Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad fps in game.

MeMyselfeAndI

Question

Hi Tenno,

I recently changed over to the PC version of Warframe and i have been having some fps problems. When I play Warframe i have all other windows closed and everything at the lowest setting even the window size. Yet i only get 20 fps sometimes less. I am currently using a Dell Inspiron Desktop with these specs.

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 215 2.70GHz

RAM: 4GB

Any tips or suggestions would be wonderful.

Sincerely,

MeMyselfeAndI 

8 answers to this question

Just now, Evers said:

Tip: Upgrade your Hardware. Nothing else can be said about that (im guessing your GPU is as bad as your CPU so yeah you really have no other choice)

i plan to do that at the end of the summer. But until then do you have any quick patch up ideas?

Just now, MeMyselfeAndI said:

i plan to do that at the end of the summer. But until then do you have any quick patch up ideas?

Sorry your Hardware won't give you much more.

And if you want to get something new, i highly recommend to not buy compelte Computers from Dell, Asus or whatever. Buy each Part seperatly and either put the Computer together yourself or if you don't know how to do it let a local Computershop put it together for you. That will result in better Hardware for less money

3 minutes ago, MeMyselfeAndI said:

I planed to build my own. Any ideas with in like the 1000$ range?

Honestly im not that much into Hardware since my next Upgrade won't happen for some time so im not following it that much. It also depends alot on what you prefer. AMD/Nvidia for GPU, Intel/ATI for CPU stuff like that. I would recommend to do a bit of reading, research, ask around in Forums that are dedicated to Hardware and ask your local Computerstore what they would recommend and then after all of that decide what you need/want. But fo 1000$ you will definitly somethign that is good.

27 minutes ago, MeMyselfeAndI said:

I planed to build my own. Any ideas with in like the 1000$ range?

Newegg is my go to place for PC parts. A i7 with a RX 480 would be a great setup. I would go with 16 gigs of DDR4 RAM (future proof it).

You could possibly get GTX 1070 if you wanted. I would also get a UPS to protect the computer if you haven't already.