The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Stabilis stands on the balcony, looking towards the horizon.  This spot has become a usual place for him; for whatever reason, his mind is always clearer here.Things have been changing, and as far as he could tell, few outcomes could be positive.  He can only hope that his efforts will lead to a positive one, and that this place he had decided to call home would stray far from ruin.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Stabilis stands on the balcony, looking towards the horizon.  This spot has become a usual place for him; for whatever reason, his mind is always clearer here.Things have been changing, and as far as he could tell, few outcomes could be positive.  He can only hope that his efforts will lead to a positive one, and that this place he had decided to call home would stray far from ruin.

(Hello! If I may ask, What is your role in the RP currently?)

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Sierra grows slowly more panicked. 

Finally there is a flash of light and you find yourselves in an alcove inside the complex.

Sierra takes a deep breath before turning and punching Dixon square in the face.

”Ah!” He says. “What was that for?”

”I’m an agoraphobe you twit!” Sierra snaps. “I. Don’t. Like. Open. Spaces!”

”You were fine on the plains.” Dixon says. 

“That’s different.” She says. “That’s not a vast empty featureless void.”

“Relax you two. We need to focus on the mission.”

Odrah looked for the hangar.

8 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

“Beautiful isn’t it.” Gallik says, watching the sunrise.

From your time on the Monastery you recall that he was once the chancellor of Phenix and is the only known human to have been converted to a shade.

6 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“Relax you two. We need to focus on the mission.”

Odrah looked for the hangar.

You appear to be in a maintenance bay, offset from the larger hangar.

”Alright.” Sierra says, trying to calm her breathing. “Power generators.... right...”

She walks off, slightly unsteady.

14 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco aimed the Stiletto at her. "Susan, drop the knife. now!" Wilco looked angry, hoping that the others aren't too long. He then hits a button, sending an alert to the Watchers. It reads: "Susan is assassain."

Susan’s hand slides down the handle, shifting it to a throwing grip, something you easily recognize as a Tenno.

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Susan’s hand slides down the handle, shifting it to a throwing grip, something you easily recognize as a Tenno.

Wilco sees her hand move down the handle, and fires once into the air, before moving in and disabling and restraining her, by shooting her legs, then knocking her arm back, making the knife drop as she falls to the ground, as he stands over her, holding her arms together as his frame bursts through the basement door.

Edited by WilcotheWolf

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You appear to be in a maintenance bay, offset from the larger hangar.

”Alright.” Sierra says, trying to calm her breathing. “Power generators.... right...”

She walks off, slightly unsteady.

Odrah sneaked to the hangar entrance. He scanned for enemies.

19 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah sneaked to the hangar entrance. He scanned for enemies.

There are a handful of tech’s sitting on some crates, holding small rectangles of cardboard in their hands. They seem to be tossing these down at set intervals, at which point one of them will laugh and grab a pile of credits that each sets on the tables.

”I’ll tell you what.” One says. “I’ll be glad to be done of this. The money is good. But every time I see those kids I just... My wife and I got permission from the board to start a family. I can’t raise kids and be part of this.”

”And the severance pay.” Another says. “Am I Right?”

No one laughs.

”I’m serious lads.” The first tech says. “I got a gig on an asteroid. Mining, honest work. I could talk to the foreman, get you all some spots. Just... think about it.”

The Techs are between you and half of the shuttles. Getting to the shuttles will mean getting past, or going through, them.

Edited by Rakawan

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

There are a handful of tech’s sitting on some crates, holding small rectangles of cardboard in their hands. They seem to be tossing these down at set intervals, at which point one of them will laugh and grab a pile of credits that each sets on the tables.

”I’ll tell you what.” One says. “I’ll be glad to be done of this. The money is good. But every time I see those kids I just... My wife and I got permission from the board to start a family. I can’t raise kids and be part of this.”

”And the severance pay.” Another says. “Am I Right?”

No one laughs.

”I’m serious lads.” The first tech says. “I got a gig on an asteroid. Mining, honest work. I could talk to the foreman, get you all some spots. Just... think about it.”

The Techs are between you and half of the shuttles. Getting to the shuttles will mean getting past, or going through, them.

Odrah decides to reveal himself, but conceals himself in the rift.

”Even if you can’t get the job, I’ll help you find some good honest work.”

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Beautiful isn’t it.” Gallik says, watching the sunrise.

From your time on the Monastery you recall that he was once the chancellor of Phenix and is the only known human to have been converted to a shade.

"Yes.  Hopefully not a fleeting beauty, but only time will tell that for certain."

On 3/20/2018 at 7:26 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco sees her hand move down the handle, and fires once into the air, before moving in and disabling and restraining her, by shooting her legs, then knocking her arm back, making the knife drop as she falls to the ground, as he stands over her, holding her arms together as his frame bursts through the basement door.

“You will regret this.” Susan yells. “You will all...”

A single gunshot leaves a dent in the floor near her head. 

“Your Corpus Friends have zero influence here.” The gang leader says. “This is a sovereign colony. You think anyone here cares if we have to cough up a few thousand extra credits for some goods? If it means getting rid of people like you we’d all gladly pay triple price.”

19 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah decides to reveal himself, but conceals himself in the rift.

”Even if you can’t get the job, I’ll help you find some good honest work.”

The other tech’s grab their guns, aiming at you.

