Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary or Guardian first, or does it matter?

Maeglin73

Question

I've recently started applying formas to my Carrier Prime, and trying to figure out where Sanctuary should go.

My current precept order looks like this:
Guardian
Vacuum
Striker
Regen (activates on death, so nothing else should be happening to disable it)

The wiki mentions putting Sanctuary in the first or second slot, to avoid it being disabled by higher priority precepts, but I'm wondering whether or not I should put it before Guardian. My reasoning is that Sanctuary puts up a shield around the area while reviving (sheild health of 1137 at rank 5 when combined with my rank 8 Calculated Redir), which might give my personal shield time to regenerate anyway. On the other hand, if the shield replenish from Guardian is instant then Sanctuary could go second without problems.

4 answers to this question

I understand the wiki's comment about not starting up sanctuary while using another ability, but I don't see why precept order would matter. Sanctuary triggers by starting to revive. If the sentinel is not using an ability nothing would stop it from using Sanctuary. If it's already using an ability nothing would have stopped it from using the ability because you were not reviving yet at the time it checked precept order...

I'm gonna say it's probably just old info.

I run Vacuum / Guardian / Sanctuary and don't use Striker (so Carrier doesn't get himself killed drawing aggro). I've never noticed Sanctuary fail to activate.

Ah ok, thanks. I'll just forma again to add more capacity, which I was going to do anyway, but won't bother with swapping slot polarities.

I keep Striker at unranked, since the rank only determines at what proximity it triggers, and that seems to work well for me. I haven't had a problem yet of it drawing aggro.

From my experience mod placement definitely matters. Mods seem to take higher priority from top left to bottom right. I have all of my sentinels fully forma with maxed mods. It's really noticeble with some sentinels like diriga and its arc coil. I also noticed it with vacuum when I place it in lower priority spots. I have not noticed much of an issue with sanctuary though and I usually place it on some of the lower priority spots. If you want guardian to proc more reliably definitely put it on one of the higher priority slots.

Edited by S0V3REiGN