Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strongest mele weapon

(PSN)mjo0od127

Question

8 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Nope.

At higher levels Slash with status chance is better than anything else. Due to how armour scaling works the Ichors will be left behind in no time. That's incidentally also the reason why Scindo Prime still kills faster than War when levels start to scale.

That's also incidentally the reason why Lacera is one of the most insane melees in the game if you can get an attack speed boost. 100% Corrosive procs will make you do upwards of 20/40x the damage of other melees at higher levels.

The only weapon that can currently compete with a Slash heavy proc based weapon as far as damage goes is the Fragor Prime due to its ridiculous crit chance and damage.

If you want to look at the heaven of melees, here's a list:

• Scindo Prime
  • Nikana Prime
  • Fragor Prime
  • Prisma Dual Cleavers / Dual Kamas Prime (roughly equivalent)
  • Any single dagger with Ash / Ivara
  • Lacera / Mios

Unless you have a portable and constant armour remover on your hands (and only Trinity works in that respect, with Ash and Banshee almost maing the cut but not quite) those are far superior to anything else. Armour is the S#&$ at higher levels, if you're not procing finisher damage on level 170+ you'll do close to zero damage regardless of the weapon you're using.

EDIT: Ichors btw are slower than Kamas (1.1 vs 1.17). On top of that Kamas also get higher range, and twice as much slide attack damage.

^^^ This. Exactly this. I don´t even use anything else on really high levels other than Nikana P. / Prisma Dual Cleavers due to Slash Procs.

22 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

That's also incidentally the reason why Lacera is one of the most insane melees in the game if you can get an attack speed boost. 100% Corrosive procs will make you do upwards of 20/40x the damage of other melees at higher levels.

If you want to look at the heaven of melees, here's a list:

• Scindo Prime
  • Nikana Prime
  • Fragor Prime
  • Prisma Dual Cleavers / Dual Kamas Prime (roughly equivalent)
  • Any single dagger with Ash / Ivara
  • Lacera / Mios

Of that list, I have the items in bold.  I would like to thank you for resparking my interest in the Lacera.  I always planned to use it again but was sidetracked by the awesome Nikana Prime.  I just went in game to check out the Lacera with the newer mods I've gotten since I last equipped it.  All I have to say is.....DAMN!  It has status for days.  A speed boost does make it much better than the stats would lead you to believe.  

On the issue of the heavy swords War and Galatine.  I have to go with the Galatine over War because of the slash damage.  Even though the War has slightly higher base damage.  It is easier to make the War attack faster than it is for the Galatine.