Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Rework Key Question

-Jieun-

Question

I just gave away my collection of T3 and T4 keys to a trustworthy tenno to help our clan so that newer players could run specific missions. With the coming void rework, has all my effort to collect and share the keys gone to waste, since everyone can run void missions without keys and keys will now be turned into projections? Have I just transferred a heap of projections to a high MR player who doesn't need them? I'm not too upset since, if there is a way to help our clan members after the changes, then I believe this tenno will help them, but I do feel like I just threw all the time I spent grinding and saving keys. My small feelings of warmth after helping the clan has also soured since my donation has now lost its ability to help those in greater need :(

10 answers to this question

I would like to know the answer to this, as well. I understand that the keys won't be a waste, but that isn't the only issue. Right now, some of my keys are fairly valuable, while some are no more than vault key fodder. Will there be tiers of projections? Will rare keys be transformed into rare projections? Or will some of my collection lose value? If all the rarity and RNG is moved to some other part of the process of getting a prime part, will a T3 Sabotage or T4 Mobile Defense be the same as a T1 Defense, once transformed?

14 minutes ago, Neugdae1 said:

I just gave away my collection of T3 and T4 keys to a trustworthy tenno to help our clan so that newer players could run specific missions. With the coming void rework, has all my effort to collect and share the keys gone to waste, since everyone can run void missions without keys and keys will now be turned into projections? Have I just transferred a heap of projections to a high MR player who doesn't need them? I'm not too upset since, if there is a way to help our clan members after the changes, then I believe this tenno will help them, but I do feel like I just threw all the time I spent grinding and saving keys. My small feelings of warmth after helping the clan has also soured since my donation has now lost its ability to help those in greater need :(

Keys have been confirmed multiple times to still have use. We just have to wait and see

From what I understood from the devstream keys get turned into projections based on tier, the projections turn into a random Item that you could have gotten as a reward from that tier, and using "scraps" from the creation of the projection you can alter the odds of you getting an object with a certain rarity.

I don't think your effort of sharing has gone to waste at all since what i got from this is sharing is no longer going to be a thing but rather getting prime Items will be based on personal progress that you get by going to the rifts but maby i just heard all of that wrong.

2 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

From what I understood from the devstream keys get turned into projections based on tier, the projections turn into a random Item that you could have gotten as a reward from that tier, and using "scraps" from the creation of the projection you can alter the odds of you getting an object with a certain rarity.

I don't think your effort of sharing has gone to waste at all since what i got from this is sharing is no longer going to be a thing but rather getting prime Items will be based on personal progress that you get by going to the rifts but maby i just heard all of that wrong.

If prime items are based on personal progress and keys, didn't I still throw away my keys? And I gave them to a MR22 as well, who will not benefit from having an extra stash of projections. Assuming projections aren't tradable, I feel like the only way to help clan members would be to draft craft prime parts myself and give it to them, except I don't have my keys anymore. Not trying to be an unnecessary downer, but I still don't get how my efforts didn't go down the drain

Edited by Neugdae1

11 hours ago, Neugdae1 said:

If prime items are based on personal progress and keys, didn't I still throw away my keys? And I gave them to a MR22 as well, who will not benefit from having an extra stash of projections. Assuming projections aren't tradable, I feel like the only way to help clan members would be to draft craft prime parts myself and give it to them, except I don't have my keys anymore. Not trying to be an unnecessary downer, but I still don't get how my efforts didn't go down the drain

When you said "Share" I assumed you meant you have 3 others join a key that you host which right now grants ewveryone a reward, that wouldn't be going to waste since you're getting 4+ items from 1 key rather than the new system's 1 item/key. however I suppose if you gave it to a MR22 who has no intent to use them at all then they may have been "wasted" I was just assuming they would use the keys prior to the next update that's going to change the void.

I have mixed toughts about this VOID ''rework'' thing 

Will be really unhappy if i get my time wasted 

Yes i farmed tons of keys and this could be bad decision 

Hope the best If not than a lot of hate will happen 

Edited by TennoPain

Void keys will be converted into something that will have some use in the new system.

How good it will be vs our current system would be pure speculation at this point.

The dev workshop should tell us sometime in advance.

you get residuals so wen you farming key right now for next prime is ideal to say the least the void projections is still ring but now you actually have some control don't complain think of it as ok next frame prime you use residuals to max up prime drops chance only problem is where do forma come in but knowing steve he has idea for that rare keys now are worth more but yu can just jump into the void n gain a ton of residual so new n vet players gain ring control that very least best idea period for the rng just jump in void n build residual rng is now control by player instead ton keys ran vets get to keep or sell new players just void tear 

5 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

When you said "Share" I assumed you meant you have 3 others join a key that you host which right now grants ewveryone a reward, that wouldn't be going to waste since you're getting 4+ items from 1 key rather than the new system's 1 item/key. however I suppose if you gave it to a MR22 who has no intent to use them at all then they may have been "wasted" I was just assuming they would use the keys prior to the next update that's going to change the void.

Yeah I didn't think about that, it's possible he/she uses the keys before the update. I doubt they'll get through most of them but hopefully my clan members will manage to get something of worth