Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hyena, Wolfpack Of One?

Vorpalstryke

The Lotus says that the Hyena is the new Corpus proxy that hunts in packs. But the battle is kind of disappointing since you only face off against one. And the fight usually goes faster than the one against the Jackal, the older inferior model.

Wouldn't it be great if we had to fight 3 Hyenas at the same time? Or at least scale the number based on the number of players - one for 1 player, 2 Hyenas for 2 to 3 players, and 3 Hyenas for 4 players. This will help with the abysmal drop rate too for mats and BPs. And provide a good challenge for players that prevents them from steamrolling this particular boss.

Of course, they will need a new stomping ground that caters to the increased number like the wide arena the Jackal fights in. Let's make it happen!

Lone wolf :)

aaauuuuuuuuuuuuuu (hyena...wolf...anyway - forever alone XD)

If this happens I would love some different colors for the Hyenas, maybe they could have different skillsets aswell?

Green: heals others, ground pound-knock down

Red: fires "plasma" rockets and has close range plasma (flame) thrower

Blue: sets up shields and places stun mines

Yellow: Teleports/ Creates temporary moving decoy (no damage)

Edit:

posted this in https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/65022-suggestion-new-enemies/#entry681735

Edited by Lactamid

If this happens I would love some different colors for the Hyenas, maybe they could have different skillsets aswell?

I like these ideas!

This idea is fantastic. I'd love to be challenged by having to fight 4 of these things at the same time.

This would aslo help with the abysmal drop rate of Control Modules ever since they diluted the boss loot pools with dojo trash (why do bosses need to drop those now?).

Unfortunately I can see many a new and underpowered player calling for a nerf to the new, actually challenging Hyena pack.

Edit:

posted this in https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/65022-suggestion-new-enemies/#entry681735

Yay, bring in tactics!

Due to the ever increasing Control Module drought, these were hunted down to near extinction. Now only individuals can be found where before we could find a thriving population. These majestic creatures are on the brink of annihilation unless we take action NOW. Help stop the killing.

This message was brought to you by TETA. (Tenno for the Excellent Treatment of Artificials)

Of course, if we have multiple Hyenas we'd need to scale down their shields and health to match. I'd say 3 Hyenas for solo, each with one third the shields and health of the original, and add one Hyena for every additional player, to a max of 6. And yes there would definately need to be a unique arena for the Hyenas.

I completely agree with this, however it should not be on Psamathe. I remember Hyena being very difficult when I first started, so I would say that creating an additional planet, or having this when used with a difficulty slider would be the best idea. As per;

Of course, if we have multiple Hyenas we'd need to scale down their shields and health to match...

I completely disagree with this. I don't feel there would be a point if you did that? Making them exist in packs and then weakening them so they are no more difficult than a single one. Arguably easier or harder, as that they have more firepower, but due to how fast I can take it out now I don't want to weaken it when it gets into a group. I think 3-4 would be a fun challenge, especially if they all had the same drop chance for Control Modules :)

Edited by liavalenth

I completely agree with this, however it should not be on Psamathe. I remember Hyena being very difficult when I first started, so I would say that creating an additional planet, or having this when used with a difficulty slider would be the best idea. As per;

I completely disagree with this. I don't feel there would be a point if you did that? Making them exist in packs and then weakening them so they are no more difficult than a single one. Arguably easier or harder, as that they have more firepower, but due to how fast I can take it out now I don't want to weaken it when it gets into a group. I think 3-4 would be a fun challenge, especially if they all had the same drop chance for Control Modules :)

Do you have any idea how bullet spongey the Hyena is right now? The point is to increase the number of Hyenas so that they can flank you better, have better fire power together (though not individually), and make the fight seem more intense since you're fighting multiple enemies instead of a single one, not make it take triple the number of bullets to fight the boss. If their shields and health were tweaked down to 50% of the original each, a team of 4 would still have to face 6 Hyenas which total 3 times the health of the current Hyena, without making each seem stupidly bullet spongey. If we kept the current Hyena's health on each, the fight would be just as tedious as it takes forever to gun one down, and I doubt solo players would have enough ammo to take 3 down without using top-end guns and mods. Edited by Madotsuki

I hope they do something like this. At present, I find it kinda dissapointing since its just another "spam shield with gorgon to do damage" type boss. If they reduced their shield and made them an actual pack, it would actually add strategy to the battle.

... If we kept the current Hyena's health on each, the fight would be just as tedious as it takes forever to gun one down, and I doubt solo players would have enough ammo to take 3 down without using top-end guns and mods.

There is some point to this, but I have been running Hyena a bit, what with needing Control Modules, and multiple times I find myself enter with the group and Hyena be dead before I can even run up to it...

You have to remember that it's in the 15-24 slot of difficulty...if you're around those ranks, it's a lot more difficult than it is when you're Forma'd and Potato'd, and have rank thirty weapons with potatoes, and are just spamming it for control modules. It was a lot more difficult for me the first time i ran into it than now. Try to think back. He's fine for where he's ranked. Now adding a 'pack of them' in a future planet or something could be interesting.

You have to remember that it's in the 15-24 slot of difficulty...if you're around those ranks, it's a lot more difficult than it is when you're Forma'd and Potato'd, and have rank thirty weapons with potatoes, and are just spamming it for control modules. It was a lot more difficult for me the first time i ran into it than now. Try to think back. He's fine for where he's ranked. Now adding a 'pack of them' in a future planet or something could be interesting.

My first time took quite a while. With a full squad. Apparently, no one had anything powerful enough. We took it down for a damn filedron sample after a few minutes. It was not hard, but it did take a while.

My first time took quite a while. With a full squad. Apparently, no one had anything powerful enough. We took it down for a damn filedron sample after a few minutes. It was not hard, but it did take a while.

Right, now if there were three or four of them together, and you were in that same gear you had in the first time, you're all dead over and over, with three others shooting at you while you focus down one of them.

Edited by Sumnus

Right, now if there were three or four of them together, and you were in that same gear you had in the first time, you're all dead over and over, with three others shooting at you while you focus down one of them.

I'm not seeing the problem. It's a boss. It is supposed to be really hard, especially the first time.

I'm not seeing the problem. It's a boss. It is supposed to be really hard, especially the first time.

there is no problem, the problem would be increasing the difficulty of the mission would be a bad idea, because new players would have a much harder time. Considering how hard it was when I first fought him, I wouldnot want them putting a pack on Psamthe. I think they should make another planet (maybe in the same system) with the pack, or make it occur with the difficulty slider they have mentioned may be put in the game later.

Edit:

+1 to this (but no stuns... use another type of control if possible T.T)