Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my updater is stuck at "checking new content"

AmpFrostbolt

Question

18 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, AmpFrostbolt said:

can someone inform me why its doing this and how i can fix this?

thank you in advance

If you could get in game fine beforehand, it just means that update servers are currently borked/under heavy load/etc. Just wait a bit and try again, it happens.

Just now, EvilChaosKnight said:

If you could get in game fine beforehand, it just means that update servers are currently borked/under heavy load/etc. Just wait a bit and try again, it happens.

no i just actually got home, so i dont know if its that or a bug.

3 minutes ago, AmpFrostbolt said:

no i just actually got home, so i dont know if its that or a bug.

I wasn't talking about today specifically but I digress. Checked on the launcher - works for me, so it might be something on your end indeed. Did you change your ISP or router recently? Or any network settings? Firewall?

Just now, EvilChaosKnight said:

I wasn't talking about today specifically but I digress. Checked on the launcher - works for me, so it might be something on your end indeed. Did you change your ISP or router recently? Or any network settings? Firewall?

i do have a new pc, but ive been playing warframe for 2 weeks without a problem, however, it did log me out for no reason a couple of days ago.

8 minutes ago, AmpFrostbolt said:

i do have a new pc, but ive been playing warframe for 2 weeks without a problem, however, it did log me out for no reason a couple of days ago.

Eh, admittedly it kept logging me out yesterday like every 15 mins. This is why my 1st assumption were server issues.

Try and let the launcher sit there for a while. See if it returns any errors or just continues its futile efforts.

PS: Googling returned a ton of people having this issue throughout the years but generally it just seemed to have fixed itself soon after breaking.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight
Added some history

bump

Got the same issue, (not exactly same, but returning "update failed, try again later" screen seems to be directly tied to it) 
reinstalling game didn't do any good.
neither did running as administrator, nor swapping between 64 and 32 bit modes.

update: I found myself some free vpn program, and managed to get into the game using it. I'm not amused that I'm forced to reach for such tricks to solve long-running problem.

update2: and now I'm able to connect to game even without vpn. I honestly have no idea what's going on.

Edited by 5HV3N

I have the same problem, i just wanted to log in to buy primed pressure point from baro and the lunaro update finished and after it kept showing me checking for new content, please someone help me really need to get his mod

Just now, ButterLutter said:

there hasnt been any update or hotfix whatsoever, so i am really wondern why you guys are stuck in the launcher?

Friend could get online just fine after the devstream - i myself cant tell because i never logged out :>

lucky you, but we havent been able to get on at all. im actually getting fed up.