Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Return of Dark Sectors

(XBOX)BroadsideMobsta

19 hours ago, pikaseechu said:

On PC, rail conflicts were a disaster. No one liked them, and everything about them was despised. (General consensus of people I played with, most clan members, and my current alliance.) I would love it if they placed a freaking limit on things like tributes, yes, but that just one symptom of a larger problem. Players were too competitive and greedy. and it lead to really toxic habits. 

Also, old PvP would allow me to wipe a team with a Synoid, and you to snipe me. Current PvP focuses on utility mods, with balanced stats on weapons.

>Players were too competitive 

As if they aren't in the PvE portion of the game either ? The PvP toxicity was just more well thought-out, and articulated than the near incoherent "MUH KUBROW RNG", "MUH TRINITY NERFS", "DAE LIKE DE", or "MUH VOID LOOT SUCKS" threads that I see here daily. At least with the PvP toxicity, the banter was sometimes amusing.

>Too Greedy

I don't even know where to begin with this. For one, we never had more than 30% taxes on XB1 except for a very brief period between November and January. YOU, Yes YOU, have the power to change taxes. If you are unwilling to change them, don't complain when they increase taxes on you. You can fight back and change taxes. If you refuse to fight, you deserve them. Although, no one has paid ANY taxes in over a year.

>Toxic Habits

These habits include farming mods for your friend who just got the game so they can fight alongside you. Or even the abhorrently toxic habit of distributing the Alliance Resource Vault so allied clans can get a head start on new dojo research.

12 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Not like they have whole teams on PvP. There is like a guy that always balances the content for it, which is always nice. 

And btw, the biggest reasons while the Dark Sectors were ditched is because the system was very flawed. The biggest Alliances hogged the Dark Sectors for themselves, and put taxes of like 99%. Even more so, they had a non-aggression partnership with other Alliances, so they could hog those sectors forever. 

Oh yeah, by "abandoned" I didn't mean that they stop balancing Conclave, but rather that they will likely stop actively developing PvP in any way. And yeah, that was the issue with Dark Sectors, but the question is whether it's worth it to dedicate resources to make an entirely new system for PvP when these same resources could be used to improve PvE aspect.

But as I said, I think that ultimately, Lunaro will decide quite a lot. If Lunaro+dedicated servers can boost the popularity of Concalve enough, then there is more chance that DE might look into returning Dark Sectors.

To me there's always gonna be good and bad with everything but I would love to see dark sectors to come back I can't wait for it I think there's a lot of people that feel the same way. Feels like less people are playing idk just the way it seems to me I think dark sectors would bring a lot of life back into this game.

I like to play dark sectors now because that's the best way to get resources and void keys. I'm happy there are no stupid clans/alliances raising stupid taxes anymore.

And if you say that I, and only I can do something about that. That's bs.

I remember the last period of rails, some alliance raised taxes to 100% on the best node for credits when there was a double credit booster weekend.

Glad those those things can't happen again.

2 hours ago, Kletse said:

I like to play dark sectors now because that's the best way to get resources and void keys. I'm happy there are no stupid clans/alliances raising stupid taxes anymore.

And if you say that I, and only I can do something about that. That's bs.

I remember the last period of rails, some alliance raised taxes to 100% on the best node for credits when there was a double credit booster weekend.

Glad those those things can't happen again.

>Stupid Clans/Alliances

Stupid enough to maintain their control while people complain on the forums instead of fighting them.

>Stupid Taxes

Alliances on Xbox One had <10℅ taxes on most nodes. Imperial Tenno and Art of War had 0% taxes before armistice.

>And if you say that I, and only I can do something about that. That's bs.

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a case of defeatism this badly in my entire life. You do have the power to do something about it. You will just have to play harder and plan smarter.

23 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Not like they have whole teams on PvP. There is like a guy that always balances the content for it, which is always nice. 

And btw, the biggest reasons while the Dark Sectors were ditched is because the system was very flawed. The biggest Alliances hogged the Dark Sectors for themselves, and put taxes of like 99%. Even more so, they had a non-aggression partnership with other Alliances, so they could hog those sectors forever. 

