Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental combo

Nunation

Question

5 answers to this question

In my large experience, I think both are good. When it comes to Fire, it has better procs (panic) and when it comes to Cold it has better bonuses against Alloy. Either way, supposing Corrosive is the bigger part of the damage, you won't see large differences between the 2.

yes, for Damage Corrosive/Ice is absolutely superior. you'll see a significant difference because Shields will basically not exist and Bombards (other Alloy Armor Enemies as well but those are the fattest) will not be as durable.

and... Ice Status is superior if you ask me because the length of the 50% speed reduction lasts much longer than the Fire Panic (Fire Panic ends immediately, Ice Slow wears off at the end so technically lasts ~1-1.5 more seconds than on paper).
so... when the Enemy is high enough Level that you'll actually get to use those Status Effects, you'll have the Enemy debuffed for a larger percentage of time with Ice.

but if you'll have the Enemy dead within a few seconds anyways, then Fire works fine. but that's pretty dependent on Enemy Level.

Both are viable choices depending on status chance. If you're using a weapon with high status chance, then corrosive/heat would be better because enemies don't know how to stop, drop, and roll and can't do jack while panicking. On the other hand, if you're using a weapon with low status chance, then corrosive/cold would be better for the bonus against alloy armor and shields.