The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker not immune to Tenno powers anymore?

The_Stalker

6 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

He used to be straight-up immune to pure damage powers. Don't know about now, to be honest.

He's still immune to powers like shock and fireball I assume. But isn't immune to powers like the stunning effects of Discharge.

Stalker has never been immune to damage powers(aside from entering Absorb state).

He still cancels defensive/control powers attempts, so I don't see much difference there.

The only real difference I am seeing is his loss of Teleport, Pull, Smoke Screen, and his Dread. 

Dread made him dangerous to fight in the open at range.

Teleport cut down on LoS tactics.

Smoke Screen was just the biggest headache ever.

Pull was used if you played the ranged game with him. 

For the general quality of his drops now, he's about as tough as he needs to be imo. He isn't as hard to kill anymore, but he mostly drops garbage as it is.

That said, I'd love to see Old Stalker bring the whuppin' to New Stalker though.  That's a fight I'd watch again and again.

Edited by Padre_Akais

46 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Stalker has never been immune to damage powers(aside from entering Absorb state).

From what I remember he has. Wiki was correct - if power did nothing but damage, he ignored it (Shock, Peacemaker), and if it did damage and had other effects (Charge) he'd ignore the effects but take damage.

Old stalker was immune, now Shadow Stalker isn't. 

I'm actually kind of disappointed with version 2.0.

Old Stalker, now HE was terrifying. (or she. how do I know?) He had weapons for targets of every range, his powers were diverse and surprising, and there really wasn't a proper strategy against him/her, save praying.

But now? Shadow Stalker can be kited to infinity and beyond, his powers are evade-able and mainly just annoying, and HE LOST HIS MUSIC!

I just wish I had my old, terrifying buddy back...

29 minutes ago, vrdwrst2 said:

Old stalker was immune, now Shadow Stalker isn't. 

I'm actually kind of disappointed with version 2.0.

Old Stalker, now HE was terrifying. (or she. how do I know?) He had weapons for targets of every range, his powers were diverse and surprising, and there really wasn't a proper strategy against him/her, save praying.

But now? Shadow Stalker can be kited to infinity and beyond, his powers are evade-able and mainly just annoying, and HE LOST HIS MUSIC!

I just wish I had my old, terrifying buddy back...

Except the old stalker was easily defeated by shooting Synoid Gammacor to his face when he just spawned. He went down before he could even move.

New Stalker just gets Magnetized and goes down just as fast.

Is it different? slightly?

PS: Where's my WAR and Hate Stalker >.>

2 hours ago, vrdwrst2 said:

Shadow Stalker can be kited

You don't even need to kite him, you can just bumrush him now. I wish I was joking.

1 hour ago, -KittyCat- said:

Is it different?

Yes. Classical Stalker had one working exploit. Shadow Stalker doesn't even require exploits.