>Put taxes of like 99%

I'm tired of this same myth popping up again and again. http://imgur.com/z4xT44r. Check em. Tell me if you see 99%. (You won't)

13 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

>Stupid Clans/Alliances

Stupid enough to maintain their control while people complain on the forums instead of fighting them.

>Stupid Taxes

Alliances on Xbox One had <10℅ taxes on most nodes. Imperial Tenno and Art of War had 0% taxes before armistice.

>And if you say that I, and only I can do something about that. That's bs.

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a case of defeatism this badly in my entire life. You do have the power to do something about it. You will just have to play harder and plan smarter.

>Put taxes of like 99%

I'm tired of this same myth popping up again and again. http://imgur.com/z4xT44r. Check em. Tell me if you see 99%. (You won't)

How long are you playing this game for? Because that is no myth. Want me to refresh your memory? For example, Eris - Dark Sector Survival. I won't give names here, but I even saw taxes there of 100%. Do you remember that Alliance now? 

Scumbags like that are one of the reason why Dark Sector conflicts are not a thing anymore.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

18 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

- snip-

PLEASE READ MY POSTS on this thread, starting with the first one. I clearly state I loved DS on XB1; PC was a nightmare and I stand by that. Learn to English.

The OP wants DS back on consoles. But if they came back, that means they also come back on PC. No thanks; that toxic aspect of the game has made gameplay better and improved clan and alliance QoL.

Edited by pikaseechu

51 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

How long are you playing this game for? Because that is no myth. Want me to refresh your memory? For example, Eris - Dark Sector Survival. I won't give names here, but I even saw taxes there of 100%. Do you remember that Alliance now? 

Scumbags like that are one of the reason why Dark Sector conflicts are not a thing anymore.

http://m.imgur.com/ZkCsSDi

The most recent taxes on Zabala. This is taken directly from deathsnacks. Scumbags like me post evidence. Can you do the same ?

10 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

http://m.imgur.com/ZkCsSDi

The most recent taxes on Zabala. This is taken directly from deathsnacks. Scumbags like me post evidence. Can you do the same ?

Look man, I don't give a rat's @ss if you believe me or not. I have no interest in lying here and of course a lot of players know the situation of that sector as well. But what would an XB1 player know about the state of things on PC? Or maybe you already know it happened and try to conceal it now?

Either way, there is no need for 'evidence' that I don't even know the source of. It happened. And it stayed like that for months. Until they shut down the rails, that is.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

3 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Look man, I don't give a rat's @ss if you believe me or not. I have no interest in lying here and of course a lot of players know the situation of that sector as well. But what would an XB1 player know about the state of things on PC? Or maybe you already know it happened and try to conceal it now?

Either way, there is no need for 'evidence' that I don't even know the source of. It happened. And it stayed like that for months. Until they shut down the rails, that is.

What would a PC player know about the state of things on Xbox? Maybe you already know we did it better than PC and you try to obfuscate the facts and conceal them.

Either way, you are unable to Google deathsnacks. We had fun. And it stayed that way for months; until they shut down the rails, that is.

Just now, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

What would a PC player know about the state of things on Xbox? Maybe you already know we did it better than PC and you try to obfuscate the facts and conceal them.

Either way, you are unable to Google deathsnacks. We had fun. And it stayed that way for months; until they shut down the rails, that is.

Whatever.

4 hours ago, pikaseechu said:

PLEASE READ MY POSTS on this thread, starting with the first one. I clearly state I loved DS on XB1; PC was a nightmare and I stand by that. Learn to English.

The OP wants DS back on consoles. But if they came back, that means they also come back on PC. No thanks; that toxic aspect of the game has made gameplay better and improved clan and alliance QoL.

Have you ever considered that it is not the dark sectors that were the problem, but that the problem was with PC ?

I'm not saying it is but reading the Solar Rail threads these past few months has really made me think.

1 hour ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

Have you ever considered that it is not the dark sectors that were the problem, but that the problem was with PC ?

I'm not saying it is but reading the Solar Rail threads these past few months has really made me think.

Precisely, but I'd rather not enjoy the DS conflicts on Xb1 if it meant that I do not have to deal with the chaos that was on PC.

And yes, PC is aware of the issues on consoles. Some of us play console on our downtime.

