silly threat this Mater Gallik made. "You've picked an interesting form, Gallik. It certainly looks impressive." Fell hums as he holds one paw above the creature's ethereal fur. Not planning to touch it, but simply curious to how the energy coming from it feels. 

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

There is no response.

-----

Marco titled his head.

"Don't." Tak ordered.

"Why this of all things?" Marco demanded." You know full well how many of us nearly died during this step."

"Ge must let go of what holds every mortal being back." Tak said.

"You are asking him ignore he same is tocnt that tells us not to jump off a cliff." Marco says. "It exists for a reason. Even if he gets past that, he could still die."

"Then I will bring him back." Tak said. "Much has changed since you cut off contact."

Marco was silent.

"Hmm," said Richard again as he turned to look closely at Tak.  This was easy for the latter, so perhaps there was something to be learned from studying his position...

Wait a minute.  There wasn't a thread, golden or otherwise, anywhere near Tak.  Richard made a face.

Spoiler

Image result for futurama fry meme

Perhaps it was time to exercise his more cavalier nature.

Edited by Yzjdriel

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Well there is the new luxury hotel." Seven says. "Good service, and pretty cheap. Entrance is two doors down."

Tirion is snoring. After a second his helmet begins to beep. He bolts up, letting out a void charged roar. You feel your mind sharpen and your focus increase as the wave hits you.

He turns twoards tirion with a raised eyebrow. "Ahh and sleeping beauty awakens" he says with the barest hint of sarcasm. " I'll take your advice on that" he says as he gets up and retrieves his weapons, storing them back under is cloak but leavening his helmet down he starts heading for the door, with a hand raised over his shoulder. "Nice meeting ya seven." He calls out as he walks out the door and heads to the new hotel.

On 9/9/2017 at 3:08 PM, Rakawan said:

-----

Information Report: Ryoko Tanis

Titles: Frostblade, Knight of the Frozen Wastes, Lord of the Reliquary, Founder of the Keepers, Master of Nalakesh the Void Devourer, Arbiter of Miraalan.

An Elder Tenno responsible for the founding of the Phenix Colony, Ryoko Tanis seems to delight in involving himself in any venture that could further his own personal power. He created the Archon power suits, and assisted in the development of the Manticore suits. He is responsible for the recruitment of the Dex Enclave into the ranks of the colony, as well as the formation of the Ascendance project. While initial assessments indicate he is attempting to build an army, recent events have seen him turn over control of these forces to other individuals. While his motives for such are suspect, he seems intent on strengthening the human portion of the resistance. 

Of particular note among his possessions are the Obelisks, objects created to hold vast amounts of void energy. These were originally used to aid Tenno in keeping their powers in check when visiting the colony. This also allowed the Obelisks to gather immense amounts of void energy. The intended use behind these devices is unknown. 

In addition to the Obelisks the Arbiter has shown skill crafting items from prismarite crystals. Attempts by our operatives to mirror this have ended poorly. To date there is not example of him crafting a weapon from such. However legends surrounding him from the Orokin age hint that such an action did take place. The result was known as Nalakesh, the Void Devourer. The legends are vague, as all legends are, but suggest that such a weapon was capable of absorbing void energy, making it exceptionally useful against other Tenno. There is no indication of such an confrontation, but Tenno operatives shadowing the Arbiter are advised to exercise caution. He has demonstrated exceptional skills in all forms of combat. This, paired with Nalakesh, should he still possess it, makes any confrontation with less than a full squadron of Tenno ill-advised. Confrontation by Operatives is considered a class-A suicidal endeavor.

The Arbiter is the founder of the Keepers, and has demonstrated their advanced capacity for void manipulation, however the title was recently passed on to a Tenno known as Tak. Rumors indicate he intends to, or has, left the group. 

While initially hostile to Veil, he has since aided in several efforts. While he has earned the right to contribute to our cause, caution is advised when dealing with him. He is known to hold a dim view on the extremes we must sometimes resort to, and his recent abandonment of Hexis indicates that he view his alliances as nothing but a means to an end. 

