Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have any statements been made regarding reworking the damage system?

bejuizb

Question

Hi all,

I've been AWOL for a few weeks/months and I haven't been keeping up with the devstreams or workshops as much as I probably should have. I wanted to know if any statements have been made with regards to mandatory damage mods, elemental mods and the like, and whether they will be changed or removed in the upcoming future? I want to get back into the game, but experiment with roleplaying builds. Foregoing these mandatory mods cuts my damage down by a gigantic amount, and so I wanted to know if I should still rely on them or prep the builds that don't need them.

5 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Nothing new, but it's on their To-do list. Don't start pre-planning yet. 

Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for letting me know :D

46 minutes ago, RIOT said:

IIRC (no source) it was being pushed back while everyone worked on U19 / war within, and that not much progress had been made.

Ah, many thanks. So the changes to the damage system would happen post U19 then?

11 hours ago, bejuizb said:

Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for letting me know :D

Ah, many thanks. So the changes to the damage system would happen post U19 then?

The first part of u19 just dropped, it is split into 3 parts. A little under 2 weeks from now the second part will be coming, and after that the final part. Figure roughly a month before anything remotely "big" happens. There are a number of YouTube videos about u19 and the last dev stream, if you want to get the "summed up" versions.