Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mass Effect: Andromeda E3 2016 Trailer

TinoG100

So E3 2016 just happened, and while there were lots of games i want to play so badly (FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Resident Evil VII, etc.), i'm gonna focus on the game that i've been waiting for a long time.

What did you guys think of the trailer? I liked it a lot, even though it was just behind the scenes stuff, but at least it showed a lot of progress in the game's development. So what was your opinion on it? Liked it? Hated it? Tell me in le comments. Happy exploring/hunting, Pathfinders and Tenno ^^

(For those who haven't seen the trailer, here it is)

We were pretty certain to see the usual suspects. Asari, Salarians, Turians and Krogan were pretty much a given. I don't know if we will see Quarians or Geth but I wouldn't rule it out completely. If they have an Elcor or Hanar, please let them NOT be romancible...

I have to say, I was a bit worried about the utter lack of information before E3. I have played the Mass Effect trilogy many times and even with the jarring ending, ME3 stands as one of the greatest video games I have played.

This...

The visuals look good. A new protagonist. A new galaxy to explore. A new Mako. :) Then that view of the Tempest! :D

That said, they have some pretty big boots to fill to match up to the trilogy. I LIKE the trailer. I LIKE the fact that Ryder isn't supposed to be the legend that Sheperd was from the very first time he/she appeared. We have a chance to forge a whole new legend. To explore instead of just running around and shooting stuff. That was one thing I missed in ME2 and 3.

We will have to see if Bioware can pull this off, but I for one am hopeful.

Edited by Kalenath

Damn, that gave me chills, thank you. Could be one of the greatest games ever if they pull it off, without EA screwing it up again with commercial pressure...

So it's kind of a prequel, right ? Taking place decades before Shepard

39 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

Damn, that gave me chills, thank you. Could be one of the greatest games ever if they pull it off, without EA screwing it up again with commercial pressure...

So it's kind of a prequel, right ? Taking place decades before Shepard

Supposedly LONG after the events of ME3 from what I heard, which might be wrong.

I don´t understand why some people complain about seeing familiar alien races in Andromeda.

Like seriously, did you think humans were only ones who went there? And I doubt we are the first ones in there, might be several years later the first ones arrived in Andromeda.

And I believe there are whole new alien races to find. By that I mean intelligent aliens, not just some random mindless creatures.

Edited by Arcane_Intelligence

3 hours ago, Kalenath said:

Supposedly LONG after the events of ME3 from what I heard, which might be wrong.

Ok my bad. Well that's even better then. Though, I wonder what might be the incentive for the story. Another ancient threat coming to bust us all ? In any case I hope the devs put some focus on exploration ! The Shepard trilogy had immense potential for this but never truely fullfied it (ME2 came the closest to it).