Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recoloring my frames.

artemisfortune

Question

6 answers to this question

This is what I use for mine. 

UPcfUoT.jpg

My favorable colors are close to a bright red and deep black, but you can change the red color to your own favorite to suit your needs, also make your tertiary color lighter or darker depending on the main tones. You can also change the deep black to a couple slightly lighter shades depending on your base tones.

Also, if you're going to run the Proto-Armor, use either the Mordred (Or the proto helm) or Pendragon helmet, it looks better and the Prime helm doesn't really fit much. That's just my opinion though.

These colors don't go on the same for every frame, so mix and match for the best fashion frame! :D

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

First off, you need hella pallettes.

Secondly, mash random. You want a basic idea (dark, bright, contrasting) first, but just let the game work for you. I find myself changing either primary or second color to an almost-pitch black with most random selections and seeing if other tonial adjustments will produce a desireable result.

A very basic suggestion, which someone else who posted could stand to use... is to avoid absolutes. Pitch black often results in a loss of texture contrast. It has its uses at times, oft only for detailing, but should be avoided for color choices that cover large areas.

Don't be afraid to use less-saturated colors as well. How everything comes together sometimes requires less visual focus on one subject, in order to enhance another indirectly.

2 hours ago, JSharpie said:

This is the general color scheme I use on all frames, I want a new one desperately, so any suggestions?

I usually do this...

1) Fade. Pick a general color you like for the frame and fade it dark to light. Usually one frame color is for some details or a lower layer, make that another color.

2) Armor. Add armor you like the shape of and color it something different. If the frame is light, make it dark. If the frame is dark make it light. If the frame has armor bits built in, maybe share the color, like gold on armor for your prime or black/grey armor if the frame has black/grey parts you can't color.

3) Tweak. Once you have the overal look tweaking is a lot easier. Go back to the frame and play with the colors. Get similar colors instead of a fade, fade more or less, play with energy color, see if you want a sigil on there, etc.

IMHO, it usually looks "meh" when people's weapons and frame body go together. I recommend your weapons match your armor, or make them their own color so they pop.

tG5Q09L.pngWYPRwTT.pngnOUbZNz.pngI3B2vK2.pngsDSFbfR.png

Edited by VKhaun