The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

10 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"Gaaahhhhh NO MORE COFFE ON LOW SHELVES !!!"    He shouts out before starting to breath heavily.

"There we go." Seven says. "No coffee here. That's next door."

The Nova perks up.

"Ans they're closed right aaaabbbbooooouuuuttttt now!" Seven says, checking his watch. "So no coffee for anyone."

The Nova begins sobbing softly for a minute, then the sobs turn to snores. The Ash stands up. 

"I better make sure she gets back to the Monastary." He says. "Have a good evening, Forrest. Come along, Maurice."

The Zephyr who has been floating in set patterns seem to shake herself awake and turns to float after the Ash, who is cradling the Nova in his arms.

On 9/8/2017 at 1:34 PM, Yzjdriel said:

"I don't think Tak's aesthetic is dreary per se," said Richard with a laugh, "but compared to yours I can see why you'd say that."  He gestured to the crew.  "Rather a ragtag bunch you've got here, Marco."

On 9/8/2017 at 1:44 PM, Rakawan said:

((Well I can admit when I've done bad spelling.))

"I think you mean ready." Tak says. "I do formal, not dreary."

"The Corpus ones joined up for treasure." Marco says. "The Grineer ones too. Though in there case it was because they stole treasure, not so they could do it in the first place. And the Corrupted, well let's just say I run a tight ship and like an empty brig."

He ambles off, and you notice one of the legs of his warframe moves rather stiffly, as of the limb below cannot flex normally below the knee.

The room has a star chart, and the walls are lined with every type of Prime weapon, and a few multiples.

"Here." Tak says, handing you a Barton Prime with orange lights. "What can you tell me about the owner?"

The weapon is unusually warm to the touch. The barrel and casing seem to be modified for increased heat protection. The rounds in the chamber appear to be incendiary.

The casing appears to be somewhat worn, like desert rock.

*Boop*

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

*Boop*

((Dreary also fit, so I assumed it had been what you meant.))

Richard turned the Braton Prime over in his hands.  "Powerful Ember Manifest from the owner of this one - it would combo better with the ability to manipulate fire rather than the ability to create it, especially at longer ranges.  I assume we're looking for them first?"

7 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

((Dreary also fit, so I assumed it had been what you meant.))

Richard turned the Braton Prime over in his hands.  "Powerful Ember Manifest from the owner of this one - it would combo better with the ability to manipulate fire rather than the ability to create it, especially at longer ranges.  I assume we're looking for them first?"

"Look deeper." He says. "What else."

{Use your void senses to examine the object}

or

{Make bird noises and toss salvage on the desk}.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Look deeper." He says. "What else."

{Use your void senses to examine the object}

or

{Make bird noises and toss salvage on the desk}.

"Sorry.  Not used to this yet."

Richard reached out to sense the object for traces or afterimages while his Trinity scanned it for genetic material.

23 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Sorry.  Not used to this yet."

Richard reached out to sense the object for traces or afterimages while his Trinity scanned it for genetic material.

A dark colored Boltor Prime on the wal pulses in time with the lights on the Braton.

You can detect small traces of genetic material on the handle and the barrel.

Just now, Rakawan said:

A dark colored Boltor Prime on the wal pulses in time with the lights on the Braton.

You can detect small traces of genetic material on the handle and the barrel.

Richard pointed out the Boltor Prime.  "That Boltor appears to be related to this Braton."

Producing a swab, he removed the material from the handle and placed it in a sterile box.  "How well-equipped is your medbay?" he asked Marco.

16 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard pointed out the Boltor Prime.  "That Boltor appears to be related to this Braton."

Producing a swab, he removed the material from the handle and placed it in a sterile box.  "How well-equipped is your medbay?" he asked Marco.

Marco is no longer in view and thus unable to hear you.

Tsk hands you the Boltor and you suddenly hear three sounds. One is the crackle of flame, another is the click of a gieger counter, and the third is the sound of wind whistling through a rock formation. You can feel phantom sand rush over your feet, and arid air fill your lungs. 

The trance ends, the strained using these senses getting the better of you. When you open your eyes you feel crust in the corners and your throats feels parched.

"Very good." Tak says. "I believe we should have enough for a heading."

Edited by Rakawan

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"There we go." Seven says. "No coffee here. That's next door."

The Nova perks up.

"Ans they're closed right aaaabbbbooooouuuuttttt now!" Seven says, checking his watch. "So no coffee for anyone."

The Nova begins sobbing softly for a minute, then the sobs turn to snores. The Ash stands up. 

"I better make sure she gets back to the Monastary." He says. "Have a good evening, Forrest. Come along, Maurice."

The Zephyr who has been floating in set patterns seem to shake herself awake and turns to float after the Ash, who is cradling the Nova in his arms.

"There an amusing group of kids" Forrest says to himself after a minute of recollecting himself. "Thanks for that by the way" he says, turning back to seven. "Went back to a dark place for a moment there."

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"We shall see." Gideon says, checking his HUD. "Enjoy the Archives  visitor."

He turns and walks away.

The only sound in the library is Samuel mumbling angrily as he slides books onto the shelf, re-arranging them.

Fell cocked his head slightly as Gideon walked away. He wasn't sure if he liked the guy, alas he decided to move on towards Samuel. "Say got any books about the Shadow?"

20 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Fell cocked his head slightly as Gideon walked away. He wasn't sure if he liked the guy, alas he decided to move on towards Samuel. "Say got any books about the Shadow?"

"Unfortunately no." He says. "Only books written by shades are catalogued here."

22 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"There an amusing group of kids" Forrest says to himself after a minute of recollecting himself. "Thanks for that by the way" he says, turning back to seven. "Went back to a dark place for a moment there."

