Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Slowing Game

thr33hunnitTrue

Question

In a mission I get anywhere from 150-300 fps constant, but the second I plug my Xbox One controller in, the game has constant lag spikes and short freezes, and the fps drops below 30 constant. My controller is a Power-A Spectra without headphone jack, and I plug it into a USB 2.0 port. The controller has no problems with my Xbox One, and the problem isn't to do with my USB ports because the same thing happens in all of them. Also, my computer is running Windows 10, and I get that 150-300 fps without my controller plugged in with settings maxed at 1080p, so I don't see how this could be a power problem. What am I doing wrong? Or is there no way to fix this? I haven't been able to find anyone online with the same problem.

Edited by thr33hunnitTrue

7 answers to this question

Windows 10 may be your problem. I also play with a controller and get a 130 fps average, with 200 being the better side, but I'm on Windows 8 and have zero issues with my FPS (until Infested levels. Damn things kill my framerate). Do you use a separate program to run the controller software? If you do, check and see if you actually need it. Windows 8 has it built in, so I assume W10 does as well. 

5 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

What even is your computer that it gets 300 FPS?

on a slightly more related note does your controller do this in other games or just warframe

I have a Core i3 3220 and a GTX 680, 300 fps is the top end of what my frame rate spikes to, it's usually around 150, but it constantly changes while playing of course. My computer is nothing special. The only other game I have played with the controller is Just Cause 2, and it doesn't affect that game, or at least it does so little I can't tell.

4 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Windows 10 may be your problem. I also play with a controller and get a 130 fps average, with 200 being the better side, but I'm on Windows 8 and have zero issues with my FPS (until Infested levels. Damn things kill my framerate). Do you use a separate program to run the controller software? If you do, check and see if you actually need it. Windows 8 has it built in, so I assume W10 does as well. 

No special software, just plug the controller in and it works like for you.

4 hours ago, UltimateGrr said:

Is there a monitor that even displays 300 fps?

Hz or Hertz is what you're thinking of, and no, there are no 300hz monitors. Fps and Hz are separate. For example, I play Warframe at around 150 fps the majority of the time, but my monitor is only 60hz which is standard.