Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerning the change to Mod capacity

(PSN)CoolD2108

Question

Hey there 

There was apparently a change to the mod capacity on PC which now reflects your current MR. Could someone explain how it scales in Detail?

There shouldn't be a mr30 in the game as off now... so 1:1 scaling should make primarys, which need 4-6 formad Slots by default impossible to build. Does one get one additional point to the 10 base per rank, making mr20 the goal or does MR count double, what would translate to mr15 aka 30 points totall the max?

Does having a higher Mastery rank at least extend the maximum of 30 or is this change rly but a nerf to the current state of the game?

Thx in advance!

7 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

So

Mr<10= less capacity and MR>10 more points for leveling? Or is the minimum still capped at 10? I mean this Variation doesn't sound as Bad as I anticipated (as i've been following multiple Threads demandig just such a change)...

Not quite. If you're MR10, all of your gear will start Unranked with 10 Mod Capacity. For as long as your gear's rank is below 11, it will have 10 Mod Capacity. Once you get the item to Rank 11, it will have 11 Mod Capacity. When it gets to Rank 30, it'll have 30 Mod Capacity.

If you're MR13, your stuff will start with 13 Mod Capacity, and have 13 until you get its rank PAST 13. And so on, so forth. Capiche?

To reiterate: it has no bearing on your gear once said gear reaches max rank. Is it the best change to the system? Arguably not, but it only serves to be positively convenient and to help give your new weapons and whatnot an extra edge. I'm not the biggest fan, since it gives less of a feeling of progression, but to each their own.

The Mod Capacity of any given item = (max(Mastery Rank, Item Rank) * (if Supercharged: 2; else: 1)) + Stance/Aura pts.

In other words, Your MR just affects how much juice your gear starts with when it's Unranked, and once the gear's rank catches up to your MR it starts gaining capacity up to 30(60).

7 minutes ago, Kappatalist said:

The Mod Capacity of any given item = (max(Mastery Rank, Item Rank) * (if Supercharged: 2; else: 1)) + Stance/Aura pts.

In other words, Your MR just affects how much juice your gear starts with when it's Unranked, and once the gear's rank catches up to your MR it starts gaining capacity up to 30(60).

So

Mr<10= less capacity and MR>10 more points for leveling/starting Setup after puttin formas in? Or is the minimum still capped at 10? I mean this Variation doesn't sound as Bad as I anticipated (as i've been following multiple Threads demandig just such a change) ...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Just now, Kappatalist said:

Not quite. If you're MR10, all of your gear will start Unranked with 10 Mod Capacity. For as long as your gear's rank is below 11, it will have 10 Mod Capacity. Once you get the item to Rank 11, it will have 11 Mod Capacity. When it gets to Rank 30, it'll have 30 Mod Capacity.

If you're MR13, your stuff will start with 13 Mod Capacity, and have 13 until you get its rank PAST 13. And so on, so forth. Capiche?

To reiterate: it has no bearing on your gear once said gear reaches max rank. Is it the best change to the system? Arguably not, but it only serves to be positively convenient and to help give your new weapons and whatnot an extra edge. I'm not the biggest fan, since it gives less of a feeling of progression, but to each their own.

Welp, it's at least no direct Nerf for Beginners then and helps with formas if you're above Mr 10 so no criticism from my side then.

Thx for clarification!

8 minutes ago, Kappatalist said:

Not a problem!

Yep, that's the idea. And keep in mind that it applies to ALL players, not just those above MR10.

Ah that's quite nice indeed ! (Somehow had 10 points default haunting my thoughts, no idea where that came from ?)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108