Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, ljmadruga said:

“You’re right, but our allies often come from the most unexpected places.”

His fingers close around the detron. 

“I knew I should have sent better mercenaries.” He says. “Tenno have a way of making people talk.”

30 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

His fingers close around the detron. 

“I knew I should have sent better mercenaries.” He says. “Tenno have a way of making people talk.”

“Right again!”

Odrah banished the officer to the rift, locking him in stasis.

”Dixon, he’s ready for digitization.”

He took the detron and stored it away.

1 minute ago, ljmadruga said:

“Right again!”

Odrah banished the officer to the rift, locking him in stasis.

”Dixon, he’s ready for digitization.”

He took the detron and stored it away.

“Then digitalize him and go.” Dixon says. “Sierra will meet you at the extraction point. I’m... I’m gonna have some trouble getting out of here.”

You hear several shouts, a burst of gunfire, and then silence from Dixon’s mic.

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“You will regret this.” Susan yells. “You will all...”

A single gunshot leaves a dent in the floor near her head. 

“Your Corpus Friends have zero influence here.” The gang leader says. “This is a sovereign colony. You think anyone here cares if we have to cough up a few thousand extra credits for some goods? If it means getting rid of people like you we’d all gladly pay triple price.”

Wilco finishes tying her up, before entering his warframe and picking up Susan. "I thank you and your crew for your assistance, sir. I'll let the watchers know to make sure you guys can keep your part safe." And with that, he leaves, heading back to the Watchers.

14 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco finishes tying her up, before entering his warframe and picking up Susan. "I thank you and your crew for your assistance, sir. I'll let the watchers know to make sure you guys can keep your part safe." And with that, he leaves, heading back to the Watchers.

“I’d prefer you leave it Oi tof the report.” The leader says. “My crew will make the news known in our own way.”

He points to the cages.

”You’re not going to take the kids with you?” He asks.

The children in the cages look up at you hopefully.

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Then digitalize him and go.” Dixon says. “Sierra will meet you at the extraction point. I’m... I’m gonna have some trouble getting out of here.”

You hear several shouts, a burst of gunfire, and then silence from Dixon’s mic.

Odrah digitized the officer. He went to search for the Corpus techs from before.

22 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah digitized the officer. He went to search for the Corpus techs from before.

The Tech’s are working on the shuttle you were just in.

”You talk with the big man?” Their leader asks. “Work out a deal?”

He winks at you.

29 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Tech’s are working on the shuttle you were just in.

”You talk with the big man?” Their leader asks. “Work out a deal?”

He winks at you.

“You Betty I did big guy! Now to honor my end of the deal. Come with me, I’ll get you out of here.”

Odrah turned away.

”Silo? I need you to come down for pickup.”

Odrah’s ship appeared over the horizon.

10 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“You Betty I did big guy! Now to honor my end of the deal. Come with me, I’ll get you out of here.”

Odrah turned away.

”Silo? I need you to come down for pickup.”

Odrah’s ship appeared over the horizon.

Odrah would detect multiple weapon systems locked on the ship the moment it enters range. All begin ramping up their firing sequence.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Odrah would detect multiple weapon systems locked on the ship the moment it enters range. All begin ramping up their firing sequence.

“Operator, I am unable to come close. You’ll have to find a way to disable those anti aircraft weapons.”

”Dang. Alright then,” Odrah said.

He turned back to the techs. “Guys, I’m gonna take down the anti-aircraft measures. You have a choice of coming with me, but I can no longer guarantee your safety. If you don’t want to come, I’ll keep you banished right here. You won’t feel a thing, nothing will touch you, and the next thing you know you’ll be on my ship.”

11 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Operator, I am unable to come close. You’ll have to find a way to disable those anti aircraft weapons.”

”Dang. Alright then,” Odrah said.

He turned back to the techs. “Guys, I’m gonna take down the anti-aircraft measures. You have a choice of coming with me, but I can no longer guarantee your safety. If you don’t want to come, I’ll keep you banished right here. You won’t feel a thing, nothing will touch you, and the next thing you know you’ll be on my ship.”

The lead tech looks at the others. 

“Any of you got family?” He asks.

They all shake their heads.

He pulls out a comms device.

”Meridia, honey, listen to me.” He says. “You need to get out of the colony for a few days. You remember that spot by the asteroids. Go there. I’ll explain later. I love you.”

He closes the device and looks at you.

”This job of yours better pay well.” He says. “We can use these shuttles, they might make it past the guns.”

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The lead tech looks at the others. 

“Any of you got family?” He asks.

They all shake their heads.

He pulls out a comms device.

”Meridia, honey, listen to me.” He says. “You need to get out of the colony for a few days. You remember that spot by the asteroids. Go there. I’ll explain later. I love you.”

He closes the device and looks at you.

”This job of yours better pay well.” He says. “We can use these shuttles, they might make it past the guns.”

“They’ll figure out you’re deserters.”

Odrah thought for a moment.

