The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"All Dreadnoughts engage that ship now!" Nina says.

The remaining Dreadnoughts turn towards the new ship, taking several hits from the Allied Dreadnoughts.

The new ship was fully glowing now, and it seemed to have become immobile. However, the speed of its barrages had increased, and it now had the fire support of the Paragon.

"Amazing! - Oh, um, appologies I was distracted." Ceda said as she reviewed the footage and scans of the Artillery shot that had decimated a large part of the corpus fleet.

Her voice returned after a brief moment. "Operator, Chancellor, you are nearing the Command central. The final door should be within 100 meters ahead, however I have detected it is locked and guarded by several bursas. I'll begin hacking the internal sensors, it should cause some beneficial confusion."

Luna cast a pulse that begun to overcharge their shields. And in between Gammacor-sweeps she said: "My weapon is almost ready to burst, it should help against the Bursas. But once they are disabled, are you able to guard me? I'll oversharge your suit if needed. A few Bursas on our side would make for a suitable defence against their reinforecements while we engage Nina."

Edited by Luthim
additions

2 hours ago, kyrozon said:

As soon as the bubble passes by Fell he let's his units reform. He looks after the Scrambus, knowing that his weaponry is useless against it and let's his soldiers fend off the other enemies.

"You know those two, Tsun?"

"The Angry one is the Chancellor." Tsun says. "As for the young one... no clue."

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

The ship's lights had paled for a brief moment before the sudden and violent folding of its rails. An intricate net of sustainable radiational glow emerged from behind the "rail ship's" rear engines. But the artillery ship didn't shoot a visually recognizable projectile or a beam... Judging by the energy used, it supposed to be a gigantic laser beam or something equally destructive, but still, there were nothing visible...

The projectile "shown" itself in three seconds after the shot. The invisible force began to utterly disintegrate each and every material vessel onto dust, junk and atoms within a certain radius on its way. Unfortunate small fighters that were retreating from the fight dematerialized as if they were but a pesky flies, while the larger vessels were milled to powder and niblets by linearly moving invisible force. 

The more advanced radiational and energy radars revealed the nature of this barrage: all the energy was used to generate a droplet-like 420 meters wide conventionally invisible gravitational anomaly of immense power that moved thrice as fast as an average heavy torpedo and left a mighty trace of radiation. The load was powerful enough to pop and grind smaller vessels within the 1000-1400 meters radius from the center of it's volatile "core". The most casual and probably accurate description would characterize this barrage as a moving black hole that used it's immense gravitation field to smash matter entities. 

The anomaly approached the hostile dreadnoughts...

Anyone familiar with Corpus ships would know that their plates where designed for intense impact, much the way a crocodile's jaws were designed to close with great force. The downside to this, and indeed the analogy of the crocodile stills holds, whats that less force was required to REMOVE said plates when applying an opposite force. Much like a crocodiles mouth could be held shut, the Dreadnoughts soon found themselves bereft of their external armor, and then their crews. 

In an event that would delight salvage crews, the wreckage left was simply a thick and dusty trail of metal motes. 

1 hour ago, Luthim said:

"Amazing! - Oh, um, appologies I was distracted." Ceda said as she reviewed the footage and scans of the Artillery shot that had decimated a large part of the corpus fleet.

Her voice returned after a brief moment. "Operator, Chancellor, you are nearing the Command central. The final door should be within 100 meters ahead, however I have detected it is locked and guarded by several bursas. I'll begin hacking the internal sensors, it should cause some beneficial confusion."

Luna cast a pulse that begun to overcharge their shields. And in between Gammacor-sweeps she said: "My weapon is almost ready to burst, it should help against the Bursas. But once they are disabled, are you able to guard me? I'll oversharge your suit if needed. A few Bursas on our side would make for a suitable defence against their reinforecements while we engage Nina."

As Melanie looks at the armored door Nina fled behind, she nods.

"Do it." She says. "Then tear down this door."

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

*She huffs* "So much for my shine..."

As the last external crewman falls, Hemet pops into view. A short moment later, a familiar sniper crewman lands on his feet, his rifle pointed at Hemet.

"Hemet, me old friend." He says. "I always told ye I'd get the drop on yeh one of these days."

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Ordis pinged Richard's HUD and switched his comm channel: someone had mentioned the words "retake" and "Citadel" in one phrase.

"Tak?  That you?" he asked as he dropped a Benevolent Decoy from the center of a group of three white Archons before kicking off from the floor again, tearing through an older-model Archon with a Phaedra, and flying out through the hole in the corner of the ceiling and wall.  "We've retaken about 70% of the above-ground Citadel, and the highest two floors are completely clear.  If you can get me an Obelisk that's at least a third of a meter in length I can finish the rest of the building, but we'll still need help to clear the underground levels.  We don't know how far they've made it down there, but since the turrets are still shooting at the bad guys, I'm gonna guess they haven't reached the Command Center yet."

"Obelisk inbound." Tak says. "But we need it to power the defenses. WTC troops have landed, contact them and meet up to retake the rest. We need that phoenix canon functional."