-----

The report continues on with several, increasingly difficult to believe rumors of exploits, but contains no other verifiable data. 

"I suppose I should find someone who would know of Ryoko. Perhaps Tak will know" he mutters under his breath. He closes the tablet and sets it down before he walks back to the teleport pad. 

On 9/15/2017 at 11:16 AM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"I suppose I should find someone who would know of Ryoko. Perhaps Tak will know" he mutters under his breath. He closes the tablet and sets it down before he walks back to the teleport pad. 

As you exit the teleporter you find yourself staring down the shaft of two Rakta Cernos arrows. A voice rings out and they lower.

"Remember where we are, operatives." A woman says. "The Grandmaster does not approve of violence, here."

A red and black Equinox with a Veil sigil on her chest is watching you, a hand on each of the operatives shoulders, as they lower their weapons. 

"Stabilis is it?" She asks. "I am Keeper Mira. I have some questions for you."

On 9/14/2017 at 8:40 PM, 8009alpha said:

He turns twoards tirion with a raised eyebrow. "Ahh and sleeping beauty awakens" he says with the barest hint of sarcasm. " I'll take your advice on that" he says as he gets up and retrieves his weapons, storing them back under is cloak but leavening his helmet down he starts heading for the door, with a hand raised over his shoulder. "Nice meeting ya seven." He calls out as he walks out the door and heads to the new hotel.

The hotel is reminiscent of an Orokin tower lobby, sharing the same style as the rest of the buildings. The clerk is a sharply dressed young man, who smiles politely as you approach. However there is something slightly off about him, rather than comforting. 

"Ahh how might we serve you, brother Tenno." He says. "I assure you the rates here are more than fair, despite the appearance."

On 9/14/2017 at 1:46 PM, Yzjdriel said:

"Hmm," said Richard again as he turned to look closely at Tak.  This was easy for the latter, so perhaps there was something to be learned from studying his position...

Wait a minute.  There wasn't a thread, golden or otherwise, anywhere near Tak.  Richard made a face.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for futurama fry meme

Perhaps it was time to exercise his more cavalier nature.

*GM adjusts folder to block view of spoilers.*

There is indeed no thread near Tak. Additionally you can feel your own heartbeat, still vibrant, and the rhythm of your lungs across the thread that links you to your form. They seem to echo across it to you, rather than emanating from it, or you. 

On 9/14/2017 at 12:08 PM, kyrozon said:

Fell paced around the wolf, as he always did when he saw something he considered mildly interesting. He couldn't help but smile at the silly threat this Mater Gallik made. "You've picked an interesting form, Gallik. It certainly looks impressive." Fell hums as he holds one paw above the creature's ethereal fur. Not planning to touch it, but simply curious to how the energy coming from it feels. 

Surprisingly there is no void energy coming from the shade. Or rather not what one would expect from a Tenno shade. It seems to manifest only the energy necessary to maintain an ethereal form. If the other shades are candles, then this one is an LED, producing light, but almost no heat. 

"I am no Tenno." He says. "There are more options available to me, like this nifty trick."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The hotel is reminiscent of an Orokin tower lobby, sharing the same style as the rest of the buildings. The clerk is a sharply dressed young man, who smiles politely as you approach. However there is something slightly off about him, rather than comforting. 

"Ahh how might we serve you, brother Tenno." He says. "I assure you the rates here are more than fair, despite the appearance."

Taking a note of the man and filling it away for latter, he gives a pleasant smile. "Just looking for a small room for the night is all" he says while mentally noting anything even slightly out of the ordinary about him.

10 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Surprisingly there is no void energy coming from the shade. Or rather not what one would expect from a Tenno shade. It seems to manifest only the energy necessary to maintain an ethereal form. If the other shades are candles, then this one is an LED, producing light, but almost no heat. 

"I am no Tenno." He says. "There are more options available to me, like this nifty trick."

