The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

On July 15, 2016 at 10:43 AM, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord had returned to his clan laboratory, and was overseeing the setup procedures alongside Stendra. Occasionally, he would stoop to lend a hand to one of the research attendants, but mainly kept watch over the operation as a whole.

A flash of light heralds the arrival of Ryoko. He is clad in a Grost Prime. A red Nsaru Syndana hangs from his back.

"How fares the research?" He asks.

Just now, Rakawan said:

A flash of light heralds the arrival of Ryoko. He is clad in a Grost Prime. A red Nsaru Syndana hangs from his back.

"How fares the research?" He asks.

Lord turned to Ryoko. "Just starting basic startup for now. Most of our equipment is already set up."

6 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord turned to Ryoko. "Just starting basic startup for now. Most of our equipment is already set up."

"My apologies for the delay." He says. "Things have been happening."

He gestures to a crate behind him.

"I have a gift for you." He says. "From Perrin, oddly enough."

A thick-legged MOA, with a teardrop body, rises to its feet as the crate opens. Various hatches on it open and close, revealing a Detron Cannon, and Opticor Cannon, and two Angstrum. It shakes itself.

"Operator detected." It says. "Identification confirmed. Awaiting instruction."

"Their newest augmented proxy." He says. "A Proto-Moa. Should help with security."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"My apologies for the delay." He says. "Things have been happening."

He gestures to a crate behind him.

"I have a gift for you." He says. "From Perrin, oddly enough."

A thick-legged MOA, with a teardrop body, rises to its feet as the crate opens. Various hatches on it open and close, revealing a Detron Cannon, and Opticor Cannon, and two Angstrum. It shakes itself.

"Operator detected." It says. "Identification confirmed. Awaiting instruction."

"Their newest augmented proxy." He says. "A Proto-Moa. Should help with security."

Lord nodded. "I understand. It's got to be a challenge keeping a whole planet in line." He walked a few circles around the Moa. "Hmm, interesting enough. He'll be useful alongside our perimeter defenses." He spoke to the Moa. "Can you link to external sensors?"

Just now, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord nodded. "I understand. It's got to be a challenge keeping a whole planet in line." He walked a few circles around the Moa. "Hmm, interesting enough. He'll be useful alongside our perimeter defenses." He spoke to the Moa. "Can you link to external sensors?"

"Of course." A mechanized voice says. "This unit was designed to guard high priority areas."

A hatch opens and a data pad is revealed. It has a handprint symbol. 

"Awaiting imprint." It says. 

"Of course." A mechanized voice says. "This unit was designed to guard high priority areas."

A hatch opens and a data pad is revealed. It has a handprint symbol. 

"Awaiting imprint." It says. 

Lord placed his hand on the sensor, waiting for it to read. 

Lord placed his hand on the sensor, waiting for it to read. 

The Moa shudders and then freezes. Various code begins printing align the surface. After a few minutes it still is not acting. A strange clicking comes from inside it, as it begins to spark.

Ryoko taps his helmet.

"The boasted thing just froze." He said. "Wait, what do you mean what thing. The Moa."

He starts. 

"Lord!" He shouts. "Get back!"

The text on the back of the Moa begins flashes red and the hat he snaps shut. The weapons platforms activate and a creepy distorted Cephalon voice echoes out.

"So many fragile things." It cackles. "What should I break first?"

"Shut it down remotely." Ryoko is saying angrily. "Executive you are about to make a very dangerous enemy. Use the kill switch."

He raises his Rubico.

"What do you mean locked out?" He snaps. "This was designed as a security system, it should have protections against hacking."

The Moa turns and sees Stendra, the Opticor cannon charging.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Moa shudders and then freezes. Various code begins printing align the surface. After a few minutes it still is not acting. A strange clicking comes from inside it, as it begins to spark.

Ryoko taps his helmet.

"The boasted thing just froze." He said. "Wait, what do you mean what thing. The Moa."

