Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Shatter Shield Bug(?)

Aiana3D

Question

Oh look, it’s me again. 

This time, it’s about shatter shield. Generally speaking, it can reflect both scorpion hooks, and bombard missiles. At around level 50, however, this ceases to be the case, for me anyway. It this normal, or is it just bugging out for me again?

The lag from my useless internet could have been the cause as well.

4 answers to this question

It's like Turbulence on zephyr, sometimes the rockets hit nearby(the floor or a squadmate) and you get caught in the blast radius.To answer your question, it's not bugged, maybe you should keep an eye on your timers though. I ran a few survivals last night on her and didn't have a single problem.

14 minutes ago, TheGuyverOne said:

It's like Turbulence on zephyr, sometimes the rockets hit nearby(the floor or a squadmate) and you get caught in the blast radius.To answer your question, it's not bugged, maybe you should keep an eye on your timers though. I ran a few survivals last night on her and didn't have a single problem.

timer was still at like 20 seconds, so i'll probably check some more. thanks for the info.

Yeah, the actual thing with Shatter Shield is it's a hard cap at 95% reduction/reflection chance. After a certain point in scaling missions, enemies are accurate enough that the 5% chance to hit shows up more often, that's all.

Turbulence is the same, except it caps out at around 99% or so, meaning that there's always going to be a chance that an enemy can hit you, it's just less frequent.

10 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Yeah, the actual thing with Shatter Shield is it's a hard cap at 95% reduction/reflection chance. After a certain point in scaling missions, enemies are accurate enough that the 5% chance to hit shows up more often, that's all.

Turbulence is the same, except it caps out at around 99% or so, meaning that there's always going to be a chance that an enemy can hit you, it's just less frequent.

That makes sense, actually. I always just assumed that shatter shield had a 100% success rate, and that the 95% was purely for the damage reduction. Guess i was mistaken.