Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Anyone Confirm that the Seismic Wave mod is working or not?

(PSN)Crixus044

Question

I tried unequipping every mod except this mod and went ham on a rampart. There was no difference in damage and it doesn't seem to increase damage against enemies. Can anyone show me a pic or video of it working? Like a pic of a slam attack without mod on and with mod on.

EDIT: I know its not the splash damage. It's the direct melee strike of the slam that's suppose to be increased, but I see no difference.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

8 answers to this question

8 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Willl it be fixed soon?

When DE gets around to it, yeah I'm sure it will.

Soon is a relative term. It isn't game breaking so they don't need to drop everything and fix it "now". With U19 being put out in parts I'm sure they have their plates full. No one here is going to be able to give you information DE hasn't "put out there" which is the type of answer you are looking for. They haven't said they are working on fixing it, but as a bug realistically, they typically don't say that type of information unless it has a large impact on the game (IE Rathuum and the nav segment for example). Then it gets pushed out to PC and later to console.

Your "soon" will be later than others, but once it is "fixed" you'll know it is coming.

Edited by (XB1)Skylancer4

Alright guys, i have tested this for 2 hours straight.... my result is: it is working. In a weird and wrong way.

First Test: Basic Attacks (Crushing Ruin makes the 2nd and 3rd Basic EEE Attack with the melee weapon equipped into Slam attacks): Unmodded Sibear, no mods at all except for Crushing Ruin Stance.
Damage: 97 + 15  (I have NO idea what the 15 is)

Spoiler

Pheq7hK.jpg

Second Test: Unmodded Sibear + Seismic Wave
Damage: 
97 + 45  

Spoiler

X65Nj6m.jpg

So here is the thing, 97 is the main damage and with every slam there is a second damage number. I dont know where its coming from but fact is, THIS second damage number gets buffed with Seismic Wave. Seismic wave gives x3 damage, 15x3=45. This is correct.

So i thought, is it possible to get this "15 Damage" up with Mods?
Here is the test:

First Test + Basic Attacks: Modded Sibear, NO Seismic Wave
Damage: 854 + 15

Spoiler

CJH2YIz.jpg

Second Test: Modded Sibear WITH Seismic Wave
Damage: 854 + 45

Spoiler

BoNJumi.jpg

Conclusion: Nope, you cant change the extra damage number. Seismic Wave works again only on that "15 Damage" instance.

So i thought, hey what about real slam attacks. Whats going on there?
Here is the result.

First Test Air Attack: Modded Sibear, NO Seismic Wave
Damage: 1711 + 37

Spoiler

gCJHywu.jpg

Once again, there is a second damage instance, in this case 37. Well and guess what gets buffed with Seismic Wave? You guessed right.

Second Test Air Attack: Modded Sibear WITH Seismic Wave
Damage: 1713 (dont ask me why its 2 damage more now and actually a crit) + 112
Ha you thought 37*3=111 right? Its actually 37,3 it seems and thus 112. Fraction numbers are great.

Spoiler

cwrmGnq.jpg

So there you have it, Seismic Wave is working. In a wrong way.
I did the same tests with the Ankyros Prime to see how it behaves there. The weird 2nd Damage instance is always 50 (idk why its more than on a hammer) and with Seismic Wave it gets up to 150 (50*3=150). Numbers are correct, still weird stuff going on.

Conclusion: Dont use the mod.

No proof reading, I spent way too long on this.

16 hours ago, ButterLutter said:

Alright guys, i have tested this for 2 hours straight.... my result is: it is working. In a weird and wrong way.

First Test: Basic Attacks (Crushing Ruin makes the 2nd and 3rd Basic EEE Attack with the melee weapon equipped into Slam attacks): Unmodded Sibear, no mods at all except for Crushing Ruin Stance.
Damage: 97 + 15  (I have NO idea what the 15 is)

Reveal hidden contents

Pheq7hK.jpg

Second Test: Unmodded Sibear + Seismic Wave
Damage: 
97 + 45  

Reveal hidden contents

X65Nj6m.jpg

So here is the thing, 97 is the main damage and with every slam there is a second damage number. I dont know where its coming from but fact is, THIS second damage number gets buffed with Seismic Wave. Seismic wave gives x3 damage, 15x3=45. This is correct.

So i thought, is it possible to get this "15 Damage" up with Mods?
Here is the test:

First Test + Basic Attacks: Modded Sibear, NO Seismic Wave
Damage: 854 + 15

Reveal hidden contents

CJH2YIz.jpg

Second Test: Modded Sibear WITH Seismic Wave
Damage: 854 + 45

Hide contents

BoNJumi.jpg

Conclusion: Nope, you cant change the extra damage number. Seismic Wave works again only on that "15 Damage" instance.

So i thought, hey what about real slam attacks. Whats going on there?
Here is the result.

First Test Air Attack: Modded Sibear, NO Seismic Wave
Damage: 1711 + 37

Reveal hidden contents

gCJHywu.jpg

Once again, there is a second damage instance, in this case 37. Well and guess what gets buffed with Seismic Wave? You guessed right.

Second Test Air Attack: Modded Sibear WITH Seismic Wave
Damage: 1713 (dont ask me why its 2 damage more now and actually a crit) + 112
Ha you thought 37*3=111 right? Its actually 37,3 it seems and thus 112. Fraction numbers are great.

Reveal hidden contents

cwrmGnq.jpg

So there you have it, Seismic Wave is working. In a wrong way.
I did the same tests with the Ankyros Prime to see how it behaves there. The weird 2nd Damage instance is always 50 (idk why its more than on a hammer) and with Seismic Wave it gets up to 150 (50*3=150). Numbers are correct, still weird stuff going on.

Conclusion: Dont use the mod.

No proof reading, I spent way too long on this.

Thank you so much dude. I had a feeling this is what was happening because I saw the same kind of numbers. I think the problem is that seismic wave increases the first instance of damage, which normally would be the direct hit and splash damage follows in an aoe, but when directly hitting the target, for some reason, the aoe hits first. This must get fixed, as this mod has a whole lot of potential when it comes to melee builds for certain weapons and stances that have slams in them. It also provides build variety from the blood rush/body count meta builds. I'd love to slot this in instead of true steel or fury if it means increase slam damage, but this doesn't seem like the case does it.