Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Network usage

(PSN)Yee_The_MLG_Pro

Question

I just wanted to know if it's possible to share the hotspot from your phone to play warframe on ps4, and how much it uses. Not really for playing, but just for going to the relay to get Baro's items, so that would probably just be 10 minutes ish of "playing". If I need to clearify a bit more for you to understand what I'm actually asking for, just respond saying something about it and I'll try to explain a bit more. Ty in advance and sorry for not having the best english.

(Don't know if this topic is supposed to be under "general discussion" but just move it if there are any problems)

10 answers to this question

I honestly have a very limited bandwidth and play with very little issues. I just can't host but I can still play. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work though.  As to how much it uses I am not sure sorry :( I would say yes you *should* be able to, just don't expect to see others while in a relay. Hope this helps. 

Well I'm not sure about the whole hotspot thing but if you try it I'm sure you'll find out your network either is or isn't there when you try to connect, as for data usage I can assure you it is next to nothing in any online game unless you download an update or something so for something as short as 10 mins it might just be a few Mbs I can't immagine you going over a GB unless you have some things going on in the background

Edited by -Amaterasu-
Typos - Was off by a factor of 10

2 minutes ago, Evorx said:

I honestly have a very limited bandwidth and play with very little issues. I just can't host but I can still play. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work though.  As to how much it uses I am not sure sorry :( I would say yes you *should* be able to, just don't expect to see others while in a relay. Hope this helps. 

No, it will work pretty well depending on your operator bandwith of course, but still usually no appreciable differences while playing via iPhone hotspot, i hostes raids as well using it

Just now, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

No, it will work pretty well depending on your operator bandwith of course, but still usually no appreciable differences while playing via iPhone hotspot, i hostes raids as well using it

Right, I was just trying to say on the bandwidth is very low but worded it wrong because I am new at the forums and didn't want to look like an @$$. Sorry to have wasted pplz time. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Yee_The_MLG_Pro said:

Nice ty, just don't want my bills to be stupid high lol, so i guess everything will be alrirght if I'm quick ;)

No need to be quick, it will drain around 100-300mb per hour depending on what you are going to do ofc. Join missions will drain much more compared in chatting people while in your ship, for example

1 minute ago, Evorx said:

Right, I was just trying to say on the bandwidth is very low but worded it wrong because I am new at the forums and didn't want to look like an @$$. Sorry to have wasted pplz time. 

Low bandwith not that much of an issue on console, guess PS4 gets some kind of mechanism that adapt a bit the graphics and the overall detail if your bandwith is pretty low, if people wont show up in relays or people cant join on you thats because you playing in NAT3 or anyway with some kind of connectivity issue

back in the days ive got some kind of problem so since there was me in a Dojo people cannot join or they experienced disconnections regardless a pretty high bandwith

In addition to what everyone else has posted, if you are trying to keep your usage down, try to get in a relay that isn't busy. The more people in a relay, the more you are downloading. Every time they move, change loadout, load in, etc. etc. Just something to keep in mind if you are being critical of your usage.