"What are you then?" Fell inquired as he took a look at the ethereal's eyes. He always had the idea that the eyes were something that could tell you something about who they belonged. Than again in past experiences that was with normal humans instead of an ethereal void ghost thing.

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

As you exit the teleporter you find yourself staring down the shaft of two Rakta Cernos arrows. A voice rings out and they lower.

"Remember where we are, operatives." A woman says. "The Grandmaster does not approve of violence, here."

A red and black Equinox with a Veil sigil on her chest is watching you, a hand on each of the operatives shoulders, as they lower their weapons. 

"Stabilis is it?" She asks. "I am Keeper Mira. I have some questions for you."

"And what might they be?" He says as he continues to walk, slowing his pace and gesturing for Mira to follow. 

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"And what might they be?" He says as he continues to walk, slowing his pace and gesturing for Mira to follow. 

A circle of light appears below you, and the moment your feet leave it, light flares, depositing you back inside. Mira does not seem to react, as if she expected that.

"Someone just decrypted several of our secure files, and records show you just accessed them." She says. "In fact it seems you knew exactly which files to access. So you can see what our concerns may be."

17 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"What are you then?" Fell inquired as he took a look at the ethereal's eyes. He always had the idea that the eyes were something that could tell you something about who they belonged. Than again in past experiences that was with normal humans instead of an ethereal void ghost thing.

"A human who was in the wrong place at the right time." Gallik says. 

The wolf's eyes are surprisingly human. He shakes himself, rising to his feet. As he does so, his form shifts from that of a wolf, to that of a man clad in a thick robe.

Samuel crashes to the ground, no longer able to support himself without Gallik beneath him.

On 9/18/2017 at 6:24 PM, 8009alpha said:

Taking a note of the man and filling it away for latter, he gives a pleasant smile. "Just looking for a small room for the night is all" he says while mentally noting anything even slightly out of the ordinary about him.

There is nothing especially noteworthy about him. His skin is the same shade as the average citizen, his clothing is worn, but clean. The only thing out of place are his eyes, which sweep the room leisurely, but with a focused expression. It seems he is carefully observing everything around him. 

"Of course." He says. "We have one available. Ten thousand credits per night."

Just now, Rakawan said:

There is nothing especially noteworthy about him. His skin is the same shade as the average citizen, his clothing is worn, but clean. The only thing out of place are his eyes, which sweep the room leisurely, but with a focused expression. It seems he is carefully observing everything around him. 

"Of course." He says. "We have one available. Ten thousand credits per night."

"Eh reasonable enough" he says, handing over the necessary credits.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

A circle of light appears below you, and the moment your feet leave it, light flares, depositing you back inside. Mira does not seem to react, as if she expected that.

"Someone just decrypted several of our secure files, and records show you just accessed them." She says. "In fact it seems you knew exactly which files to access. So you can see what our concerns may be."

Stabilis sighs, the sound barely audible.  "I did not hack into your system.  Someone else, or something else did so, though I did happen to read the files on the Arbiter of Miraan and the obelisk.  And I do not trust either, and was about to go searching for answers elsewhere, hopefully finding a solid conclusion as to what to make of that obelisk."  He looks down at Mira, his helmet retracting so he can look at her with no barrier.  

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"A human who was in the wrong place at the right time." Gallik says. 

The wolf's eyes are surprisingly human. He shakes himself, rising to his feet. As he does so, his form shifts from that of a wolf, to that of a man clad in a thick robe.

Samuel crashes to the ground, no longer able to support himself without Gallik beneath him.

Fell took a step back as Gallik transformed. Somewhat awestruck until he hears Samuel crash onto the ground. He stepped towards Samuel and extended a hand to him to help him up. "You alright there?"

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis sighs, the sound barely audible.  "I did not hack into your system.  Someone else, or something else did so, though I did happen to read the files on the Arbiter of Miraan and the obelisk.  And I do not trust either, and was about to go searching for answers elsewhere, hopefully finding a solid conclusion as to what to make of that obelisk."  He looks down at Mira, his helmet retracting so he can look at her with no barrier.  

