Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick way to check MR on players?

Mortimaar

Question

Hello,

i hope the following does not sound like i am thinking that i am better or an 'elite' player (which i am certainly aren't, far away from that). But in my time in Warframe i encountered many obstacles in offering, via the recruit channel, rare void t3 and t4 keys to help other players to get parts which they can't get alone because the enemies would be very difficult for them. I don't ask for a keyshare, i just use my keys. The problem i ran into is when i offer them i get alot of messages for an invite, but most of them are from low MR players. And here is the part which i hope you don't think less of me: i think low MR player aren't ready yet to do their part in those missions. Please hear me out. What i always say to low MR players is: first, unlock every node in the every planet, play the missions, get to know the game. Get resources through that to build non-prime weapons. You also get to know the movement system (which is very important) and the diiferent enemy types and what the can do. Get the normal frames from the boss fights and get to know their abilities.

But the problem is that many players i encounter don't do that, they just want to get the 'best' and 'rare' weapons right at the start, so they want to get into the high level void, but fail at most stages in them (die constantly, don't find the caches, aren't able to kill the enemies etc.). I often end up doing 60-70% of the damage (or protect the defense pod, find all the sabotage caches etc.). Because they don't know yet how to do that. And if i try to tell them the best approach before a mission i always get the response: i am fine, i can do that, i know what i do .... and then don't.

That is frustrating. I want to help (but also want my get fair share) but if people refuse to receive help ...

so TL;DR

I want to know a quicker way to check if a player has a certain MR so i can take them on those mission and expect that they can do their part and get the loot they need. Unfortunately you can see on their MR how good they know the game.

Like i said, i am not the bad guy and i don't think low of other player. but i want to enjoy the game like every other player, but i can't if i must do all the work.

Thank you for reading!

10 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Isn't very fun to always pug (mainly in survival) where you start the game and within 30 seconds 1-2 of your teammates go and afk for 15 minutes. So can I understand why he'd want people who pull their own weight? Yes. But this situation happens with ANY MR but the chances are higher for lower MRs

I disagree with you that it happens more often with low MRs, but it's besides the point really. It's his keys and the fact he is helping is praiseworthy. I simply pointed out the fact, he might want to consider who is he helping. Again, what the OP does with this is up to him and I certainly do understand him wanting to team up with people who actually contribute.

8 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

My solution: "H> T4 Sabotage, must have fully modded weapons and unlocked all nodes. Safety and Efficiency reasons."

It's unverifyable.

Edited by Lijka

34 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Yeach, sure... It will work wonders. But just so you know. Im a vet player and: I dont have every node unlocked, I dont have every frame or weapon. I go only for the best gear. So will you call me a noob for that? I dont fit into your defenition of veteran yet I know how every other frame works, even if I never played them, I know how to move, I do T4 solo. And Im MR14, coz Im too lazy to play every trash weapon or to max every frame coz I dont like how they play. You are just further excluding people like me from recruit chat, coz you want players with high MR. You dont see that this doesnt always correspond with skill and knowledgeabout the game. The reason I play T4 solo is that delusion. Think about it next time you see "H T1S MR15+" in that chat.

I will also remind you that before MR req in that chat, it was conclave points req. And that also didnt corresponded with loadout power or player skill.

I don't ever said the word "noob" once. I just pointed out how important it is for low MR players to get to know the game. And no weapon is trash, they just stop making enough damage if the mobs reach a certain level. Play as you like, but high tier missions need some of those 'better' weapons and the right frame with the right ability to get the mission smoothly done. And more often than not: low level MR players are not familiar with: what is the right frame to use or what weapon helps me in this circumstance. And that is unfortunate. You can learn the game AND progress very good with what you find outside the high tier missions. Nevertheless, i see people all the time that just want to be pulled through the mission and don't help at all. And most of the time these are low MR players, because the didn't do what i said earlier.

2 minutes ago, Lijka said:

I disagree with you that it happens more often with low MRs, but it's besides the point really. It's his keys and the fact he is helping is praiseworthy. I simply pointed out the fact, he might want to consider who is he helping. Again, what the OP does with this is up to him and I certainly do understand him wanting to team up with people who actually contribute.

Yes, that is what i meant. You need to pull your own weight. It is a team based game, help others to help yourself. But not if you are the DD, Medic and Tank together.