Seven is holding a noisemaker.

"No problem." He says. "But those kids left you with their tab."

From the receipt he slides you it appears the Nova consumed great quantities of sugary soda whenever your back was turned. The Ash consumed two malt sodas, and the Zephyr a sampling of other people's drinks.

23 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Marco is no longer in view and thus unable to hear you.

Tak hands you the Boltor and you suddenly hear three sounds. One is the crackle of flame, another is the click of a gieger counter, and the third is the sound of wind whistling through a rock formation. You can feel phantom sand rush over your feet, and arid air fill your lungs. 

The trance ends, the strained use of these senses getting the better of you. When you open your eyes you feel crust in the corners and your throats feels parched.

"Very good." Tak says. "I believe we should have enough for a heading."

"If I'm not mistaken, we're going to Mars."  He handed the weapons back to Tak.

23 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"If I'm not mistaken, we're going to Mars."  He handed the weapons back to Tak.

"Good." Tak says. "Now go tell Marco."

He gestures and the door locks.

"Without physically leaving this room." He says. "And without using your comms."

He moves to a pad on the floor and assumes a lotus position. You can see what appears to be mist lift from his shoulders briefly and then his frame goes dark. His lifesigns sink to those of someone in a deep coma. It seems you are meant to solve this puzzzle on you're own. 

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Seven is holding a noisemaker.

"No problem." He says. "But those kids left you with their tab."

From the receipt he slides you it appears the Nova consumed great quantities of sugary soda whenever your back was turned. The Ash consumed two malt sodas, and the Zephyr a sampling of other people's drinks.

He stares at it for a moment, before putting down the required number of credits " those clever littte.., hats off to them, sneaky little buggers." He grumbles out loud. He sighs and deflates I. His chair a little, before looking back to seven. "So, back to what I asked earlier, are there any places to rent or buy near the woods? Cause I already know I'll be coming back here as much as possible."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Good." Tak says. "Now go tell Marco."

He gestures and the door locks.

"Without physically leaving this room." He says. "And without using your comms."

He moves to a pad on the floor and assumes a lotus position. You can see what appears to be mist lift from his shoulders briefly and then his frame goes dark. His lifesigns sink to those of someone in a deep coma. It seems you are meant to solve this puzzzle on you're own. 

Richard knelt, willing his mind to become as calm as his body, and reached out with his senses.  Marco would most likely be near the front of the ship, so he would send his mind that way first.

15 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard knelt, willing his mind to become as calm as his body, and reached out with his senses.  Marco would most likely be near the front of the ship, so he would send his mind that way first.

You do indeed sense a powerful presence at the front of the ship. However as you attempt to move beyond the room towards it you feel something draw taut. A thin golden thread connects your ethereal form to your body.

Edited by Rakawan

20 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

He stares at it for a moment, before putting down the required number of credits " those clever littte.., hats off to them, sneaky little buggers." He grumbles out loud. He sighs and deflates I. His chair a little, before looking back to seven. "So, back to what I asked earlier, are there any places to rent or buy near the woods? Cause I already know I'll be coming back here as much as possible."

"Loka might have something by their farms, if you are on good terms." He says. "If not you could just buy a plot near the woods and build one."

7 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"That's a shame." Fell hummed as he looked at the books Samuel was sorting out. 

You do not recognize any of the titles. You do however, suddenly notice a massive, sleeping, ethereal wolf which Samuel is using as a footstool. It is easily the size of a normal Rhino and snorts as one of the books falls on it.

Edited by Rakawan

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You do indeed sense a powerful presence at the front of the ship. However as you attempt to move beyond the room towards it you feel something draw taut. A thin golden thread connects your ethereal form to your body.

"Hmm."

Any thread could be made longer by stretching it, but something told him that to do so with this one would be a bad idea.

Instead, he tried something else.  "Marco," he said, willing his voice to carry.  Perhaps from this perception of reality the lack of other persons would let it travel farther.

12 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Loka might have something by their farms, if you are on good terms." He says. "If not you could just buy a plot near the woods and build one."

"Would probably have to go for the second option then" he says, shifting his cloak slightly to show a steel meridian defender sigil, glowing a dull orange. "If you could point me to a place I could stay for the night, I would be grateful. I intend to visit the healers tomorrow and then see what I can do about buying up some land."

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You do not recognize any of the titles. You do however, suddenly notice a massive, sleeping, ethereal wolf which Samuel is using as a footstool. It is easily the size of a normal Rhino and snorts as one of the books falls on it.

Fell picks up the fallen book and holds it up to Samuel. His eyes still locked on the canine creature. "... Okay how have I not noticed this earlier." 

21 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Hmm."

Any thread could be made longer by stretching it, but something told him that to do so with this one would be a bad idea.

Instead, he tried something else.  "Marco," he said, willing his voice to carry.  Perhaps from this perception of reality the lack of other persons would let it travel farther.

There is no response.

-----

Marco titled his head.

"Don't." Tak ordered.

"Why this of all things?" Marco demanded." You know full well how many of us nearly died during this step."

"Ge must let go of what holds every mortal being back." Tak said.

"You are asking him ignore he same is tocnt that tells us not to jump off a cliff." Marco says. "It exists for a reason. Even if he gets past that, he could still die."

"Then I will bring him back." Tak said. "Much has changed since you cut off contact."

Marco was silent.

9 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Fell picks up the fallen book and holds it up to Samuel. His eyes still locked on the canine creature. "... Okay how have I not noticed this earlier." 

"Because I did not wear this form before." The wolf says, in a rumbling voice.

"Master Gallik!" Samuel says. "I..."

"Focus on completing your task young one." The wolf says. "Beceause if you drop one more book on me..."