Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some help with Platinum

KuraioNokami

Question

Now, I know plat isn't a necessity, but I'm going to ask this anyway.

Seeing as I'm always out of everything and never have access to a computer when the Gifts from the Lotus come around, I thought I could grind for things to sell. however, I just can't find the time to sit down and grind for hours on end. so, what is easy to grind (In comparison to everything else sellable for its price) and sells for 20-30 plat or higher? I would appreciate any tips. 

DISCLAIMER: Don't give me that 'You need to make time to grind' BS, I know. I just want to know how I can use said time most efficiently. After all, efficiency is important.

Edited by KuraioNokami

20 answers to this question

Frame sets, rare mods, stance mods, etc. and maybe a fair bit of market manipulation.

If you're only going to get and peddle away parts, you'll want to learn what is in demand and where to get it. You could try looking for the things people want in general and collect them to resell to others at a premium. It will make you look terrible, but this game has a free market to do as you please.

3 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Frame sets, rare mods, stance mods, etc. and maybe a fair bit of market manipulation.

If you're only going to get and peddle away parts, you'll want to learn what is in demand and where to get it. You could try looking for the things people want in general and collect them to resell to others at a premium. It will make you look terrible, but this game has a free market to do as you please.

I AM terrible, so that doesn't matter to me XD. Thanks for the tip though. It helps.

Just now, Teloch said:

Some derelict mods sells for 10-15

Syndicate guns are in incredible demand, fetching 20-25 per a secondary and 30-40 per a primary.

Derelict... Eh.

Syndicate guns are a good one, though. Thanks, Teloch. That helps.

My suggestion is to do various void missions - just look at the recruit chat for someone announcing that they are hosting whatever void mission type you most prefer - this way you'll save your key, and get a free run. These people are often looking for some rare part in particular. Once it drops (or they run out of keys or get bored), they'll stop running. Voila, you now have (likely) the rarest part of said set. Alternatively, a rare part of some other set might drop. Once you have the rarest part of the set, grinding for the easier parts is relatively quick, allowing you to sell the whole set at a relatively good price (depending on the set). THIS, in my opinion, is much more friendly on your sanity, than trying to grind a specific rare part "because you have the rest of the set already", because the drop rates are something like "one per 18 runs on avarage".

Alternatively, grind cash IRL and transform it into plats.

OR! Buy the humble bundle for 1 dollar (or something like that): https://www.humblebundle.com/e3-digital-ticket You'll get 75 plat plus 240 plat worth of boosters for it, making it a very good deal (plus! Free games/stuff for other games too!)

3 minutes ago, Tomppak said:

My suggestion is to do various void missions - just look at the recruit chat for someone announcing that they are hosting whatever void mission type you most prefer - this way you'll save your key, and get a free run. These people are often looking for some rare part in particular. Once it drops (or they run out of keys or get bored), they'll stop running. Voila, you now have (likely) the rarest part of said set. Alternatively, a rare part of some other set might drop. Once you have the rarest part of the set, grinding for the easier parts is relatively quick, allowing you to sell the whole set at a relatively good price (depending on the set). THIS, in my opinion, is much more friendly on your sanity, than trying to grind a specific rare part "because you have the rest of the set already", because the drop rates are something like "one per 18 runs on avarage".

Alternatively, grind cash IRL and transform it into plats.

OR! Buy the humble bundle for 1 dollar (or something like that): https://www.humblebundle.com/e3-digital-ticket You'll get 75 plat plus 240 plat worth of boosters for it, making it a very good deal (plus! Free games/stuff for other games too!)

I'll just ignore that advertisement and reply to this. It is quite a good tip, TBH. too bad it's all keyshares in the recruiting chat and I never have the right keys...

14 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Arcanes are never going to be close to possible for me, i'm afraid. the prime parts are a good idea, though.

well, prime parts are the real money, if you get a rare piece. my advice on this topic:

don't be afraid to sell the newest primes, even if you don't have a copy for yourself. prices will drop, so the sooner you sell, the better. if they drop below half of your initial selling price, you might even buy it back, and keep half of the plat - also, i've sold all of my vauban parts, because i have nowhere near 7k oxium (built a grattler, now i have ~3k)

also, do you have maxed the mods you want? selling maxed prime mods is a good business, but idk if there's demand for them - maybe selling them unranked is a better option (and you'll have plenty of ducat fodders if hunting for the newest primes)

Just now, Krumplifej said:

well, prime parts are the real money, if you get a rare piece. my advice on this topic:

don't be afraid to sell the newest primes, even if you don't have a copy for yourself. prices will drop, so the sooner you sell, the better. if they drop below half of your initial selling price, you might even buy it back, and keep half of the plat - also, i've sold all of my vauban parts, because i have nowhere near 7k oxium (built a grattler, now i have ~3k)

also, do you have maxed the mods you want? selling maxed prime mods is a good business, but idk if there's demand for them - maybe selling them unranked is a better option (and you'll have plenty of ducat fodders if hunting for the newest primes)

I don't even have any Primed mods maxed. hell, I'm having trouble maxing most Corrupted mods and damage mods, let alone Primed ones!