”Your bullets won’t do you any good lads.” The soon-to-retire tech says. “What sort by of work are you proposing, betrayer?”

Edited by Rakawan

15 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Yes.  Hopefully not a fleeting beauty, but only time will tell that for certain."

“This place has survived much.” Gallik says. “It’s people may be tired of war, but they will fight whatever battles they must to survive. They always have.”

He clasps his hands behind his back.

”What do you think will happen to the children that Tenno brought here?” He asks. 

59 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The other tech’s grab their guns, aiming at you.

”Your bullets won’t do you any good lads.” The soon-to-retire tech says. “What sort by of work are you proposing, betrayer?”

“I know a few people that own traveling bars, fishing companies, and entire armadas of ships that constantly need repair. They pay well, and the job itself is very honorable. I can help you get the jobs if you do me a favor.”

7 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“I know a few people that own traveling bars, fishing companies, and entire armadas of ships that constantly need repair. They pay well, and the job itself is very honorable. I can help you get the jobs if you do me a favor.”

“There are limits to what we can do.” The tech says. “Negligence gets you fired. Betrayal, that gets you killed. We want out, we don’t want to be dead.”

Edited by Rakawan

34 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“There are limits to what we can do.” The tech says. “Negligence gets you fired. Betrayal, that gets you killed. We want out, we don’t want to be dead.”

“You’ll have my protection. If you help me, I can guarantee you’ll make it out of here without a scratch. I’ve fought off many Corpus assassins after my head. I’m not exactly and amateur when it comes to things like this.”

5 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“You’ll have my protection. If you help me, I can guarantee you’ll make it out of here without a scratch. I’ve fought off many Corpus assassins after my head. I’m not exactly and amateur when it comes to things like this.”

The tech nods.

”Tell us what you need and I’ll tell you what we can do.” He says. 

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The tech nods.

”Tell us what you need and I’ll tell you what we can do.” He says. 

“Your boss. I need to disable his ship so he can’t fly away. I also need to know of any ‘shipments’ you guys have so that we can take them to safety.”

13 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Your boss. I need to disable his ship so he can’t fly away. I also need to know of any ‘shipments’ you guys have so that we can take them to safety.”

“By boss I assume you mean the bigwig in charge.” The man says. “Since my boss is just the maintenance supervisor. Hmm. His shuttle is due for some maintenance. Could be down for hours. Been a while since we’ve scrubbed the fuel lines. Just a minor thing though, only takes an hour tops. Nothing we need to notify him about, ehh boys?”

Whether out of fear or ethics the other Crewman nod.

”We’ll get right on it.” He says. “As for merchandise, only the bigwig knows where it is kept. You’d have to ‘talk’ to him.”

”Getting them off planet is going to be tough.” Dixon says. “If this goes right they’ll get fired nothing more, but if you are being honest about the offer they’ll need a way to contact you.”

Edited by Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“By boss I assume you mean the bigwig in charge.” The man says. “Since my boss is just the maintenance supervisor. Hmm. His shuttle is due for some maintenance. Could be down for hours. Been a while since we’ve scrubbed the fuel lines. Just a minor thing though, only takes an hour tops. Nothing we need to notify him about, ehh boys?”

Whether out of fear or ethics the other Crewman nod.

”We’ll get right on it.” He says. “As for merchandise, only the bigwig knows where it is kept. You’d have to ‘talk’ to him.”

”Getting them off planet is going to be tough.” Dixon says. “If this goes right they’ll get fired nothing more, but if you are being honest about the offer they’ll need a way to contact you.”

“One step at a time, Dixon.”

Odrah phased in and out of the other ships banishing the controls. He searched for any children aboard each and every one.

2 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“One step at a time, Dixon.”

Odrah phased in and out of the other ships banishing the controls. He searched for any children aboard each and every one.

There are no children aboard the shuttles. 

“Breaching office now.” Dixon says. “Sierra are you ready with the generator.”

No response.

”Soerra!” Dixon snaps.

”Generator.” Sierra starts. “Generators are too heavily guarded. I can’t make it inside.”

Dixon sighs. 

“Alright.” He says. “Breaching.”

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There are no children aboard the shuttles. 

“Breaching office now.” Dixon says. “Sierra are you ready with the generator.”

No response.

”Soerra!” Dixon snaps.

”Generator.” Sierra starts. “Generators are too heavily guarded. I can’t make it inside.”

Dixon sighs. 

“Alright.” He says. “Breaching.”

“Watch out for turrets and a Detron underneath the table.”

Odrah pulled out his Euphona, ready for what is to come.

Edited by ljmadruga

5 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Watch out for turrets and a Detron underneath the table.”

Odrah pulled out his Euphona, ready for what is to come.

You hear the alarms blare and a Corpus Officer appears inside the shuttle in a flash of light. He tosses his detron onto the table and hits a button. Nothing happens. He hammers the ridges button again, then stops, his hand straying towards the detron.

”There’s always more than one of you isn’t there.” He says, slowly.

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You hear the alarms blare and a Corpus Officer appears inside the shuttle in a flash of light. He tosses his detron onto the table and hits a button. Nothing happens. He hammers the ridges button again, then stops, his hand straying towards the detron.

”There’s always more than one of you isn’t there.” He says, slowly.

“You’re right, but our allies often come from the most unexpected places.”