The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

He uploads coordinates.

”House on the street.” He says. “Neighborhood could use some cleaning up. Shouldn’t be much trouble for you though.”

"Ok. I'll take a look and be out there as quick as possible." He leaves and heads to the coordinates.

6 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

"Ok. I'll take a look and be out there as quick as possible." He leaves and heads to the coordinates.

The coordinates lead to a rather seedy alleyway. You are partway through when someone shoves a gun in your face and shoves you against the wall, or tries to. The assailant ends up flat on his rear in a puddle, his gun still pointed at you. It is a young man, no older than seventeen, with milky white eyes, clearly blind. 

Edited by Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

The coordinates lead to a rather seedy alleyway. You are partway throuh when someone shoved a gun in your face and shoved you against the wall, or tries to. The assailant ends up flat on his rear in a puddle, his gun still pointed at you. It is a young man, no older than seventeen, with milky white eyes, clearly blind. 

Wilco picks the guy up, before disarming him. "Excuse me, but why did you try to rob me?"

3 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco picks the guy up, before disarming him. "Excuse me, but why did you try to rob me?"

“Bill ain’t too bright.” A voice says from behind you. 

Another teen walks into view flanked by two large figures holding Dera rifles.

“You’ll have to forgive him. Blind in both eyes. Good sense of hearing, though.” He says. “Don’t get many Tenno here. You just be looking for something, or someone.”

He flashes you a completely fake smile.

”How about I help you find it, and you forget this happened?” He says. 

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

“Bill ain’t too bright.” A voice says from behind you. 

Another teen walks into view flanked by two large figures holding Dera rifles.

“You’ll have to forgive him. Blind in both eyes. Good sense of hearing, though.” He says. “Don’t get many Tenno here. You just be looking for something, or someone.”

He flashes you a completely fake smile.

”How about I help you find it, and you forget this happened?” He says. 

Wilco looked at the teen. "It depends really. I would like the help, yet I don't know if I can trust you..."

2 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco looked at the teen. "It depends really. I would like the help, yet I don't know if I can trust you..."

“Hey, you’re Tenno.” The gang leader says. “What do I have to gain by angering a Tenno?”

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“Itzal Archwings should be able to get us close.” Sierra says. “I’ll prep them for deployment.”

Odrah transferred into his Limbo. Even without the ability to express facial emotion one could easily see he was afraid.

10 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah transferred into his Limbo. Even without the ability to express facial emotion one could easily see he was afraid.

“Not a fan of heights?” Dixon asks. “On that note we might want to get you wired to the recall system. Otherwise if your frame goes boom during drop you’ll go splat.”

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Not a fan of heights?” Dixon asks. “On that note we might want to get you wired to the recall system. Otherwise if your frame goes boom during drop you’ll go splat.”

“I’m not afraid of heights. I’m afraid of archwings in general. Whenever I need to go aerial I grab my Zephyr.”

Odrah picked up himself, ready to put him in the transfer room.

7 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“I’m not afraid of heights. I’m afraid of archwings in general. Whenever I need to go aerial I grab my Zephyr.”

Odrah picked up himself, ready to put him in the transfer room.

“Oh yeah, your meditation thing.” Dixon says. “You should be fine in a standard somatic pod. Here’s a map I... shall we say acquired.”

The map shows the somatic pod as just down the hall from the bridge.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Oh yeah, your meditation thing.” Dixon says. “You should be fine in a standard somatic pod. Here’s a map I... shall we say acquired.”

The map shows the somatic pod as just down the hall from the bridge.

Odrah put his body in one of the Somatic Pods and returned to Sierra.

”Alright.. I’m ready.”

4 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

"That is true. I'll let you help me then." Wilco nods and looks at the gang leader. "Lead the way."

“Need to know what you’re looking for.” He says. “Can’t find what I don’t know.”

6 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

"Right. I'm looking for Susan Moorse. I hope you guys aren't too friendly, because I don't want a fight..."

His gaze darkens.

”You should have said so.” He says. “I’ve been meaning to look into that. Her house gives off a bad vibe, if you know what I mean. Something ain’t right with that place.”

He gestures down the alley.

”This way.” He says, leading the way with his goons.

Just now, Rakawan said:

His gaze darkens.

”You should have said so.” He says. “I’ve been meaning to look into that. Her house gives off a bad vibe, if you know what I mean. Something ain’t right with that place.”

He gestures down the alley.

”This way.” He says, leading the way with his goons.

Wilco follows them. "Just a question, but why run a gang here? You guys seem suited to militia service."

3 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco follows them. "Just a question, but why run a gang here? You guys seem suited to militia service."

“If we had a militia we might not need gangs.” The lad says. “But no one checks up on these places. Only visitors we get are lost tourists or shady Tenno. Excluding present company of course.”

He chuckles.

“Plus I kinda like the freedom.” He says. “Militias tend to be faceless mooks, all getting paid what the ‘man’ says long as they do what he says. Gangs, we decide our own pay, make our own rules. Got more freedom that way.”

He stops outside a building. This area is under the dome, but does not appear to have eenninegrated into the Orokin style structures common in the main part of the city. 

The windows have bars on the outside and you hear the thrill of a field generator near each one. Oddly enough the bars are on the outside, not inside.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“If we had a militia we might not need gangs.” The lad says. “But no one checks up on these places. Only visitors we get are lost tourists or shady Tenno. Excluding present company of course.”

He chuckles.

“Plus I kinda like the freedom.” He says. “Militias tend to be faceless mooks, all getting paid what the ‘man’ says long as they do what he says. Gangs, we decide our own pay, make our own rules. Got more freedom that way.”

He stops outside a building. This area is under the dome, but does not appear to have eenninegrated into the Orokin style structures common in the main part of the city. 

The windows have bars on the outside and you hear the thrill of a field generator near each one. Oddly enough the bars are on the outside, not inside.

"Is this it?" Wilco asks, looking at the boss. 

19 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

"Is this it?" Wilco asks, looking at the boss. 

“Yeah it is.” He says. “Let’s see if the old lady is home.”

He knocks on the door.

A small child opens it. 

“Can’t go outside.” He says. “Mama says it’s not safe.”

A moment later he is yanked back and a woamn’s voice echoes out. 

“Mommy told you never to answer the door.” She says. “Go to the time out room.”

She opens the dooor a crack. 

Yes?” She asks. “What do you need?”

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Yeah it is.” He says. “Let’s see if the old lady is home.”

He knocks on the door.

A small child opens it. 

“Can’t go outside.” He says. “Mama says it’s not safe.”

A moment later he is yanked back and a woamn’s voice echoes out. 

“Mommy told you never to answer the door.” She says. “Go to the time out room.”

She opens the dooor a crack. 

Yes?” She asks. “What do you need?”

Wilco, shocked that she is home, freees for a second, before regaining his composure. "Hi. Miss Moorse,right? I'm Wilco, and I'd like to talk to you about something. Is that fine with you? I'll leave my warframe if you feel intimidated..."

2 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco, shocked that she is home, freees for a second, before regaining his composure. "Hi. Miss Moorse,right? I'm Wilco, and I'd like to talk to you about something. Is that fine with you? I'll leave my warframe if you feel intimidated..."

“I’m afraid I don’t have the time for idle conversation.” She says. “Now I am quite busy.” Please go away.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“I’m afraid I don’t have the time for idle conversation.” She says. “Now I am quite busy.” Please go away.”

"Miss. It's about the chancellor. I'm here to ask some questions about the incident." His face becomes serious