The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Family accounts on your console and trading? Father's Day dilemma,

(PSN)FriendSharkey

I asked this question in Players Helping Players a few months ago, got some answers from the community, nothing concrete from support (could have missed it), or officials like Danielle. 

So here's the gist. Can we trade items between family members sharing accounts on one system without running afoul of the TOS? 

An example, my brother and I play Warframe. My system has two accounts for my son and myself, I play Warframe, he loves Rocket League, but he has an Warframe account of his own, he barely touches it and as a Dad, I'd like to set him up, since I'm sitting on three maxed out serrations, Redirections, and Vitalities, I thought it would be a good way to get him out of Starting Player Hell. 

Can I trade maxed cards with his uncle, my brother, who's on another Ps4, so he can trade them with my son. And yes, I know he has to be MR2 and everything that goes into it. But... see you have a mod leaving my system for another, only to be traded right back to my system, even though it's to a separate account. 

Is that kosher? 

Well it's a indeed good question to ask. The fact that the TOS is to avoid players abusing the system of Warframe, it's perfectly honest and correct to ask this question. All I can say is that it's safe to do such what you described above, but if ever you get an issue because the system flags you ask cheating, you should be able to explain this to support. 

Remember that this what you described is to avoid players from abusing the system.

My lil brother and I trade sometimes and he also uses my system when he's over or visa versa (my kiddos don't like Warframe, so that is not one of my 99)  

you should be perfectly fine! :)

On 6/15/2016 at 9:49 AM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I asked this question in Players Helping Players a few months ago, got some answers from the community, nothing concrete from support (could have missed it), or officials like Danielle. 

So here's the gist. Can we trade items between family members sharing accounts on one system without running afoul of the TOS? 

An example, my brother and I play Warframe. My system has two accounts for my son and myself, I play Warframe, he loves Rocket League, but he has an Warframe account of his own, he barely touches it and as a Dad, I'd like to set him up, since I'm sitting on three maxed out serrations, Redirections, and Vitalities, I thought it would be a good way to get him out of Starting Player Hell. 

Can I trade maxed cards with his uncle, my brother, who's on another Ps4, so he can trade them with my son. And yes, I know he has to be MR2 and everything that goes into it. But... see you have a mod leaving my system for another, only to be traded right back to my system, even though it's to a separate account. 

Is that kosher? 

You're safe! If you do get flagged, just contact support so we can sort it out. Thanks!