He starts. 

"Lord!" He shouts. "Get back!"

The text on the back of the Moa begins flashes red and the hat he snaps shut. The weapons platforms activate and a creepy distorted Cephalon voice echoes out.

"So many fragile things." It cackles. "What should I break first?"

"Shut it down remotely." Ryoko is saying angrily. "Executive you are about to make a very dangerous enemy. Use the kill switch."

He raises his Rubico.

"What do you mean locked out?" He snaps. "This was designed as a security system, it should have protections against hacking."

The Moa turns and sees Stendra, the Opticor cannon charging.

Stendra, being a research overseer, had never really faced threat. However, she did have protection in case an experiment failed. An energy shield appeared before her, and she drew a pistol that looked like a miniature Amprex. Lord wouldn't stand idly by either, having already charged a shock, and holding his Dakra in hand.

Stendra, being a research overseer, had never really faced threat. However, she did have protection in case an experiment failed. An energy shield appeared before her, and she drew a pistol that looked like a miniature Amprex. Lord wouldn't stand idly by either, having already charged a shock, and holding his Dakra in hand.

"Bye by...." The voice says. "Wait... This wasn't. I don't..."

The Moa twitches and the beam just glances the shield, still breaking it. 

"Destroy..." The voice says. "No wait... I...."

"Comply you blasted..." A voice says. It suddenly stops.

"Sven?" Ryoko asks. "Why?"

The Moa suddenly collapses.

"You should know." It says. "Always interfering. Always using your strength to disrupt my plans. I'M TIRED OF BRING PUSHED AROUND BY YOU."

ThenMoa begins to spark.

"This facility will prove useful in that regard." Sven says. "I'll build a better body. Something stronger. So no one can push me around anymore."

The Moa begins to spark and shudder. The clicking inside accelerates.

"Well." Sven says. "After a few repairs of course."

The world seems to slow as the Moa explodes, your Tenno reflexes allowing  you to react much faster than a human would.

You see Ryokl stretch out a hand, an energy globe appearing over the Moa, however it strains as the blast grows larger.

"Bye by...." The voice says. "Wait... This wasn't. I don't..."

The Moa twitches and the beam just glances the shield, still breaking it. 

"Destroy..." The voice says. "No wait... I...."

"Comply you blasted..." A voice says. It suddenly stops.

"Sven?" Ryoko asks. "Why?"

The Moa suddenly collapses.

"You should know." It says. "Always interfering. Always using your strength to disrupt my plans. I'M TIRED OF BRING PUSHED AROUND BY YOU."

ThenMoa begins to spark.

"This facility will prove useful in that regard." Sven says. "I'll build a better body. Something stronger. So no one can push me around anymore."

The Moa begins to spark and shudder. The clicking inside accelerates.

"Well." Sven says. "After a few repairs of course."

The world seems to slow as the Moa explodes, your Tenno reflexes allowing  you to react much faster than a human would.

You see Ryokl stretch out a hand, an energy globe appearing over the Moa, however it strains as the blast grows larger.

Lord added his Shock to the energy sphere, boosting its strength. Stendra simply watched. "That... was something." Lord said, and started charging another shock, in case something else happened.

18 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord added his Shock to the energy sphere, boosting its strength. Stendra simply watched. "That... was something." Lord said, and started charging another shock, in case something else happened.

"Nice try." Sven says. "But a new friend told me how to work around that."

The spheres shatters and the wave races across the room. You see the equipment around it shut down. Your vision goes black as the wave strikes you.

You wake to the sound of gunfire. Stendra is crouched over you, shaking you, your helmet is off. Ryoko is leaning against some equipment. He is holding his Rubico. His Warframe also seems powered down, as does the lab equipment, though it seems the blast did little physical damage. 

A row of Archons stand at the lab entrance firing at a ship as it takes off. It is of Coprus design. A few Techs are seen lying in the ground, either dead or wounded.