4 minutes ago, Mortimaar said:

Yes, that is what i meant. You need to pull your own weight. It is a team based game, help others to help yourself. But not if you are the DD, Medic and Tank together.

Well, then I'm afraid MR is the worst way to determine this, but sadly the only way. Best option is to do, what someone here suggested: "H T4 Survival, MR 5/7/10 +" :)

1 minute ago, Lijka said:

Well, then I'm afraid MR is the worst way to determine this, but sadly the only way. Best option is to do, what someone here suggested: "H T4 Survival, MR 5/7/10 +" :)

Unfortunately yes, it is currently the only way, beside doing a mission and see how the player does. And i can't do a full interview and determine if he can pull his weight. I don't want to judge a player by his MR either, but it is (for me at least) the quickest way to weighing if he can do it or not (just from past experience). Hence the topic question and my later suggestion. How to it quicker?

Or maybe the unused skill meter in the profile stats. Maybe DE can build that up to a point where you can quickly see how good the player does. But i think that is very difficult to count all different stats into that (Kills per Minute, deaths etc.) and weigh them properly. You can then determine by that how good a player is, without relying on the MR.

18 minutes ago, Mortimaar said:

Speaking of.. okay, another solution. Oberon + Phoenix Renewal. Tell everyone to stay near.

I do understand where you're coming from OP - I myself don't like to carry, unless I'm specifically there to carry - but your solution wouldn't solve your problem unfortunately, and it would give an excuse to MR elitists: "Devs put MR rank between each name because it's like a player level in MMORPG!!!". Sure, you will weed out some low levels with poor understanding of the game, but then you will attract more clueless high-MR players.

Mastery Rank is a meaningless statistics because of how easily it can be abused. Personally, I think devs should focus on creating a better learning curve that produces "better", or rather "better informed", players.   

Regarding the question; there is no known simple way of checking MR of players apart from clicking their names and going to their profiles.

Some advice as well, if you are going to be using higher end tower key missions and wish to have players who have most accesses and unlocks then state the MR requirement for the mission or the team set-up you wish to go with for the said tower mission. If you wish to help new players then do not use your higher end tower keys,unless absolutely necessary, upon them. It would be better to help them know how the game works and what they actually need to do.

If helping others to acquire certain gear; make sure that you are set-up to go with a majority of endgame load-outs and the person who is not endgame equipped can survive decently. At most 1 player with low MR probably and the rest to be endgame built.

Edited by Riaxyron

I would like a quick way to check "hours played" or stats instead. So until they add an option like that or something you're better off just typing for example "H T4D need SLOW NOVA/FROST etc..." 

And send alot of friend requests to the players who joined you and performed well, and join an active clan and just send invites to them and communicate with them every time you're hosting something and avoid randoms all together.

Another thing is don't rely on anyone or depend on them to win, just do your best and most of the time you'll succeed even if one of them didn't do their part.

Edited by (PS4)SNAKE0757

11 hours ago, Mortimaar said:

Ehm, just so you know: i was there when the berlin wall fall, so ....

Did you personally help Ronald reagan up onto the wall so he could personally declare the cold war over with a simple declaration to gorbachev and a scattering of jelly beans?

Seriously... Been playing a while and only host if i know I can carry it... MR don't matter unless you still need a little help, or want to avoid getting bored.  I have had some MR 15+ who didn't know how to EV Trinity, then get all upset when you start complaining

Edited by kkinnison

I actually managed to start an argument in the recruit chat when I asked why someone needed people MR 15+ people to do a 60-80 min T4S run. I'm asked because A. MR is kind of a crapshoot and B. 60 minutes in a T4S is pretty trivial if you just stay invisible the entire game, I learned that when I was with a team doing a T3S game for 1.5 - 2 hours and the enemies were in the level 100s.

I know how you feel bro, new players nowadays always want best frame, best weapon or best prime  in the game so they refuse to do small things like clear all the maps on each planet, get new necessary mods, learn how to do spy or where the caches are.Like you said, it's frustrating.

What happens to new players nowadays:

1. See high MR op guy on Earth

2. Checks the guy's loadout

3. I WANT DAT

4. Asks for void stuff in recruiting 

5. Ends up having op stuff at low MR but half baked skills

Or:

1. See high MR op guy on Earth

2. Checks the guy's loadout

3. Ama get dat once I get experienced

4. Asks for void stuff in recruiting after going through planets

5. Carries own weight

This is why I don't farm neurodes on Lua.