Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's Tailwind damage needs scaling

(PSN)Deepee__S

Probably the most satisfying ability in the game when you pull it off multiple times. However, Tailwind's current horizontal attack desperately needs the combo window and scaling.

Multiple casts should allow you to pivot and change direction increasing damage on extra kills.

You can already attempt these highly skilful ludicrous manoeuvres without any extra reward in terms of damage.

I've managed to re-cast tailwind 10 or 15 times (arcane energize) in a row, but because it doesn't effect the combo window or scale for damage medium to high level enemies won't die...

Do you know how much skill it takes to pivot the camera in mid air and line up a new target? At least reward the player for the effort!

No matter the maxed power strength, range and duration builds -still no dice.

Please rework Zephyr for this.

Edited by (PS4)Techmagi

They should definitely combine her 1 and 2 and give her another ability, aiming down and hitting the ground should cause the dive bomb and scale with the speed and height. 

I like your idea, I also think they should make her easier and more mobile using the ability rather than making it into some exalted jump.

She needs a total rework, not jsut QoL changes tbh. And the fact that they are doin limbo before her or hydroid is super sad for all the community since those frames are very underplayed right now...

Tailwind is outdated as heck, it carries over momentum super weirdly, and thus Bulet jumping is a lot better in most cases anyways and and as you said, anything but mobility applications are laughable.

Divebomb is a worse melee slam attack.

Turbulence is good, but inconsistent when around allies and hitscan weapons.

Tornadoes are pretty much the worst ultimate in the game right now, nearly damageless CC that is highly effected by rng and actually protects enemies from AoE by dispersing them...

What I would suggest is, that Tailwind mechanics change so that it adds its momentum over time, not all at once when cast, and that it does that in the direction you are aiming even during the power. Make them chainable, or even infinite with a drain when holding the button down, so we can actually very the direction and strength for each cast, and not just for each loadout.

Put, as suggested, divepomb as part of Tailwind, but make it so that the explosion triggers whenever zephyr hits a surface, not just the ground and put some real scaling on it.

New "2" power, whatever it will be, make it fun to use while in the air.

Fix Turbulence interactions.

Make a new "4" thats also good when used in the air and not a 3 year casting time ability that can only be used on the ground.

Also maybe tweak her passive a bit so that she can drop faster if she is aircrouched or something, to help her get down without suffering the landing lag of divebomb and melee slam.

There are a good many re-work threads on Zephyr, so let's keep this to the topic for now.

A really simple way of making Tailwind more scalable to the endgame isn't a buff to damage; it's CC. Lots of people agree, having Tailwind ragdoll enemies that she passes with Tailwind, or at least stagger them if they're in range, would counter one of her biggest weaknesses; crowded corridors. Damage caps out at high level, CC doesn't, and the ability to blow through a crowd of mobs in confined spaces would set Zephyr above and beyond many of the other frames in the same category of fast, evasive frames.

A lot of people believe that Dive Bomb would work best when on the same cast as Tailwind (myself included, but I favour the tap for Tailwind, hold for Dive Bomb which halts your momentum and if you hold, but then release before the bomb starts, you can re-cast Tailwind, parkour, land... anything) which would then lend to the Dive Bomb Vortex mod applying its ragdoll to Tailwind too, sucking enemies into the path of the ability for damage and CC.

Which leads me to think that, if this were to happen, that putting the basic ragdoll onto Tailwind would bring the ability up to speed with the current game play.

Maybe a little more damage, like a boost for the longer you fly, or something like Volt's static charge where air-time adds stacking damage to the cast. The longer you're in the air, parkouring and wall-latching, before you cast, the more damage it deals. Makes playing The Floor Is Lava a worthwhile activity.

But a ragdoll CC would be a minimum addition to the ability, it definitely needs a boost.