Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think I cracked destiny's main story

Ibro156

Okay, I know everyone is either pissed at Bungie or salty but you clicked on this, so I will tell.

So Traveller is called by many names but the two main ones are "Great Machine" and the "Traveller". Back story for why he is called "Great Machine", is because the Traveller came from the Fallen's home planet. As he had used them, destroyed they're world by using Darkness, taken Fallen's memories and leaving them behind on there planet. The Traveller had left the Fallen's Solar system and entered the Milk away, leaving itself dormant on Mars till the three astronauts discovered it.

Within this unknown gap between the Astronauts discovering it till the Golden age. The Traveller had bestowed its knowledge, technolgy and peace to the people to help in Humanity's progress. During this time, mankind's lifespan had tripled (meaning average person can live up to 200 years).

During the Golden Age, the Warminds were created for each planets of the Solar system to safeguard them from threats and most of protecting Humanity. The Warminds were created by four Scientist. During there time on Venus, they made a place called Ishtar Academy, where they had discovered the Vault of Glass (Vex raid/stronghold). They had seen what the Vex of capable off. The Vex were able to create about 200 realistic simulation that was happening at sametime. After discovering the Vault of Glass, the four Scientist had enter Vault of Glass, they were soon attacked and overwhelmed. Being lost in time forever, but one of them had escaped going mental from what she had seen. The Warmind of Earth, Rasputin had received data from Warmind on Venus which helped him in creating a drug to ease the pain of his Master, but she still toke her own life and leaving behind Future War Cult to prevent from this happening again.

After few years, the Darkness had attacked. During this time, a great battle was happening in Twilight gap between the Fallen and Iron Lords. The battle was won for Guardians, but they had lost massive amount of lives, planets and technology to the Darkness. Rasputin had changed his base coding from protecting Humanity from the threat to making sure they survival for as a long time goal. In doing so he went into stand by mode still aware and awake but doing nothing, leaving Earth defenceless. In doing so, mankind was on the brink of extinction. The Traveller had try to leave Earth just like what it did with the Fallens. But the Traveller was shot by Rasputin in doing so (seeing that massive crack), the Traveller in his dying breath created the Ghost to revived dead Guardians to help to protect city. Rasputin did the same, he created a Exo machine called Cayde which would act as the Hunter's Vanguard double agent. This is seen how he easily given access to war bunker on Earth on some many occasions.

During progression through the story. A Guardian had met a Exo Stranger without a Ghost, who was a able to teleport. She had helped the Guardian in finding the Vex "Darkness", but she was still as cryptic as before. In the Grimoire, it seems she had a discussion with Rasputin. He was intrigued as she was able to "step", meaning time travelling. Rasputin does not trust the Guardians or Vanguard, yet he trusts the Exo Stranger. 

Quickly, changing subjects. Apparently to Fallen the Guardians are seen as "Darkness", as occasionally, a Dreg would get surprised and say "THE DARKNESS". Its also seen in several other Grimoire cards, how the Black garden as a "dead thing, revived from the dead by a dying power and you should not be here where life is created". Additionally, in of the cards. When the Guardian is revived from death he was given orders to kill. He even killed people from his past who he loved. So it safe to assume the Guardians are the bad guys.

That's all I have. So what you think?

Edited by Ibro156

Guardians weren't around in the golden age. As the traveler died, it released the ghosts, to revive the dead that were deemed worthy of being humanity's protectors.

Guardians could not kill people from their past, as they've been dead for hundreds of years.

But the story of the traveler being evil was supposedly the story before the game was released, but was thrown out the window with the new story team to make it more "child friendly"

Edit - I don't play destiny anymore for one reason: It doesn't have Suda in it!

Edited by (XB1)Sunbreaker VII

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Sunbreaker VII said:

But the story of the traveler being evil was supposedly the story before the game was released, but was thrown out the window with the new story team to make it more "child friendly"

Screw that. The story was actually f*cking good. Until the main writer left, halo music guy got sacked and lead concept artist just recently left.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Sunbreaker VII said:

Edit - I don't play destiny anymore for one reason: It doesn't have Suda in it!