”Oh boy, this is a bad idea,” he muttered to himself.

”Sierra? Do you read? I need an elytron deployed to my coordinates.”

2 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“They’ll figure out you’re deserters.”

Odrah thought for a moment.

”Oh boy, this is a bad idea,” he muttered to himself.

”Sierra? Do you read? I need an elytron deployed to my coordinates.”

“What.” Sierra says. “I’m sorry I don’t...”

On 3/21/2018 at 6:52 AM, Rakawan said:

“This place has survived much.” Gallik says. “It’s people may be tired of war, but they will fight whatever battles they must to survive. They always have.”

He clasps his hands behind his back.

”What do you think will happen to the children that Tenno brought here?” He asks. 

"The same thing that happens to children brought anywhere.  The actions we make around them, the events that occur, will shape them.  All things willing, they will be shaped in a positive way."  He turns to walk back into the temple.  "I doubt we can spend all day watching the sun crawl by."

22 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"The same thing that happens to children brought anywhere.  The actions we make around them, the events that occur, will shape them.  All things willing, they will be shaped in a positive way."  He turns to walk back into the temple.  "I doubt we can spend all day watching the sun crawl by."

“Indeed.” Gallik says falling into step beside you. “You have you’re first class today don’t you? How do you feel about teaching your interpretation of the Unairu way to a group of civilians?”

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Indeed.” Gallik says falling into step beside you. “You have you’re first class today don’t you? How do you feel about teaching your interpretation of the Unairu way to a group of civilians?”

"Optimistic, but I imagine many will choose to not continue."  He walks towards the staircase, heading down to where he was supposed to teach.  

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Optimistic, but I imagine many will choose to not continue."  He walks towards the staircase, heading down to where he was supposed to teach.  

The classroom is well lit, and unlike the other rooms it is decorated with stone sculptures. 

A small crowd of individuals is gathered outside. All are dressed in the guest robes provided by the Monastery. Only three of them are Tenno, the rest are humans. There is, oddly enough, one clone among them, his rough features at odds with those around him. 

The Tenno bow.

”Master.” They say.

The humans and Grineer repeat the gesture with various levels of success.

The floor inside has several mats to sit upon.

19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“I’d prefer you leave it Oi tof the report.” The leader says. “My crew will make the news known in our own way.”

He points to the cages.

”You’re not going to take the kids with you?” He asks.

The children in the cages look up at you hopefully.

"I will then." He says as he starts opening the cages. "I don't know what to do with the kids though..."

3 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

"I will then." He says as he starts opening the cages. "I don't know what to do with the kids though..."

“The Watchers should know what do to.” He says. “Just don’t tell them about us.”

He and the others turn and make their way out of the house. 

The children look up at you with wide eyes.

13 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“Deploy an elytron to my coordinates for a bombing run from possibly the worst Archwing pilot this side of the system.”

“Right.” Sierra says, sounding out of it. “Incoming.”

You hear a ship fly over and an archwing drops just outside the hangar entrance. 

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Right.” Sierra says, sounding out of it. “Incoming.”

You hear a ship fly over and an archwing drops just outside the hangar entrance. 

Odrah linked up to the elytron and immediately took to the skies. The Archwing was big, bulky, and a lot slower than other archwings. From the ground he looked graceful, when in reality he couldn’t stop himself from rolling uncontrollably.

”AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

He saw the first turret.

”Okay... Here goes nothing!”

A large guided missile headed directly for the turret, destroying it. Odrah looked for more turrets  while banking around.

16 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah linked up to the elytron and immediately took to the skies. The Archwing was big, bulky, and a lot slower than other archwings. From the ground he looked graceful, when in reality he couldn’t stop himself from rolling uncontrollably.

”AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

He saw the first turret.

”Okay... Here goes nothing!”

A large guided missile headed directly for the turret, destroying it. Odrah looked for more turrets  while banking around.

There are several turrets, large unwieldy things that struggle to track you. 

You receive a file from the lead tech.

”Turret placements.” He says. “We got company down here, so it’s all I can provide for now. Don’t worry about us. This has been a long time coming.”

20 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“The Watchers should know what do to.” He says. “Just don’t tell them about us.”

He and the others turn and make their way out of the house. 

The children look up at you with wide eyes.

"I will..." He then turns back to the children and picks them up, heading back to the watchers. 

On 3/22/2018 at 3:01 PM, Rakawan said:

The classroom is well lit, and unlike the other rooms it is decorated with stone sculptures. 

A small crowd of individuals is gathered outside. All are dressed in the guest robes provided by the Monastery. Only three of them are Tenno, the rest are humans. There is, oddly enough, one clone among them, his rough features at odds with those around him. 

The Tenno bow.

”Master.” They say.

The humans and Grineer repeat the gesture with various levels of success.

The floor inside has several mats to sit upon.

Stabilis bows back, and take his position in the front of the class.  "Now, tell me, who here knows of the Unairu way?"