Edited by pikaseechu

44 minutes ago, pikaseechu said:

Precisely, but I'd rather not enjoy the DS conflicts on Xb1 if it meant that I do not have to deal with the chaos that was on PC.

And yes, PC is aware of the issues on consoles. Some of us play console on our downtime.

So here you admit, that PC caused the issues with the system, that consoles did it right ? If this is true, then why is the Xbox One Community being punished for the sins of a people from a different platform ? It's the moral equivalent to your teenage son crashing your car and then you ground your nephew for a year.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Discord

15 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

So here you admit, that PC caused the issues with the system, that consoles did it right ? If this is true, then why is the Xbox One Community being punished for the sins of a people from a different platform ? It's the moral equivalent to your teenage son crashing your car and then you ground your nephew for a year.

I can't speak for PS4, so unless someone on that console speaks up,It's purely "PC players making a system unusable" for XB1 players. It was a very deep rooted problem with balancing as well, so DE decided to completely get rid of it than to fix it.

We get affected by console all the time as well. Baro was held back for two weeks because DE wanted consoles to also catch up as a more marked example of PC getting the short end of the stick. Console is getting TennoGen skins and cosmetics as well, our equivalent of the console exclusive skins for PS4 and XB1. This is more an issue with DE itself punishing players across all platforms for the sins of one. 

1 hour ago, pikaseechu said:

I can't speak for PS4, so unless someone on that console speaks up,It's purely "PC players making a system unusable" for XB1 players. It was a very deep rooted problem with balancing as well, so DE decided to completely get rid of it than to fix it.

We get affected by console all the time as well. Baro was held back for two weeks because DE wanted consoles to also catch up as a more marked example of PC getting the short end of the stick. Console is getting TennoGen skins and cosmetics as well, our equivalent of the console exclusive skins for PS4 and XB1. This is more an issue with DE itself punishing players across all platforms for the sins of one. 

Are you saying 2 weeks of held back Baro (Which you got back btw) is equivalent to 61 weeks without solar rails ?

19 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

Are you saying 2 weeks of held back Baro (Which you got back btw) is equivalent to 61 weeks without solar rails ?

Stop nitpicking my quotes. I said this falls on DE, while unfair to other platforms.

I stated an occurrence in which we were affected (negatively or positively as some might argue) by console. Never said they were the same. 

Also, I'm done here, mostly because my statement has been regurgitated in every which way and we've derailed the topic long enough.

On June 21, 2016 at 4:59 PM, -BM-Leonhart said:

I was in prime masters and nobody at any time did taxes like you said so i say you lie 

I never partecipated i sollar rails conflicts while they were still active due to being building my own clan: those of you who lived them could tell me more?

What maps ere used, it was actual Pvp or the attacking players had to deplete the platoons of specters guarding the rail, etc.?

Curious to know as it's an aspect of the game I totally missed until it was closed.

3 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

I never partecipated i sollar rails conflicts while they were still active due to being building my own clan: those of you who lived them could tell me more?

What maps ere used, it was actual Pvp or the attacking players had to deplete the platoons of specters guarding the rail, etc.?

Curious to know as it's an aspect of the game I totally missed until it was closed.

They used a Unique, Customizable map that you cant play in anymore. It was a mixture of PvE and PvP. The specters were just defense and had little to no impact on how the rails battles ended.

1 hour ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

I was in prime masters and nobody at any time did taxes like you said so i say you lie 

He's specifically talking about PC. But a more burning question: how was the DS conflicts, and alliances and clan activity on PS4?

39 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

As CFE Discord said, it was a customized map where teams would fight each other. One team defended the core of the rail, while the other attacked it. Super simple, great fast paced action and gameplay. I liked it while it lasted.

8 hours ago, pikaseechu said:

He's specifically talking about PC. But a more burning question: how was the DS conflicts, and alliances and clan activity on PS4?

As CFE Discord said, it was a customized map where teams would fight each other. One team defended the core of the rail, while the other attacked it. Super simple, great fast paced action and gameplay. I liked it while it lasted.

Ds conflicts were extremely fun till de killed them then a lot of my clan migrated to destiny, ps2, blacklight, cod, overwatch, division , etc.