Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I get? Im kinda confused

ClatterHD3

Question

So as the title says, Im confused between choosing Nikana, Nikana prime, Dragon nikana and broken war. Also, should I build amprex for corpus killing or should i stick with either a boltor prime or soma prime? Any help is appreciated. Many thanks!

4 answers to this question

Boltor Prime and Soma Prime are both quite capable of killing Corpus but if you aren't short on weapon slots then you should try the Amprex anyway as it's a quite different weapon that plays in a different way.  If you want a Dragon Nikana you'll need to build a Nikana first and you should really level it to 30 for Mastery before using it as an ingredient for the Dragon Nikana.  Nikana Prime is the best of the Nikanas though and doesn't need the others as ingredients so if you can get hold of the parts you might as well go for it.  Broken War is a very good short sword (as long as you have Crimson Dervish) and when you get it it'll already have a Catalyst installed and comes with it's own weapon slot so there is really no reason not to add it to your collection, especially as the Second Dream quest also provides access to other things while progressing the narrative.

Well, dragon nikana is a direct upgrade to nikana, and nikana prime is a direct upgrade to dragon nikana, so of those three nikana prime is the clear winner (although there's not really anything wrong with dragon nikana if you can't get a hold of nikana prime right away) 

As for nikana prime vs broken war and amprex vs boltor prime and soma prime, the're all good and as long as you build them correctly it doesn't really matter and you should just use what you like.

Edited by rapt0rman

The Amprex is still my most-used weapon and I can tell you it can be built to kill anything. Latent elec dmg means it can easily become corrosive to deal w/ grinny and infested, as ancients are the true threat of the latter.

My only advice if marketing it as a corpus killer is that nully bubbles shrink at a static grade. You will need to tap fire bubbles down or you'll waste an entire clip on them. Or you could just courage wolf into it on purpose. Nullies have trash for health and will instantly die from 1-2 tics off a standard build up to lvl100.

44 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Well, dragon nikana is a direct upgrade to nikana, and nikana prime is a direct upgrade to dragon nikana, so of those three nikana prime is the clear winner (although there's not really anything wrong with dragon nikana if you can't get a hold of nikana prime right away) 

As for nikana prime vs broken war and amprex vs boltor prime and soma prime, the're all good and as long as you build them correctly it doesn't really matter and you should just use what you like.

YEAhhhhhhh, about that. I am pretty horrible at builds. I mean, i am ready to grind for a few mods but i am pretty bad at messing up different element combinations or should i put status and crit on it or not. I am still gonna stick to broken war until i get war. And i am gonna build amprex since i do a lot of corpus mission, no reason why. But thank you all anyways :smile: