Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cheapest way to get Frost Prime

(XBOX)Sunbreaker VII

Question

As the title suggests, I'd like to know the cheapest method of acquiring a frost prime set.

I currently have roughly 550 platinum with a steady income from syndicate mods and void farming.
I know I'd be looking to spend about 1K+, but would it be better to buy the set, or hunt down the individual blueprints?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Also, roughly how much would each individual blueprint cost?

Edited by (XB1)Sunbreaker VII

3 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

I know you are joking, so ill hold all of my expletives to describe my distaste for all that....... youthful enthusiastic "end game"

My apology. I forgot that some people are not into those aspects of Warframe. I like this game, so I try to find ways to keep chugging along or else I will be one of those people posting complaint threads left and right.

57 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Thats a tough question to answer. All I can do is shed some light from a founder's perspective with ~2400 hrs in the game. Personally I have never bought anything from anybody for platinum. I dont even really trade unless im just giving something away, usually to a clan member. The only things in the game that you can't buy with credits, are cosmetic items.

Im not really into the whole cosmetic thing to begin with (floaty scarfs are not very appealing to me), so the platinum from stuff ive sold usually went to a few color packs, maybe a skin here or there, slots for weapons and frames, and perhaps a few other minor things. In all honesty, I dont really even use the platinum that Ive acquired over the years. Im still sitting on around 4k.

I suppose I could be more efficient with its use by using it on newer content like the last vauban part I still need. I can surely afford it, but then Id have nothing left to do. At least right now I have something to work towards and keep me busy. So my plat sits there for a rainy day i guess.

I can appreciate that. I know I need to spend it on slots, maybe a potato here and there. I seem to have enough colours for now, although I may buy a few more palettes down the line. I'd never buy anything available to me in game, as obviously that takes the fun out of the game.
But I would say that platinum trading is fun itself, and a long term goal gives me something to work towards. Much like grinding for prime parts, but in a different way.
So what then can I get that is not available to me? Vaulted primes seems like a good idea from a completionist perspective.

What vaulted primes are there? Frost, Ember, Mag, Rhino and Loki? Any I'm missing?
I've got the latter two already, Rhino prime being my go-to frame for just about everything.

Edited by (XB1)Sunbreaker VII

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Sunbreaker VII said:

I can appreciate that. I know I need to spend it on slots, maybe a potato here and there. I seem to have enough colours for now, although I may buy a few more palettes down the line. I'd never buy anything available to me in game, as obviously that takes the fun out of the game.
But I would say that platinum trading is fun itself, and a long term goal gives me something to work towards. Much like grinding for prime parts, but in a different way.
So what then can I get that is not available to me? Vaulted primes seems like a good idea from a completionist perspective.

You sound like me. There are Arcane Helmets (e.g. Arcane Vanguard, Arcane Chorus, Arcane etc.) that are no longer in the game and can only be traded among players. There are a limited supply of them. All of them have a +stats as well as a -stats boost/debuff. Think corrupted helmet. The pricing on these depends on the "hype" and stats included on each.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

You sound like me. There are Arcane Helmets (e.g. Arcane Vanguard, Arcane Chorus, Arcane etc.) that are no longer in the game and can only be traded among players. There are a limited supply of them. All of them have a +stats as well as a -stats boost/debuff. Think corrupted helmet. The pricing on these depends on the "hype" and stats included on each.

I haven't really gotten into arcane stuff yet, but when I get into them properly, I'm sure those helmets would be great to work towards. Thanks.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Sunbreaker VII said:

I haven't really gotten into arcane stuff yet, but when I get into them properly, I'm sure those helmets would be great to work towards. Thanks.

Actually yeah, the original arcane helms are a great collection piece to set your goals on. You definitely cannot get those anymore except for trading.

2 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

My apology. I forgot that some people are not into those aspects of Warframe. I like this game, so I try to find ways to keep chugging along or else I will be one of those people posting complaint threads left and right.

In all honesty, I say that with tongue in cheek. Im not for "fashion frame" or whatever else, but Id never knock somebody for something they enjoy. But all that aside, there is the actual problem. Im not saying it wouldnt be a thing otherwise, but the lack of actual or substantive end game content (which was a massive issue being presented within the first year) drives the focus and pass time of individuals to something that can be referred to as meme-like. Just like your response to my post, an unknowing player might say "haha, thats funny. So whats the real end game?", to which there is no real answer and here we are three years later.

7 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Actually yeah, the original arcane helms are a great collection piece to set your goals on. You definitely cannot get those anymore except for trading.

In all honesty, I say that with tongue in cheek. Im not for "fashion frame" or whatever else, but Id never knock somebody for something they enjoy. But all that aside, there is the actual problem. Im not saying it wouldnt be a thing otherwise, but the lack of actual or substantive end game content (which was a massive issue being presented within the first year) drives the focus and pass time of individuals to something that can be referred to as meme-like. Just like your response to my post, an unknowing player might say "haha, thats funny. So whats the real end game?", to which there is no real answer and here we are three years later.

I do agree with the lack of any semblance of substantial content. The fact that I do enjoy playing Warframe that I've been able to put up with it for the last 2 years. Maybe my time is coming to an end also if there are no/slow progress. DE continuously release "new" weapons and frames, but I don't consider those types of content "meaty". Being Free2Play I can understand such behavior/bussiness tactics but if the contents no longer interest me, then I will move on.

I apologize to the OP for thread jacking and derailing. 

Cheapest? wait til it is unvaulted

Otherwise, Just spend weeks trying to find a good price for each part, or a set.  Eventually you will find someone who is willing to settle on a lower price just to get the plat

The problem with the method of finding parts is the one part that was rarest to find ends up being the most expensive... and pretty much drives the price of the whole  set.  if you can find what that one part was, and get it cheap, the rest should be easy to find

8 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

I do agree with the lack of any semblance of substantial content. The fact that I do enjoy playing Warframe that I've been able to put up with it for the last 2 years. Maybe my time is coming to an end also if there are no/slow progress. DE continuously release "new" weapons and frames, but I don't consider those types of content "meaty". Being Free2Play I can understand such behavior/bussiness tactics but if the contents no longer interest me, then I will move on.

I apologize to the OP for thread jacking and derailing. 

Thats also a big part of the problem. All this "new content" is just fluff and shiny things to encourage micro transactions. I understand the business model, but i feel like they are not focusing enough in more important areas.

Its difficult to post about that topic without really bringing this on a tangent, or sounding biased