Ryoko drops his rifle and sags against the table. He coughs.

"Sir the area is secure." An Archon says. "But they got away."

Edited by Rakawan

A loudspeaker activates.

"Executuive Sven is wanted by the Perrin sequence for questioning regarding a recent series of events. Any information leading to his capture will be rewarded with 500,000 credits.  Reward for capture: 1,000,000 credits, plus bonus decided upon after questioning."

Wanted posters appear around the planet. At firing ranges, restaurants, even in the Council chambers.

Another message goes out across Tenno servers, to the Orogin system.

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Tsun gathers his strength and swaps places with her, removing a Vectis Priem from his back.

Fell noticed the Nyx appear next to him and aimed for a kick at her stomach. The Nyx paried it using her Snipetron but the kick was strong enough the scramble the insides of the gun. The Nyx backflipped away and unholstered a hikou star, tossing it at Fell's leg. He simply said stepped it and let the fragments of his weapons jab into the Nyx, knocking her on the ground. Afterwards one of the fragments floated inches away from her neck as she laid on the ground. If she would get up she would get impaled.

"So what are we going to do with this witch?"

"The trader is currently in a meeting." Simon says. "I can patch you through to him if necessary, but I'm afraid he is not to be disturbed."

*She rubs her neck* "Zaeed is in a meeting?, *sighs* what has he done this time?, is it possbile for me to visit him, where is he located? *she says* "My name is Nena Zi'Teer, I'm his partner.."

Edited by LegionCynex

"Nice try." Sven says. "But a new friend told me how to work around that."

The spheres shatters and the wave races across the room. You see the equipment around it shut down. Your vision goes black as the wave strikes you.

You wake to the sound of gunfire. Stendra is crouched over you, shaking you, your helmet is off. Ryoko is leaning against some equipment. He is holding his Rubico. His Warframe also seems powered down, as does the lab equipment, though it seems the blast did little physical damage. 

A row of Archons stand at the lab entrance firing at a ship as it takes off. It is of Coprus design. A few Techs are seen lying in the ground, either dead or wounded.

Ryoko drops his rifle and sags against the table. He coughs.

"Sir the area is secure." An Archon says. "But they got away."

((Metagaming? Maybe. I don't care too much though. Stendra wasn't a huge OC of mine.))

Lord groaned. "Dammit..." He stood slowly. Looking around, he saw the equipment was damaged. "Well, that'll slow startup..." Stendra nodded. He quickly grabbed his helmet and resecured it, attempting to keep his identity under wraps.

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The captain scrambles for something underneath him.

Darrin is standing with his side to you, leaning on his Jat Kittag. He is talking to an image on a Helios. You see a quick twitch, almost as if he turned to look at you. The motion is so swift it is almost unnoticeable.

"The Encryption key should be here." He says. "Our new friend has the captain at his mercy."

He pauses, then shakes his head.

"His business, not mine." He says. "We may need extraction, though. Prepare the ship. I'll recover what I can."

Ko-Rovak glares at the grineer and pauses for a few seconds more before slowly gettingoff the captain and standing up, walking over to Darrin, leaving the captain bloodied and mangled.

"... Did you hear that?"

He suddenly began running into a dark corridor, his bright green energy lights disappearing behind the black smoke of the grineer engines. As he ran further in, he took out one of his gremlins, reloading it and waiting in the shadows.

3 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Fell noticed the Nyx appear next to him and aimed for a kick at her stomach. The Nyx paried it using her Snipetron but the kick was strong enough the scramble the insides of the gun. The Nyx backflipped away and unholstered a hikou star, tossing it at Fell's leg. He simply said stepped it and let the fragments of his weapons jab into the Nyx, knocking her on the ground. Afterwards one of the fragments floated inches away from her neck as she laid on the ground. If she would get up she would get impaled.

"So what are we going to do with this witch?"

Tsun places a decoy near you and swaps back to stand beside you. 

"Hold her." He says. "Until the Nemesis gets here."

