Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Weapons To Use For Resonance

Didi20PT

Question

Hello guys when i'm playing warframe i always play it at 15-20ish fps and that makes it hard to aim accurately, and i was wondering if there was a weapon that makes it easier to trigger the resonance mod.

I've been trying Ignis but sometimes the sonar doesnt trigger even tho i'm shooting at the weak spot.

Any ideas on other weapons i should try?

Also if you want to recommend settings for me to increase my fps, my specs are: Intel i3-2348M @ 2.30GHz, 4096MB RAM, GeForce 710M (i have this one, but on dxdiag it says i have Intel HD graphics 3000)

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Didi20PT said:

GeForce 710M (i have this one, but on dxdiag it says i have Intel HD graphics 3000)

Slightly offtopic, but this could be the root of your problem.

I assume you're playing on a notebook, and your configuration is set to use the integrated GPU (Intel HD) instead of the more powerful 710M. Check your preferences, just in case...

Back on topic - try shotguns, perhaps? Vaykor Hek, for example...

I guess any weapon with high rate of fire would be the easiest to trigger Resonance, I mean, one of the bullets is bound to hit the spot. But then the problem would be you're not really taking advantage of the damage boost from hitting the spot, when only one of those shots would actually get the damage boost, compared to a low RoF weapon which tends to have a high damage per shot, where one shot may equal to five of the low damage one, but all that damage is boosted.

So for just triggering, the Soma or Boltor P would be a good choice, maybe, in general, just the highest damage per bullet weapon that's over 10 shots per second, as an arbitrary baseline anyway.

For squeezing the most damage, the only option is really sniper rifles or shotguns, and maybe the Lex P/Vaykor Marelok.

Not too sure if explosions can trigger the weak spots.

My experience with sonar banshee can be divided in two very different situations:

1) Coordinated Group: I can rely on the group CC and protection and therefore have some breathing time to actually stop and aim. In this case hard hit weapons with some spread like Vaykor Hek are really good. I always avoid too accurate weapons ( sometimes the sonar spot is a tiny foot lol)

2) Solo: At higher levels, when I stop to aim, I´m dead. So parkour like there is no tomorrow and tend to use weapons that cover huge areas ( Ignis) or with some level of AOE like the Staticor.

The ignis can be sometimes tricky. For instance, it seems that when you are shooting while facing an enemy and then turn back to flee but still keep shooting at the enemy, the Ignis actully won´t hit him. also the visual effect from Ignis doesn´t seem to actually translate where it is hitting.

Hope it helps man.

On 16/06/2016 at 10:59 AM, Reifnir said:

Slightly offtopic, but this could be the root of your problem.

I assume you're playing on a notebook, and your configuration is set to use the integrated GPU (Intel HD) instead of the more powerful 710M. Check your preferences, just in case...

I have my Nvidia control panel configured to run on any game i open and when i tab my game i have an icon saying "Nvidia GPU activity (1 Program) - Warframe", also i have those settings on High performance.

Also the only settings i have turned on ingame are: Local Reflections, High Dynamic Range, Particle System Quality (Medium), Dynamic Lighting, Character Shadows and Weapons Trail FX. The rest is either turned off or low quality.

Btw thank you for the feedback =)