The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should all Vaulted Items be Unvault at the same time in the future?

--DSP--

11 minutes ago, --DSP-- said:

So you're basically saying that Frost Prime should never be unvaulted ever again?

since if we continue this rotation, unvaulted will never be unvault again.

The vault opening was always supposed to exist, the wiki page on it has a Q&A from the devs saying things going into the vault are NOT being removed from the game forever.

On the vault rotation though, it dosn't look good, things are heading into the vault more than twice as fast as the vault events are happening, meaning there will never be an oppertunity for it to come full circle.

Either they haven't decided how they want this done in the long term, or they already have a different system in mind, to be implemented later, THIS, does not work, and if it's clear to ME that it dosn't work, it's going to be very clear to the people who's income depends on it.

Edited by enizer

Could have it swap monthly. Kinda like sortie seasons but with set calendar dates. Only have 5 vaulted primes so they would currently show up twice a year. Took a long time to get that far. If we ever get over 12 prime frames old enough to vault, just start doubling up a months drops. I have my doubts WF will be around long enough for a annual drop time for every prime frame to get too bloated. "Hey its August. time to farm Ember." "Oh its December, time to farm Frost." etc. And Vault openings will be and have been basically Prime Access encores. They can just offer the frame thats currently furthest away from its month. I doubt they will ever just offer the cosmetic exclusives without all the extra overhead junk to force a large price.

Imo:

• All prime warframes and weapons should be available and farmable within the star chart.
  • Prime Accessories are to be unvaulted from time to time.
  • This lets new players enjoy all the prime content that they want without having to pay like 900p for an Ember Prime set that was vaulted.
  • It still is probably going to be bundled with boosters or whatever but at least people won't feel bad paying for something that they don't need just to get a prime accessory like a 2nd prime of an item you already have.

30 minutes ago, Oranji said:

Imo:

• All prime warframes and weapons should be available and farmable within the star chart.
  • Prime Accessories are to be unvaulted from time to time.
  • This lets new players enjoy all the prime content that they want without having to pay like 900p for an Ember Prime set that was vaulted.
  • It still is probably going to be bundled with boosters or whatever but at least people won't feel bad paying for something that they don't need just to get a prime accessory like a 2nd prime of an item you already have.

This is pretty much what I feel as well, my friend bought vauban prime access, he didnt give a crap about vauban prime, or his weapons, for him, the highlights were discounted plat, and 90 day boosters, which you simply cant get normally

For me, I would be strongly tempted by deals like this, but, again, NOT for the warframe itself, but for things like titan extractor prime, the boosters, discounted plat, and the extra extractor slot.(I say would be because so far, no deal I have been playing during has had titan extractor prime)

So it looks to me like it's not a necessity to annoy players with gated content, to sell these packages.

Edited by enizer
splelling

On 24.06.2016 at 6:37 PM, Berserkerkitten said:

I wish they'd just get rid of the vault altogether, especially with the changes coming to how the void works. Artificial scarcity isn't fun.

Well, from recent "unvault" I come to a conclusion that getting rid of the vault either won't happen at all or will happen no sooner than August.