Neither do I. Am just waiting for next major DLC. The Iron Lords DLC, they giving Iron Ghorn as a preorder edition.

1 minute ago, Ibro156 said:

Neither do I. Am just waiting for next major DLC. The Iron Lords DLC, they giving Iron Ghorn as a preorder edition.

I haven't actually seen much about that, isn't it going to be free? I don't care ether way if I get a year 2 Ghorn! Still, the lack of Suda in this game saddens me.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Sunbreaker VII said:

I haven't actually seen much about that, isn't it going to be free? I don't care ether way if I get a year 2 Ghorn! Still, the lack of Suda in this game saddens me.

Just now, (XB1)Sunbreaker VII said:

Okay, cool. How much is it going to cost me, then?

And how long until the stream?

Have no clue but if i had to take a guess, I think Wednesday, seeing bungie always do streams on that day

I think its neat!

I always felt that the Traveler was the darkness and I was fighting for the wrong side. But my question, why are we consumed by Darkness if we work for it?

I revisited new content and I can say its still fun to play. The shooting and melee is always very addicting.

10 minutes ago, Gamer3548 said:

Why is this a trending topic in the WARFRAME forums?

Because its off topics, so I can.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I think its neat!

I always felt that the Traveler was the darkness and I was fighting for the wrong side. But my question, why are we consumed by Darkness if we work for it?

I revisited new content and I can say its still fun to play. The shooting and melee is always very addicting.

I didn't revisited the new content yet, am planning to today. So I can get ready for next DLC.

30 minutes ago, Gamer3548 said:

Why is this a trending topic in the WARFRAME forums?

Because off-topic is the best subforum and every topic can hit frontpage if there are enough replies. There was a thread about erotic warframe fanfictions about a month ago. It hit frontpage and was closed and hidden soon after.

From the Broken King expansion, and the shards you collect, it reveals that the hive encountered the traveler long ago, it having enhanced their celestial neighbors. The dark being the hive made a pact with for strength seemed to hold some dislike for the traveler.

So the Traveler is implied to genuinely be a being concerned with uplifting other societies. It seems likely that the darkness is the being that empowered the hive, and used them to drive off the traveler. The traveler then likely encountered the other races. The vex worshiped it, and the fallen became totally dependent. Each time the Hive caught up to the traveler and it fled. The vex turned their worship to the being that caused the traveler to flee (the darkness) and the fallen were so dependent on the traveler that his absence destroyed their society. All 3 races then pursued the Traveler to earth. However, the traveler decided to fight, rather than flee, with man at its side. The hive followed the will of the darkness. The vex wished to take the travelers power and create a new, darker god. The fallen wish to salvage something of their former greatness.

Thats what ive gotten from the various codex intels.

Edited by chaotea

17 minutes ago, chaotea said:

From the Broken Knig expansion, and the shards you collect, it reveals that the hive encountered the traveler long ago, it having enhanced their celestial neighbors. The dark being the hive made a pact with for strength seemed to hold some dislike for the traveler.

So the Traveler is implied to genuinely be a being concerned with uplifting other societies. It seems likely that the darkness is the being that empowered the hive, and used them to drive off the traveler. The traveler then likely encountered the other races. The vex worshiped it, and the fallen became totally dependent. Each time the Hive caught up to the traveler and it fled. The vex turned their worship to the being that caused the traveler to flee (the darkness) and the fallen were so dependent on the traveler that his absence destroyed their society. All 3 races then pursued the Traveler to earth. However, the traveler decided to fight, rather than flee, with man at its side. The hive followed the will of the darkness. The vex wished to take the travelers power and create a new, darker god. The fallen wish to salvage something of their former greatness.

Thats what ive gotten from the various codex intels.

100% correct. Good job.