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

(( I'm back! ))

*She smiles and folds her arms* "You See?, Zaeed dearest?, he did all that, and this is his real body.."

*Zaeed sighs* "Shut..up..." "Where to now Alan?, how can we help?

Alan frowns.

"They seem armed with Corpus gear." He says. "Which means they haven't been able to access the weapons depot. So I'd say that's our next goal. Then rendezvous with the reclamation force."

1 hour ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

The new ship was fully glowing now, and it seemed to have become immobile. However, the speed of its barrages had increased, and it now had the fire support of the Paragon.

The remains of the attacking fleet turned their attention to the alied forces, trying to weave around the new ships shots.

As the troops began to celebrate a massive, spike-shaped ship broke from the void.

"Behold Ragnarok." Nina said. "Surrender your precious world, for if I cannot have it, then no one shall!"

The ship set itself on a collision course and began to gain speed, aiming for the planet.

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The Angry one is the Chancellor." Tsun says. "As for the young one... no clue."

"Okay..." Fell turned his attention away from the two to his soldiers. They where taking damage and he never had used the fragments in such a way. He had no idea if they could handle such pressure and what would happen if they break...

17 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Obelisk inbound." Tak says. "But we need it to power the defenses. WTC troops have landed, contact them and meet up to retake the rest. We need that phoenix canon functional."

"You got it.  I'll have this place clear by the time you get here."

32 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As the last external crewman falls, Hemet pops into view. A short moment later, a familiar sniper crewman lands on his feet, his rifle pointed at Hemet.

"Hemet, me old friend." He says. "I always told ye I'd get the drop on yeh one of these days."

*She sneaks around the back, and she fires a emp-arrow at his feet, it then explodes, she quickly swoops in, to grab him*

31 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Alan frowns.

"They seem armed with Corpus gear." He says. "Which means they haven't been able to access the weapons depot. So I'd say that's our next goal. Then rendezvous with the reclamation force."

"Copy that!" *He walks out with Nena, heading to that place*

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The remains of the attacking fleet turned their attention to the alied forces, trying to weave around the new ships shots.

As the troops began to celebrate a massive, spike-shaped ship broke from the void.

"Behold Ragnarok." Nina said. "Surrender your precious world, for if I cannot have it, then no one shall!"

The ship set itself on a collision course and began to gain speed, aiming for the planet.

The artillery ship began to pace away from the radiational field it generated upon a shot. The second reason its location change was an ancient artillerists main rule: shoot and run before the response flies back. 

"Any thoughts on how to disable this mastodont's engines without suicide-bombing?" Ceforus asked the rest of the captains "The Gungnir prototype won't be able to shoot another barrage in the nearest 180 seconds"

18 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The artillery ship began to pace away from the radiational field it generated upon a shot. The second reason its location change was an ancient artillerists main rule: shoot and run before the response flies back. 

"Any thoughts on how to disable this mastodont's engines without suicide-bombing?" Ceforus asked the rest of the captains "The Gungnir prototype won't be able to shoot another barrage in the nearest 180 seconds"

"Citadel can fire an EMP." Ryoko says. "Knock out the power. Short of that...."

40 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Okay..." Fell turned his attention away from the two to his soldiers. They where taking damage and he never had used the fragments in such a way. He had no idea if they could handle such pressure and what would happen if they break...

The Resistance Cell moves forward.

"We need to get to Communications." The commander says. "If we can get there we can jam a whole lot more."

21 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

"Copy that!" *He walks out with Nena, heading to that place*

You find the entrace barricaded. Older styled Archons are standing outside, trying to batter down the door. Gunfire is coming from inside, and you catch flashes of white.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Resistance Cell moves forward.

"We need to get to Communications." The commander says. "If we can get there we can jam a whole lot more."

Fell and the soldiers moved along with the Cell

Änd where exactly would that be located?"

25 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*She sneaks around the back, and she fires a emp-arrow at his feet, it then explodes, she quickly swoops in, to grab him*

He raises his hands as you grab him.

"Hemet..." He says. "You found another partner?"

He sounds mildly hurt.

Just now, kyrozon said:

Fell and the soldiers moved along with the Cell

Änd where exactly would that be located?"

"Just ahead." He says. "We were enroute when we got pinned down. Thank goodness you showed up."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You find the entrace barricaded. Older styled Archons are standing outside, trying to batter down the door. Gunfire is coming from inside, and you catch flashes of white.

*He clicks his pistols* Archons?..are you allies or hostiles?, we just..got attacked by your own units, whats back there?.." *He says, keeping his hands gripped on his pistols, Nena stays behind him, readying her orbs*

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He raises his hands as you grab him.

"Hemet..." He says. "You found another partner?"

He sounds mildly hurt.

*She frowns, checking him for other weapons, she has her ballistic, pointed to his helmet* "Drop the Rifle, Hemet, who is this?..." *She rises a brow* "Partner?" 

2 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*He clicks his pistols* Archons?..are you allies or hostiles?, we just..got attacked by your own units, whats back there?.." *He says, keeping his hands gripped on his pistols, Nena stays behind him, readying her orbs*

The Archons respond by dropping the battering ram and turning on you, drawing Serra staffs.