The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

20 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“I have an idea.” Odrah closed his eyes and sat down on the wall. Moment’s later, a Nyx prime walked into the room.

5 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"A Nyx? Always such a joy to work with." Fell says somewhat bitterly.

“Don’t know how that will help.” Dixon says. “Only handful of Nyxes can actually reach into people’s mind. And that takes decades of practice. This fellow seems to be more of a jack of all trades, I doubt he’s focused solely on Nyx.”

”He may not be able to control him but he can make the fellow see him as a friend.” Sierra says. “That may be enough.”

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“Don’t know how that will help.” Dixon says. “Only handful of Nyxes can actually reach into people’s mind. And that takes decades of practice. This fellow seems to be more of a jack of all trades, I doubt he’s focused solely on Nyx.”

”He may not be able to control him but he can make the fellow see him as a friend.” Sierra says. “That may be enough.”

Odrah entered the room and sat himself down in front of the suspect. Even he was completely unsure if this would work.

He hardly ever piloted Nyx because he absolutely hated its acute senses. While he was in the frame, he was able to hear conscious thoughts. He had to do some digging and find a vulnerability if he wanted to find even the most recent of memories.

”Hello,” Odrah said. His tone was calm and soothing. “I’m sure you know who I am and what I can do?” He listened to his voice and his mind.

1 hour ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah entered the room and sat himself down in front of the suspect. Even he was completely unsure if this would work.

He hardly ever piloted Nyx because he absolutely hated its acute senses. While he was in the frame, he was able to hear conscious thoughts. He had to do some digging and find a vulnerability if he wanted to find even the most recent of memories.

”Hello,” Odrah said. His tone was calm and soothing. “I’m sure you know who I am and what I can do?” He listened to his voice and his mind.

You sense no surface thoughts from the man. His mouth opens, and you hear the last words any Tenno wants to hear.

”Hey Kiddo.” A disembodied voice says, echoing from the man’s mouth. “It’s been a while.”

43 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You sense no surface thoughts from the man. His mouth opens, and you hear the last words any Tenno wants to hear.

”Hey Kiddo.” A disembodied voice says, echoing from the man’s mouth. “It’s been a while.”

Odrah was surprised to say the least. “I’m sorry, do I know you?” He asked. He maintained his composure, but there was a slight touch of fear in his voice.

Just now, ljmadruga said:

Odrah was surprised to say the least. “I’m sorry, do I know you?” He asked. He maintained his composure, but there was a slight touch of fear in his voice.

“Has it been that long?” The voice asks. The man leans back, but his movements are floppy, like a puppet with loose strings. “I am the Lidless Eye, The Man in the Wall. You, you may call me the Indifference.”

The man’s eyes roll around in their sockets aimlessly, like jostled marbles.

”You want to know where to find the children, no?” It asks. “I can tell you, but not for free. You may want to hurry though, this body is so very fragile, and I have not the strength to find another vessel if time runs out.”

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Has it been that long?” The voice asks. The man leans back, but his movements are floppy, like a puppet with loose strings. “I am the Lidless Eye, The Man in the Wall. You, you may call me the Indifference.”

The man’s eyes roll around in their sockets aimlessly, like jostled marbles.

”You want to know where to find the children, no?” It asks. “I can tell you, but not for free. You may want to hurry though, this body is so very fragile, and I have not the strength to find another vessel if time runs out.”

“Name your price,” Odrah said. Any hint of where to find the other children as well as their captors was worth the universe in Odrah’s eyes.

2 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Name your price,” Odrah said. Any hint of where to find the other children as well as their captors was worth the universe in Odrah’s eyes.

“You have been to the monastay of the ways, yes?” It says. “You have memories of that place. Give them to me, and I will tell you what you wish to know.”

You feel a tendril of thought pushing at the barriers of your mind.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“You have been to the monastay of the ways, yes?” It says. “You have memories of that place. Give them to me, and I will tell you what you wish to know.”

You feel a tendril of thought pushing at the barriers of your mind.