"My eyes are over here." Mira's voice says behind you. 

A blonde young woman in a white robe is leaning against the wall, twirling a Rakta Datk Dagger between her fingers. 

"I never accused you of decrypting them." She says. "If I believed that this conversation would have started in a very different manner."

The warframe before you looks up. The voice from within matches that of the woman behind you.

"The obelisk I can understand." She says. "But if you want to know more about the Arbiter you don't need to read encrypted reports, you could just ask him. He volunteered the information in his file."

10 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Fell took a step back as Gallik transformed. Somewhat awestruck until he hears Samuel crash onto the ground. He stepped towards Samuel and extended a hand to him to help him up. "You alright there?"

Samuel waves your hand away, irritated.

"You should take more care when choosing your perch." Gal remarks, a twinkle in his eye. "A ladder would be less likely to get up and walk away."

Edited by Rakawan

14 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"Eh reasonable enough" he says, handing over the necessary credits.

A bellboy hands you a card and leads you to your room. Along the way you see a massage parlor, a pool, and an exercise room. You also see a room where a representative of the Perrin Sequence idarguing, rather emphatically, with a calm representative from Hexis. The information on the board seems to indicate a disputed over digsites.

Your room features a large bed, fully outfitted bathroom and shower, and a massage chair. There is a projector in the center of the room, and a data-pad on the table in the corner. It is quite large, and the entrances seem to feature a bit more security measures than would be necessary.

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"My eyes are over here." Mira's voice says behind you. 

A blonde young woman in a white robe is leaning against the wall, twirling a Rakta Datk Dagger between her fingers. 

"I never accused you of decrypting them." She says. "If I believed that this conversation would have started in a very different manner."

The warframe before you looks up. The voice from within matches that of the woman behind you.

"The obelisk I can understand." She says. "But if you want to know more about the Arbiter you don't need to read encrypted reports, you could just ask him. He volunteered the information in his file."

"Your explanation only brings more questions. But regardless of that, I do not know where he is, and how much he will lie to me." He faces Mira, still keeping an awareness of the warframe.  He gesture's down at the ring of light, slightly raising his eyebrows as he does so. "Afraid I'll run away from you?"

On 9/18/2017 at 6:21 PM, Rakawan said:

*GM adjusts folder to block view of spoilers.*

There is indeed no thread near Tak. Additionally you can feel your own heartbeat, still vibrant, and the rhythm of your lungs across the thread that links you to your form. They seem to echo across it to you, rather than emanating from it, or you. 

((kek))

Welp.  If this was a stupid idea, he would soon find out.  Richard strode toward the front of the ship, completely disregarding the thread's existence.

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

((kek))

Welp.  If this was a stupid idea, he would soon find out.  Richard strode toward the front of the ship, completely disregarding the thread's existence.

The thread snaps with an almost imperceptible snick.

You suddenly feel a lack of heartbeat. For that matter you cannot feel any of the rhythms you have gotten used to as a living being. There is no rush of air into lungs, no flow of blood; however you do not immediately pass on to whatever afterlife exists, which seems to imply the action is not fatal.

Tak's ethereal form is clapping as you "walk" through the door leading to the bridge. 

"I guess I owe you a drink." Marco says. "He actually did it."

His ethereal form has a peg-leg, and pirate hat. 

"Well I suppose that means we have our heading." He says. "Where are we headed lad?"

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"Your explanation only brings more questions. But regardless of that, I do not know where he is, and how much he will lie to me." He faces Mira, still keeping an awareness of the warframe.  He gesture's down at the ring of light, slightly raising his eyebrows as he does so. "Afraid I'll run away from you?"

"Tempted to do so?" She replies. "The Arbiter is on Lua, and is currently occupied. He may not tell you everything, but he is not given to deception when he chooses to speak."