In the distance you can see a figure running towards you. It is a woman in a dress.

23 minutes ago, Dynamon_X said:

Ko-Rovak glares at the grineer and pauses for a few seconds more before slowly gettingoff the captain and standing up, walking over to Darrin, leaving the captain bloodied and mangled.

"... Did you hear that?"

He suddenly began running into a dark corridor, his bright green energy lights disappearing behind the black smoke of the grineer engines. As he ran further in, he took out one of his gremlins, reloading it and waiting in the shadows.

"You deal with that." He says. "I've got something else."

He freezes the Captain and walks down another corridor.

3 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

*She rubs her neck* "Zaeed is in a meeting?, *sighs* what has he done this time?, is it possbile for me to visit him, where is he located? *she says* "My name is Nena Zi'Teer, I'm his partner.."

"Apparently he piqued the interest of the council." He says. "More than that I cannot say. I can let you land, but you'd have to contact the council to get permission to intervene."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Tsun places a decoy near you and swaps back to stand beside you. 

"Hold her." He says. "Until the Nemesis gets here."

In the distance you can see a figure running towards you. It is a woman in a dress.

"Got it."

Fell noticed that the Nyx was trying to create a few psychic bolts in her hand. He always loved it when someone was desperate enough to do something stupid like that. With a quick motion of his hand a weapon fragment punctured the warframe's hand and the underlying flesh of the person using it. The Nyx cried out in pain, she couldn't even try to pull the fragment out as it would end up with the piece of weaponry floating above her neck also puncturing her frame.

2 hours ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

((Metagaming? Maybe. I don't care too much though. Stendra wasn't a huge OC of mine.))

Lord groaned. "Dammit..." He stood slowly. Looking around, he saw the equipment was damaged. "Well, that'll slow startup..." Stendra nodded. He quickly grabbed his helmet and resecured it, attempting to keep his identity under wraps.

Ryoko fiddles with a control and his Warframe lights up. He walks over.

"I knew someday he'd cross a line." He says. "I never thought he'd drag others into it though."

Just now, kyrozon said:

"Got it."

Fell noticed that the Nyx was trying to create a few psychic bolts in her hand. He always loved it when someone was desperate enough to do something stupid like that. With a quick motion of his hand a weapon fragment punctured the warframe's hand and the underlying flesh of the person using it. The Nyx cried out in pain, she couldn't even try to pull the fragment out as it would end up with the piece of weaponry floating above her neck also puncturing her frame.

The form draws near and energy cascades over the Nyx. The woman in the scaled dress looks down at her.

"You." She said. "Should not have come here."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The form draws near and energy cascades over the Nyx. The woman in the scaled dress looks down at her.

"You." She said. "Should not have come here."

Fell took the energy going over the Nyx as a sign he didn't have to do anything anymore. Flicking his wrist the two weapon fragment floated away from the Nyx back to him. One had left a quite nasty hole in her hand. 

The Nyx didn't reply to Nemisis. She lifted her hand up to look at the hole in her hand and lowered it again, laughing.

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Fell took the energy going over the Nyx as a sign he didn't have to do anything anymore. Flicking his wrist the two weapon fragment floated away from the Nyx back to him. One had left a quite nasty hole in her hand. 

The Nyx didn't reply to Nemisis. She lifted her hand up to look at the hole in her hand and lowered it again, laughing.

Sai'ah raises her hand. The energy paralyzes the Nyx. Sai'ah motions and lifts the Acolyte, carrying her away. 

Tsun looks at you.

"If any doubted your allegiance they will not after they hear of this." He says.

Sai'ah raises her hand. The energy paralyzes the Nyx. Sai'ah motions and lifts the Acolyte, carrying her away. 

Tsun looks at you.

"If any doubted your allegiance they will not after they hear of this." He says.

Fell looks after Sai'ah carry the Nyx away.

"Heh that's a good thing... So what's going to happen with her anyway?"