Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Furis, Afuris, Viper, Or Twin Viper

simeo77

Question

I'm wondering if somebody could shed some light on these four for me?

I have Twin Vipers. They basically spit out goo gobs of ammo in a short time devastating enemies at short range. 

Viper is (and correct me if I'm wrong) better in short bursts and deals some crit damage. Groups are tighter so it's better for longer range (?)

Furis and AFuris.... what are these two good for? Are they like a "braton" sidearm?

I like the larger clip of the Furis (don't have the Afuris) compare to the skinny short clip of the Viper.

Thanks for any help.

9 answers to this question

Dual Viper is just two vipers. Longer reload, twice clip size.

With that said, Viper can take ammo out very quickly, so most players just tap the mouse button for a good 4-5 bullets at a time, sometimes even 3.

If you go full auto, you will waist about 20 of the 28 bullets of twin vipers on the dead body you just created.

I personally hate Twin Vipers. Too quick, you can never have enough ammo for them, and they are just not worth it.

I have no idea about Furis though.

Twin vipers are fun... but just too impractical. Their high fire rate makes reloading all too common, and low clip and accuracy means they're only good for super short range. Good damage though.

Afuris is my go-to secondary if I use a Latron/Prime, Bow or Sniper. Reload speed is a bit meh, but they have a slightly slower fire rate, a bit better accuracy, and a 70 round clip. When modded right, an Afuris can be devastating to large groups of enemies or bosses. You can only get around 4 full clips though, so the ammunition economy isn't so great. Don't use it as a primary weapon.

Twin vipers are brutally strong(one of the best dps weapons in the game), you can take out bosses in soem seconds, crit is also good, you just have to watch out not to waste you ammo, shoot in bursts. Vipers are inaccurate and you should only use them in short-mid range, as you waste your ammo otherwise.

Viper/Twinviper are at this time one of the top burst DPS sidearms. Furis/Afuris is quite similar except it is more for sustained DPS rather than burst because of the magazine size reducing the amount of times spent reloading. Also It's crazy less accurate. I'd recommend only using Furis/Afruris for short range.

I used the Twin Vipers for a while and liked them very much, for all the reasons above.  But when I (finally) got a BP drop from....He Who Must Not Be Named, and made my Despairs, I put the Vipers away, possibly for good.  The Despairs are very fast (tho not at fast as the Vipers--but then, what is?) do much damage especially against Infested, and are silent.  No crit ability, which is a downer, and a slight arc when thrown.  But they have been pretty amazing, and I love using them more than I loved the Vipers.