The parts are quite a good idea, but RNGsus tends to f*ck with me and make me use 50 keys without result. so there's that. but it is still a good tip nontheless.

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

I don't even have any Primed mods maxed. hell, I'm having trouble maxing most Corrupted mods and damage mods, let alone Primed ones!

The parts are quite a good idea, but RNGsus tends to f*ck with me and make me use 50 keys without result. so there's that. but it is still a good tip nontheless.

well, if you don1t have good luck, its ducat fodders then.

Baro brings rare stances too (like tempo royale) from time to time, stock up when he does, wait for the prices to climb back up (the prices usually drop when baro brings it) and sell

11 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

well, if you don1t have good luck, its ducat fodders then.

Baro brings rare stances too (like tempo royale) from time to time, stock up when he does, wait for the prices to climb back up (the prices usually drop when baro brings it) and sell

Good point, actually. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, ashrah said:

wait for plat discount buy some if u dont have much time its really not big deal....and sell some mods run spy missions on pluto u can alwayes sell mods u get there 10-15p...

I'm horrible at Spy missions, even as Ivara... so yeah.

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

I wasn't intending to be rude, but if I was, my apologies.

You weren't rude, no worries. As said, the deal is actually really great, the warframe pack in it is just icing on the cake - also, if you have a friend who's bought the deal but doesn't play WF, you can ask them if they could give you the warframe code from it.

As for the keyshares - Keyshares are good as well, but my suggestion wasn't regarding them - if you take a moment to read the recruiting chat as it rolls, there are a lot of keyshares, but there are also non-keyshare runs mixed in, in there - typically the lower tier missions, T1, T2, but occasionally some T3's as well, typically when people have lots of keys, but the mission isn't fun/as easy solo as it is with a group (sabotages, mobiles, defenses, survivals usually). The point was, anyway, to get a (random) rare part, and then grind the set around it, instead of deciding on a prime item, and then grinding for it.

Also, corrupted mods. I know you already kinda dismissed the derelict missions, but get a group of friends together and join up in Teamspeak/Skype/something else. They are usually pretty quick and easy with a friendly group, and certain mods are always in demand and fetch a good price.

Running void sabotages is also beneficial because they give lots of prime junk in relatively short time, which you can turn into ducats, which you can turn into baro's mods, which you can, in turn, sell at relatively good prices.

1 minute ago, Tomppak said:

You weren't rude, no worries. As said, the deal is actually really great, the warframe pack in it is just icing on the cake - also, if you have a friend who's bought the deal but doesn't play WF, you can ask them if they could give you the warframe code from it.

As for the keyshares - Keyshares are good as well, but my suggestion wasn't regarding them - if you take a moment to read the recruiting chat as it rolls, there are a lot of keyshares, but there are also non-keyshare runs mixed in, in there - typically the lower tier missions, T1, T2, but occasionally some T3's as well, typically when people have lots of keys, but the mission isn't fun/as easy solo as it is with a group (sabotages, mobiles, defenses, survivals usually). The point was, anyway, to get a (random) rare part, and then grind the set around it, instead of deciding on a prime item, and then grinding for it.

Also, corrupted mods. I know you already kinda dismissed the derelict missions, but get a group of friends together and join up in Teamspeak/Skype/something else. They are usually pretty quick and easy with a friendly group, and certain mods are always in demand and fetch a good price.

Running void sabotages is also beneficial because they give lots of prime junk in relatively short time, which you can turn into ducats, which you can turn into baro's mods, which you can, in turn, sell at relatively good prices.

Okay, four points, three good and one bad.

The bad point: I don't have friends. sure, I have people I play the game with. but they have even less time than I do...

The good points:

Void sabotages are quite the good missions for this, indeed. thank you for confirming that for me.

T1-2 missions are also good for Ducats. I just never saw them being ran up till now.

I like survivals. If people run survivals with others from the recruiting chat, that's good.

2 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

I'm horrible at Spy missions, even as Ivara... so yeah.

than wen u have time do 1 t4suv solo 30-40 min  u get at least 3 prime part.... and sell it 5-10 plat who cares... just to get fast plat^