The Monastery. Odrah’s memory of the place was foggy at best considering what he had been through thus far. The only memories that were clear in his head of the monastery were that of Rell invading his mind and Mira. He was actually taken back at his predicament. He carefully considered his sacrifice.

He rested his head in his hands, and his frame relaxed for but a moment. He got up again and resumed his posture.

Finally, he reached a decision.

”Take them” Odrah said. “Show me where they are.”

1 minute ago, ljmadruga said:

The Monastery. Odrah’s memory of the place was foggy at best considering what he had been through thus far. The only memories that were clear in his head of the monastery were that of Rell invading his mind and Mira. He was actually taken back at his predicament. He carefully considered his sacrifice.

He rested his head in his hands, and his frame relaxed for but a moment. He got up again and resumed his posture.

Finally, he reached a decision.

”Take them” Odrah said. “Show me where they are.”

The tendril burrows into the memories, growing fat like a leech gorged on blood. It is not a pleasant feeling.

”The man you want is on Pluto, at the Datrax Corporation Headquarters. Third floor, fifth office on the left. He has a Detron holstered under his desk by the decorative globe.” The Indufference says. “The black tiles in the roof house turrets. He will try to flee to the third hangar on the second floor, where his private shuttle is. If he reaches that you will not find him. Good luck, kiddo.”

The man spasms and collapses onto the table, dead.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The tendril burrows into the memories, growing fat like a leech gorged on blood. It is not a pleasant feeling.

”The man you want is on Pluto, at the Datrax Corporation Headquarters. Third floor, fifth office on the left. He has a Detron holstered under his desk by the decorative globe.” The Indufference says. “The black tiles in the roof house turrets. He will try to flee to the third hangar on the second floor, where his private shuttle is. If he reaches that you will not find him. Good luck, kiddo.”

The man spasms and collapses onto the table, dead.

Odrah walked out of the room, somewhat drained of his usual energy. He stumbled as he walked and leaned against the walls.

He transferred out of his warframe, catching it in his own hands. Dixon would be able to notice a fresh cut on his wrist that appeared to be a message, but it was illegible from a distance.

4 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah walked out of the room, somewhat drained of his usual energy. He stumbled as he walked and leaned against the walls.

He transferred out of his warframe, catching it in his own hands. Dixon would be able to notice a fresh cut on his wrist that appeared to be a message, but it was illegible from a distance.

Dixon steps forward, grabbing your wrist. 

“What did you give him?” He demands. There is no mirth or jest in his tone.

His other hand rests on his Lacera.

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon steps forward, grabbing your wrist. 

“What did you give him?” He demands. There is no mirth or jest in his tone.

His other hand rests on his Lacera.

On Odrah’s wrist is four words, hastily written with short cuts. They read “Save Mira Man Wall”.

Odrah looked up at Dixon with a confused stare. “Who are you?! Let go of me!”

6 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

On Odrah’s wrist is four words, hastily written with short cuts. They read “Save Mira Man Wall”.

Odrah looked up at Dixon with a confused stare. “Who are you?! Let go of me!”

Your taken memories begin to trickle back, but they feel pale and empty, as if drained of color and emotion. You remember everything, but it feels like you were drunk or tired when you did it.

Dixon releases your arm. 

“The Man in the Wall.” He says. “What did you give him.”

You vaguely remember the last few minutes.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Your taken memories begin to trickle back, but they feel pale and empty, as if drained of color and emotion. You remember everything, but it feels like you were drunk or tired when you did it.

Dixon releases your arm. 

“The Man in the Wall.” He says. “What did you give him.”

You vaguely remember the last few minutes.

“Ugggh, my head. Okay, I’m Odrah, you’re Dixon, we’re- okay.”

Odrah was trying to recover.

”I gave him a memory, specifically my memories of the monastery.”

13 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“Ugggh, my head. Okay, I’m Odrah, you’re Dixon, we’re- okay.”

Odrah was trying to recover.

”I gave him a memory, specifically my memories of the monastery.”

Dixon swears. 

