The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Random screen lock up

UghZug

Was playing for a few missions and then the screen locked up like the game went to windows or something.  It happened when I stepped on a golden pool launched by a Tar-Mutalist MOA , in an Orokin derelict defense mission. It could be coincidence but I figured I'd mention the circumstances.    The sound of the game was still able to be heard and I heard my character move and shoot, however the screen was locked, and even alt tabbing to windows or alt control delete resulted in no screen changing.  Ultimately I  alt tabbed back to the game and hit alt f4 to close it which got me back to windows.  There went all my progress though, gg DE.

specs; evga gtx 960 4gb,  driver up to date.

16gb ram, amd fx 6300.

windows 10 64bit.

razor software based surround sound.

Right now, I am reinstalling the game... well that wasn't my intention but because DE doesn't bother to keep steam's client updated, when you verify integrity of game cache it ends up installing the game again... 11.2gb DL.  It's a good thing I don't have a bandwidth cap or a craptastic ISP.

Edited by UghZug

Would you happen to be running any Razer applications while playing Warframe? For example, Razer Synapse? If so, I would try turning those off and see if you still experience any crashes.

It sounds like you ran into a TDR crash. An easy way to confirm this would be to do the following (Windows 10):
--
Search for "Event Viewer" on the taskbar. 
Once in Event Viewer, expand the "Custom Views" folder, and select "Administrative Events". 

Do you see any errors around the time you experienced the black screen? Critical errors? Warnings? If you click on the error/critical error/warning then the description that appears at the bottom of Event Viewer should give us an idea of what the cause was.

Here's an example of the warning you would see if the cause of your PC crash was a TDR:

5OfqLBt.png