Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aiming, jumping, shooting, and damage

DEATHLOK

Question

I read a bit about Maneuvers at the Wiki, but was unable to find the answers I needed. Please help.

I'm on PC.

• Look Sensitivity
  • Aim Sensitivity
  • Aim Sensitivity (Scoped)

As you're simply moving about, not pressing the right mouse button, the sensitivity is controlled by Look Sensitivity. As soon as you press the right mouse button—with most weapons—the sensitivity is governed by Aim Sensitivity. When you press the right mouse button while using something with a scope, such as a sniper rifle, sensitivity is determined by Aim Sensitivity (Scoped). Please tell me if this is wrong.

So what happens when you're flying through the air and press the right mouse button, shifting into a "slow-motion" mode of aerial locomotion? What is this called? What controls the mouse sensitivity them? I've found it difficult to move the mouse fast and far enough to aim sufficiently during these maneuvers. There appear to be mods that affect this "bullet-time" flight, but what do they do, exactly?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to do more damage with melee attacks managed while flying though the air (apart from the bullet-time" just described). Does this work with firearms and thrown weapons, as well? Do these inflict greater damage when the warframe is airborn? If so, does this happen with crouch-jumping, double-jumping, or the "bullet-time" jumps, above?

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

I would be inclined to think that when aim gliding (that's what the "bullet time" thing is called BTW), it would be affected by aim sensitivity, as you must aim to be in that state. The mods that affect aim glide increase the duration you can maintain it at one time. The reason melee does more damage in the air is because the air melee attack is its own special attack that does more damage than a normal attack, not because of any damage multipliers inherent to being in the air, as those aren't a thing.

The "slow mo" jump is called Aim Glide and it uses your ADS sensitivity. Being able to shoot accurately while doing this is why my mouse sensitivity is cranked up so high. 

Melee attacks in air will be a different "type" then just a normal ground attack, you can read the damage for various attack types (slide, slam, wall, etc) off the weapon when you're modding it. As far as I know, there's no "aerial" multiplier per se, just air attacks do a different, larger amount of damage. So firearm damage will not be affected at all by maneuvers (although practically DPS will often be lower as it's harder to keep weapons aimed perfectly). 

the same 'Aim Sensitivity' is what governs your Camera movement while Aim Gliding.

Weapons do not do increased Damage just for being in the air.
the only mechanics here is performing Melee Attacks while Wallrunning/Wall latch, where you will do a different type of Melee Attack that has a Damage Multiplier (just like Ground Smashes, Ground Finishers, Et Cetera have extra Multipliers).
performing a Melee Attack(while looking up-ish) after jumping into the air performs a different Melee Attack, specifically for hitting Enemies in the air. as well as Slide Attacks, but these can be performed on the ground as well as in the air.

Edited by taiiat