Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions About The War

(PSN)Saobie3

Question

So im extremely close to MR10, and having practiced the test a few times i think i can safely manage it first try. Tomorrow ill probably do it and the first thing i plan to do is go after the War.

So, this is what bugs me. I constantly see people asking for parts like War Blade and Hilt, but i looked it up and the War itself dosnt need that, only the Broken War. The War just needs a Broken War and some other stuff. Why are people asking for these parts so often? Does the one i have on me not count, as in, can i not use it to make the War?

11 answers to this question

Just now, Cydro_ said:

It does count, some people just want the War and the Broken-War

Hm... i can see why. Basically since i got the Broken War its been the melee iv mained. So the Broken War blueprint drops from stalker im guessing, like the War right?

Also, what exactly is the Wars drop rate?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

Hm... i can see why. Basically since i got the Broken War its been the melee iv mained. So the Broken War blueprint drops from stalker im guessing, like the War right?

Also, what exactly is the Wars drop rate?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/War

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Broken-War

War blueprint from stalker, broken war parts from Conculysts

You can use the Broken War from Second Dream to make War.  In fact that was originally the only way to craft War.  A lot of people don't want to use the one from the quest though as it is also a decent weapon and came with a Catalyst installed so they would rather get the parts to make a second Broken War and use that, allowing them to have both War and Broken War without needing to buy Hunhow's Gift.  (I also consider it to have some sentimental value as a symbol of what my character went through so wouldn't want to part with it.)

Hm... i love Broken War, i might go through the trouble of making a new one for the sake of keeping my current one, which has outclassed every other melee iv ever tried by a large portion. 

Question is, how much trouble IS it to get exactly? I see the parts go for like 100p...

According to warframe.market hilt and blade goes for about 20p-30p each on PC. Console prices may differ but I'm not sure if that much. However I can see the reason why they may sell for 100p. Sentients are tricky to fight so a lot of people just avoid moon missions and even if you don't mind fighting them, they are very rare. On top of it the next way to get War without loosing broken one is to dish out almost 600p for Hunhow's gift so if someone doesn't care about cosmetics (can't imagine how can it be :)) it is still much cheaper to get it paying for blade and hilt.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

According to warframe.market hilt and blade goes for about 20p-30p each on PC. Console prices may differ but I'm not sure if that much. However I can see the reason why they may sell for 100p. Sentients are tricky to fight so a lot of people just avoid moon missions and even if you don't mind fighting them, they are very rare. On top of it the next way to get War without loosing broken one is to dish out almost 600p for Hunhow's gift so if someone doesn't care about cosmetics (can't imagine how can it be :)) it is still much cheaper to get it paying for blade and hilt.

I have the plat to buy all the parts, but that would take up almost everything iv saved up :/ im not one to spend that much plat in a short amount of time, as i like to see my number gradually rise without actually buying any (though i would buy some if i could). Seing as you need 3 parts, if we went by pc pricing that would b 90p, out of my 130.

Sentients have always been an issue for me, im awful at fighting them. That being said, iv got much better weapons than i did before. Farming solo wont be possible for me though, and i cant find anyone who wants to farm them OR the stalker