Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Resolved] Should I max modes before selling them to other players

hapalupa

Question

I am a new player in Warframe and since I reached my rank 2 I can start trading with other players. I know it will take some time before I will have something worth selling but I want to know for a future reference.

I've read few guides online on trading and I checked sites with recommended prices like "wftrading.net", but I still dont know are those prices for a maxed modes or simply droped ones without any upgrades. So should I level mods before I sell them?

Also sometimes the same mode have 3/5/10 ranks, how can I determine is this the highest rank for this mod?

Edited by hapalupa

10 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, hapalupa said:

I've read few guides online on trading and I checked sites with recommended prices like "wftrading.net", but I still dont know are those prices for a maxed modes or simply droped ones without any upgrades. So should I level mods before I sell them?

Also sometimes the same mode have 3/5/10 ranks, how can I determine is this the highest rank for this mod?

The only mods that matter if you rank them or not are the ones with 10 ranks.  Those take a substantial investment in time and effort to rank, and thus you should get paid for doing that.  A rank 3 or rank 5 is simply too easy to max out to matter.  Maybe you can squeeze a few more plat out of the trade for it but don't expect any large difference.

The only mods where the number of ranks will change is the damaged mods you get in the starting tutorial mission.  Those clearly say "DAMAGED" right on them.  If the mod does not say damaged then its a normal one with the correct (and always the same) number of ranks.

It depends, do you want quick plat for less time or do you want more plat for more time invested in ranking them up?

wftrading.net isn't really reliable IMO, you should check the trading chat and see what prices people offer, base your prices on those.

Hi!
Welcome to Warframe and to the forums!

I dont suggest to sell upgraded mods.
Right now you need every Core you can get, you have lots of upgrading ahead of you. Use them for yourself

The maximum amount of possible ranks is visible by the dots on the bottom of the mod. with each rank one of the dots starts glowing.

Deciding to trade mods unranked or ranked is situational and depends on the mod itself.

Unranked

• Lower plat value = easier to sell due to being cheaper (more available customers)
  • No risk of "wasting" cores to level up and sit in your inventory = no "pressure" to get rid of it

Ranked

• Higher plat value = smaller available customer basis (only those who want max mods)
  • Risky of using your cores to level up and having it sit in inventory being "junk" until sold
  • You can use those cores on your own mods to help improve your characters which makes farming more efficient = more loots = more things to sell = more plat
17 minutes ago, hapalupa said:

You can tell the maximum rank a mod has by looking at the "stars" at the bottom of the card. For example, serration has 10 ranks (10 stars) and each time you upgrade it 1 level, the stars will become lit (brighter). See the bright stars below the RIFLE? This is a maxed out rank 10 serration.

latest?cb=20140901145001

Thank you all for you answers. I heard that the warframe community is very helpful. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The only mods where the number of ranks will change is the damaged mods you get in the starting tutorial mission.  Those clearly say "DAMAGED" right on them.  If the mod does not say damaged then its a normal one with the correct (and always the same) number of ranks.

Yes those were damaged mods, I see it now, I thought that some mods have different forms.  

Damaged mods cant be traded anymore

besides that you should consider that a rank 10 mod takes 2x resources compared to a rank 9.

for example:

maxed Serration takes 264 R5 cores + around 1m credits, a rank 9 will need an half of em

actually you maxing damaged mods that takes a couple of cores to be maxed and a bunch of credits, i see pretty hard for you atm to be able to sell R10 maxed mods, not even using your whole inventory

16 hours ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Damaged mods cant be traded anymore

besides that you should consider that a rank 10 mod takes 2x resources compared to a rank 9.

for example:

maxed Serration takes 264 R5 cores + around 1m credits, a rank 9 will need an half of em

actually you maxing damaged mods that takes a couple of cores to be maxed and a bunch of credits, i see pretty hard for you atm to be able to sell R10 maxed mods, not even using your whole inventory

I don't want to sell damaged mods I just did not know why the same mod had 3 levels or 5 levels. I did not notice the damage in the name. I understand that now.

Also as I said in the original post I know it will take a while before I will have something to sell for platinum, I just want to know for a future reference. I was just curious.

But thanks for clarification.

11 minutes ago, hapalupa said:

I don't want to sell damaged mods I just did not know why the same mod had 3 levels or 5 levels. I did not notice the damage in the name. I understand that now.

Also as I said in the original post I know it will take a while before I will have something to sell for platinum, I just want to know for a future reference. I was just curious.

But thanks for clarification.

if u need plat bad just sell syndacate mods might you could buy some using your standings, they goes for 10-20p each, should be enough to feed your needs