Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host aborting Public missions

TheSteelRat

Question

I was Doing some Eris Exterminate, trying to scan the Runners for simarus.  I figured I could hook up with some others cthat are farming juggernaught.  The problem is, if i join a gain mid mission, i wont get a Simarus target, so I have to hope they are willing to do a second mission

In the mission there were Less then 90 targets, and the Juggernaught roared rather late after about 50 kills.  one crawler got stuck below some junk at the bottom of a tile and we had a hard time getting it out, by the time we killed it the juggernaught moved on.  The host swore in chat, then aborted.  I got stuck with a "Host migration screen" and after it failed went back to my Liset without getting anyhting.

Yea i know, go invite only and solve my problems.

But do people realize when they host, and abort a public game it causes so much trouble for everyone else?

Maybe a good idea is for DE to put in a prompt when you abort saying "You are the host, if you leave now it might cause connection issues for other players, do you still want to do it?"

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately, A lot of times that kind of thing happens, It's done on purpose. It makes the farm a little quicker, if you don't get the mod, or parts, or resources you are trying for, a lot just quit and try again. Shaves a few minutes off. Most of the guys that are doing it that way would just push "Yes I want to do it".

I understand the frustration, but I don't think that'll help much. They do realize it, and do it anyways. I think fixing some stuff with the host migration could solve the problem a little better. It should have switched hosts instead of kicking you back to your liset

Edited by Mutt2679
spelling

Not all Host Migrations are due to an intentional abort.  I've experienced my host dropping due to bad connection or spontaneous internet loss, due to a child playing with cords.  Hek, I've been host and lost connection due to the fires in my area last year. 

But I do think that some kind of pop up notifying someone that they're about to bork up to 3 other people would be nice.  Not everyone is aware of the issues that causes.