Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

strict NAT ?

hareta

Question

so i today i just log in to warframe and i found this warning right after i log in and it take considerable time to log in when i got this message anyone have idea what's worng with it and what can i do about it? and oh i played on pc

3 answers to this question

More than likely your router settings have changed.  Here's some info I was able to find to give you more info:

What does each NAT type mean?

The classification system boils down to something called a port-assignment policy.

Open NAT means that either the port-assignment policy is minimal or the device has a fully compliant version of UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) enabled by default.

Moderate NAT means that the port-assignment policy is minimal, but the device is filtering addresses or ports.

Strict NAT means the port-assignment policy is aggressive.

How to make router/firewall to be open kind?

To make the firewall/router from strict to open, actually Microsoft′s devices looking for three UDP ports to be properly routed. If you can add following ports to the NAT rules on the router, it will be considered open:

UDP port 5060;
UDP port 5061;
UDP port 3074;

Hope this helps

Edited by DatDarkOne
formatting

I get it all the time at work.  Sometimes at home.  I can change my router settings at home, but don't want to compromise my security.  

I would check to make sure that you don't have any problems during group play.  Like lag or connection issues.  If you don't have any problems like that, then don't worry about the NAT message and just do as Azreal suggested.  

Happy Hunting Tenno.