Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About leveling Focus Trees

OldGodKing

Question

5 answers to this question

Get the passives you want, then move on to the others.
It takes more than 3-4 months to max out a single tree, provided that you farm the maximum Focus every single day for that particular tree.

And most of the other active abilities are pretty useless, so I wouldn't bother with them.

Edited by Neah

Yes, most people;

1. Max out Zenurik/Naramon passives that they want

2. Move on to Vazarin passives

3. Ignore active skills and other Focus trees. (Madurai and Unairu are just underpowered compared to the others)

Also, Active abilities are not only mostly useless but also increase the cooldown for activating your focus abilities, so they are mostly better left untouched.

Edited by NativeKiller

4 minutes ago, (XB1)neldogger38 said:

but you do need to activate(focus) to get the passives. so why not have it be helpful for atleast that one time use? I do agree narmon is the best. love watching heavies swarm/fire each other.

Because every active power you have selected, raises the cooldown, which in turn means that you'll get to activate the passives later. Let's say you want the Naramon passives: Crit chance and stealth on crit (and extra affinity). Base cooldown is 180sec, having Strategic Execution active raises it by 45 seconds, Deadly Intent for another 45 seconds, and Shadow Step for another 45 seconds. That's another 135 seconds, so you'll get your passives activated after 5 minutes and 15 seconds have passed in the mission, or 4 minutes and 15 seconds if you have maxed Mind Spike Mastery.

Okay, the "active" ability is now (at maxed rank) 10 pulses to 20 meters at 20 degree cone during 20 seconds. Let's say that you really want to make it more useful:
Add in Mind Blast to increase the cone to 45% degrees.
Add in Tactical Strike (to open up the other, more useful active traits)
Add in Cloaking Aura to make allies invisible
Add in Sundering Blast to disarm enemies
Let's say you decide to skip the other active abilities.

Each of those additional "benefits" increases your cooldown by 45 seconds, meaning that you'll need to wait for another 3 minutes before you get the benefit of your PASSIVE abilities. Do you want to wait 4 minutes and 15 seconds for your shadow step to work, or do you want to wait 7 minutes and 15 seconds? With Zenurik, the difference is even greater because there's really just one passive you want. Also, the benefit doesn't really scale with the time. I would rather use my basic active ability once per 2 or 3 minutes, than this "improved" ability once over 6 or 7 minutes, if we're strictly talking about getting benefit out of the active ways (and disregarding the passive benefits). This is also why the damage dealing focus isn't all that popular - sure, it deals good damage, but how useful is it if you get to fire a DEATH RAY every six minutes for 20 seconds..? Simply put, it's too infrequent that you could count on it to save you out of tough spots. I often use my Zenurik when I need to clear myself some breathing space to raise a fallen Tenno, and when I'm doing that, being able to activate it more frequently is much more important than, say, granting energy or a speed buff to allies nearby.

I think that DE should change how the Cooldown is extended by new skills - They should make it so that different "ways" increase cooldown by different amount, making passives increase it more, and actives increase it less, and maybe either give the "mastery" way more ranks or bigger benefit.