Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt s Discharge confuzzles me

thegamer118

Question

So what confuses me about Discharge is that there is 2 different durations in the ability and what it does, but the wiki doesn t explain the duration of the effect and the duration of the power, because in the sortie today for the defense i used volt and i modded for duration and range and i left out powerstrengh, i looked at the numbers and i see 18 secs for the effect, but 4 secs for the power duration, and it s not explain which of these 2 does what, because in the defense i ulted and like the infested would get stunned like normal, and then they would start to move again while the duration is still counting down on the hud, there was some mobs being stunned but what about the bunch of mods in front of me ?

So like what does the effect duration and power duration do because i can t see what they both define 

2 answers to this question

Iirc the effect is how long it takes for self damage to set in. So you cast discharge then after 4 seconds the enemy takes the skills dmg to itself.

The arc dmg deals 50% of the total dmg to surrounding enemies. So if you have say 10 seconds on ability and 4 seconds on effect only 6 seconds will deal self damage while the arc damage will deal damage the entire time.

You're gonna want anywhere between 100-130% duration for it to do what you want it to.

If the enemies take the health dmg listed in the skill from the skill they break out of the stun.

My suggestion is to max the range, max the str, and then get duration to about 100%+ with a primed continuity. Ignore all logic and only use Streamline even with a maxed Blind Rage. YOu have a huge energy pool and the ability has a huge cast radius so efficiency isnt an issue with Volt. It's personally your own preference but I like to use Capacitance now unless Im in an infested mission. This gives Volt a bit survivability boost for himself and allies.

Edited by rawr1254