“Well hopefully you got something worthwhile.” He says. “Because you may have just doomed us all.”

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon swears. 

“Well hopefully you got something worthwhile.” He says. “Because you may have just doomed us all.”

“I got the exact location of the man we need to find,” Odrah explained.

”We need to get to Pluto to take him down.”

16 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“I got the exact location of the man we need to find,” Odrah explained.

”We need to get to Pluto to take him down.”

“Pluto is kinda big.” Dixon says. “Do we at least know which facility?”

You begin to remember the details of the discussion with the void entity.

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Pluto is kinda big.” Dixon says. “Do we at least know which facility?”

You begin to remember the details of the discussion with the void entity.

“Datrax corporation headquarters. I have enough details to formulate a foolproof plan to make sure the man we’re after can’t escape and is completely helpless.”

Odrah massaged the wound on his wrist.

2 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“Datrax corporation headquarters. I have enough details to formulate a foolproof plan to make sure the man we’re after can’t escape and is completely helpless.”

Odrah massaged the wound on his wrist.

“We’re not going anywhere till you share those details.” Dixon says. “None times out of ten foolproof just means you haven’t accounted for failure.”

49 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“We’re not going anywhere till you share those details.” Dixon says. “None times out of ten foolproof just means you haven’t accounted for failure.”

“Fine then,” Odrah asserted.

“The plan is as follows:”

“Step one: Dixon, you’ll sneak into the third hangar on the second floor. I want you to place some ‘surprises’ underneath all of the shuttles you can find in there, prioritizing the nicest looking ones. They should only disable, not destroy. There may be some precious cargo onboard. Be ready to detonate them should the plan go south.”

”Step 2: Sierra and Fell? You guys will be in charge of cutting the power in any way you can on my command. This will be a LOT easier if I can go undetected for Step 3”

”Step 3: I’ll phase into the building to find and capture our target. So long as the backups don’t come back online, I should be able to evade the security systems.”

”Step 4: We bring the target back to my ship for questioning.”

19 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“Fine then,” Odrah asserted.

“The plan is as follows:”

“Step one: Dixon, you’ll sneak into the third hangar on the second floor. I want you to place some ‘surprises’ underneath all of the shuttles you can find in there, prioritizing the nicest looking ones. They should only disable, not destroy. There may be some precious cargo onboard. Be ready to detonate them should the plan go south.”

”Step 2: Sierra and Fell? You guys will be in charge of cutting the power in any way you can on my command. This will be a LOT easier if I can go undetected for Step 3”

”Step 3: I’ll phase into the building to find and capture our target. So long as the backups don’t come back online, I should be able to evade the security systems.”

”Step 4: We bring the target back to my ship for questioning.”

“Corpus have contingencies for power failure.” Dixon says. “You’d have three seconds before back-up systems kicked in and security went on high alert. Not to mention the the scrambus patrols that will interfere with your abilities.”

He pauses.

”I agree that we need to grab this individual.” He says. “But stealth is the better part of honor here.”

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Corpus have contingencies for power failure.” Dixon says. “You’d have three seconds before back-up systems kicked in and security went on high alert. Not to mention the the scrambus patrols that will interfere with your abilities.”

He pauses.

”I agree that we need to grab this individual.” He says. “But stealth is the better part of honor here.”

“Then what do you suggest?” Odrah asked, slightly annoyed.

On 2/13/2018 at 2:54 PM, Rakawan said:

Vanessa boards and takes her place on the bridge with Marcus and Felicity.

”Xane has gathered the others.” Tak says. “Marcus, set a course for Lua. The time has come.”

Richard moved to stand on the bridge also.  "This should be interesting."

21 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard moved to stand on the bridge also.  "This should be interesting."

The ship comes out of punch to reveal a devastated Grineer fleet. Fomorians fire desperately on shielded towers as heavy cannons thunder.

On the screen you see a cannon near the Reliquary fire, its beam tapering off after a short distance. 

“Hmm. Might want to get Simon on that.” Marcus says.

A moment later the Fomorian below you suddenly explodes, it’s core ruptured.