Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing

Desperado14

Question

So I am trying to prepare for this new archwing update, and the only reason is because I think maybe this new quest coming up may make us do a lot of archwing missions.  

To be honest, archwing is not my favorite to say the least.  I always pass up missions, even the Jordas Precept, because I would rather do so many other missions.  

Now I Want to increase my ability to do these missions, so I actually started to level up all my archwing stuff.  I am aquiring and leveling up a lot of new archwing mods, and I am building the Odonata Prime along with trying to get parts for the centaur (I only have the blade left to go.)

Are there any tips you guys could give me on catching up and being able to do archwing semi-proficiently so I have a better chance at success playing archwing?  Do I need to add catalysts or reactors?  What weapons or mods do you reccomend, maybe even builds?  

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Use corrosive damage on every faction, even the Corpus. 

Also I'd go ahead and try to collect all the weapons, just in case they make us start buying Archwing slots. You can even get Itzal straight from clan research, no farming necessary. 

I would say getting all the mods is a must, especially the damage increasing weapon mods and the power R/S/D/E mods. As for modding, you can be pretty liberal with it, as there aren't many mods at all (The Archwings themselves only has 10, unless you count the primed one). Arch-gun and Arch-melee have 13 and 11, respectively with both having an event-exclusive mod. I would recommend for all archwings: Efficient transferal, Energy amplifier, Morphic transformer (The primed version), System reroute, Auxiliary Power, Enhanced Durability and Hyperion Thrusters.

You can just mod the arch-weapons the same way you mod normal weapons, damage increase, elementals and the like.

Edit: As for potatoes, you can install them if you have spares, but I recommend you use them for warframes and weapons you enjoy using first and foremost.

Edited by Thetantanman
Added a little thing for potatoes

Putting potatoes in your Archwings is fine, since Gold Potatoes tend to show up more than new Archwings or Warframes. So feel free to upgrade them. Also, Level up all your Archwings. If you don't have the base 3, then make sure you do. That'll give you a bit more options than if you only have the Odonata.

Next, find a primary and melee Archwing weapon to use that you like, and upgrade the hell out of them. I use the Imperator Vandal and Centaur myself, but you might want to try getting as many as you can so you have variety as well. You might find out you like one weapon more than another. Also, don't worry about farming for the Phaedra or Kaszas, because you'll never get the parts from the Neptune, Salacia (Defense C) drop, because no one plays Salacia, and if they do, it's 1 person, and you'll join them, and then it'll be so boring and slow and you'll leave before Round 20. So yeah, just forget about crafting those weapons. Because you're not seeing them without plat, or without some very deranged help, because no one likes Archwing.

Anyways, hopefully that'll give you a few pointers.

Oh, Viral works well on most things in Archwing too, for some reason.

1- all AWs are good in their own way, same as WFs, don't think that one is better than the other 

2- the best weapons imo are imperator (vandal), fluctus, grattler (not my fav though) and phaedra, basically any auto gun will do, since AW tends to be crazy sometimes, and trying to aim and shoot with semi-auto or shotguns is a bit hard. though you can use these against corpus since their tileset is narrow and easy to aim 

3- all arch-melee weapons are good, they all can kill enemies fast with the right build, since AW enemies are rather easy to kill. so it's basically your choice, go for the melee you like it's looks/animations better and have fun 

4- when you want to lvl up, go to the MD missions on earth and mars, gain some lvls and then go to uranus. but since the recent MR changes, you'll get some mod point even if you forma/build a new weapons, so if you have the essential mods on, just go right to the INT mission on uranus 

farming archwing isn't all that bad

In a little over a week, I was able to build and max: Velocitus, Centaur, Rathbone. I'm now leveling: Itzal, Kaszas, and Dual Decurion. 

I hadn't run any archwing since completing the original quest and I only play a handful of hours per night. 

I'd be satisfied if I could get Elytron & Knux, but they'll drop.....eventually.

Potato your Archwing at the very least so that you can fit all of the survivability mods since there are fewer ways to avoid taking damage in Archwing than on the ground. I'd suggest also putting a potato on an Arch-gun and Arch-melee as well, but that's less important.

The best Arch-guns are the Imperator, Imperator Vandal, Fluctus, Grattler, and Velocitus in my opinion. The Imperator and Imperator Vandal are good for all-round use, the Fluctus is great for taking out groups of enemies, and the Grattler and Velocitus destroy tougher targets (such as bosses) very quickly.

All of the Arch-melee weapons are fine, though the Centaur is arguably the best. To be perfectly fair, though, all of them are usable; none of them are so strong or so weak as to overshadow everything else or be overshadowed.